This page contains a list of user images about 2012 Canadian Federal Budget which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse 2012 Canadian Federal Budget news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
The father and son movie star duo told Ellen about their relationship, and the things Will does to embarrass his son.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
|Presented||29 March 2012|
|Passed||14 June 2012|
|Finance Minister||Jim Flaherty|
|Total revenue||C$255.0 billion‡|
|Total expenditures||C$276.1 billion|
|Website||http://www.budget.gc.ca/2012/plan/pdf/Plan2012-eng.pdf Jobs, Growth, and Long-Term Prosperity|
‡Numbers in italics are projections.
The Canadian federal budget for fiscal year 2012–2013 was presented to the Canadian House of Commons by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty on 29 March 2012. Among the most notable elements of the federal budget were changes to Old Age Security and a reduction of the budget for the Canadian Forces.
Key elements 
These initiatives are to be delivered in periods that vary from one to five years:
- The age of eligibility for Old Age Security will gradually rise from 65 to 67 between 2023 and 2029.
- Funding for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation was reduced by 10%, to approximately $1 billion per year. Funding for the National Film Board of Canada and Telefilm Canada were also cut 10%.
- 19,200 federal public service jobs are being eliminated, approximately 4.8% of all federal public service jobs. Of those, 7,200 will be via attrition, and 12,000 via layoffs. About 4,800 of the affected employees work in Ottawa or Gatineau.
- Extension of Mineral Exploration Tax Credit and Small Business Hiring Tax Credit for one year, elimination of the Overseas Employment Tax Credit (OETC) by 2016, elimination of Atlantic Investment Tax Credit and Creation of efforts to Crack down on tax avoidance and loopholes
Programs and departments eliminated 
Programs and departments cut as part of the budget include:
- Assisted Human Reproduction Canada (effective 13 March 2013)
- National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy
- National Aboriginal Health Organization (effective 30 June 2012)
- Experimental Lakes Area (effective 31 March 2013)
- Canadian Immigration Interim Federal Health Program (effective 30 June 2012)
- Arctic atmospheric research lab called PEARL - Polar Environment Atmospheric Research Laboratory (effective 30 April 2012)
As a result of the budget cut, in April 2012 the CBC announced it would cut its English Services budget by $86 million, of which $43 million was a reduction of programming and the remainder from the elimination of 256 jobs. It will cut jobs in other departments, totalling 650 throughout the corporation. The changes take effect in June 2012. It cancelled the radio program Dispatches, the TV series InSecurity and the television program Connect with Mark Kelley. The changes included a reduction of the budget for CBC News by $10 million, the elimination of 88 jobs in that division, and the shuttering of its news bureaus in South America and Africa. CBC Radio had its budget reduced by $3 million, eliminated 18 jobs, and stated it would no longer commission radio dramas. Other programming cuts included to CBC Sports, which had a $4 million budget reduction and recast Sports Weekend as a seasonal program. Compared to its budget in 2011—2012, the CBC will cut its operating budget by $27.8 million in 2012—2013, $69.6 million in 2013—14, and $115 million in 2014—15.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada announced in April 2012 that it would close the Cereal Research Centre operated at the University of Manitoba. The Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) stated that 5,561 of its members in 23 government departments had received notices from the federal government about the potential termination of their jobs. This includes 308 jobs at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, which will cut its operating budget by $56 million. The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada announced that the employment of 1,500 of its members would be affected. Health Canada would eliminate up to 840 jobs, including 150 scientists.
On 1 May 2012, PSAC announced that Parks Canada would eliminate 638 jobs, and that 1,689 of its "scientists, engineers, technicians, mechanics, carpenters and program managers" would be affected by changes, and that 908 employees of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, 490 employees of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, and 180 employees of Transport Canada would also be affected. Library and Archives Canada is expected to eliminate 105 jobs, and Statistics Canada is expected to cut 273.
In November 2012, the Treasury Board president Tony Clement stated that the federal government had cut 10,980 public service jobs, of which 7,500 were by attrition or not replacing employees who had quit.
- Department of Finance
- Department of Finance
- Department of Finance
- Kelly, Brendan (30 March 2012). "CBC, NFB and Telefilm to see 10% cut". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- National Post
- CBC News
- CBC News
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada. "News Release – Reform of the Interim Federal Health Program ensures fairness, protects public health and safety". Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- CBC: 2012
- Ryan: 2012
- Curry: 2012
- "The penny's days are numbered". CBC. 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- "CBC cancels shows, slashes jobs in cutbacks". CBC News. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Cereal Research Centre to close amid federal cuts". CBC News. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Carlson, Kathryn Blaze (2012-03-29). "Federal budget kills the penny, cuts CBC spending". National Post. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- Blackwell, Tom (30 March 2012). "Government shutters agency that oversees Canada’s fertility and assisted reproduction industry". National Post. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Curry, Bill (1 May 2012). "Parks Canada hit hard as Ottawa doles out nearly 4,000 job notices". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- DeMara, Bruce (10 april 2012). "CBC cancels Connect and Dispatches in response to federal budget cuts". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- Dixon, Guy (10 April 2012). "CBC cuts current-affairs shows, 88 news jobs". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Pugliese, David (4 April 2012). "Defence Department cuts 1,000-plus civilian workers". National Post. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Press, Jordan (29 March 2012). "CBC takes a 10% federal funding cut in Canada’s 2012 budget". National Post. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Ryan, Andrew (19 April 2012). "CBC puts Battle of the Blades on hold". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Schmidt, Sarah (11 April 2012). "Cuts to food-safety inspection force will impact food quality in Canada: union". National Post. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Smith, Joanna (11 April 2012). "Federal budget 2012: Up to 100 food inspectors on chopping block, says union". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Payton, Laura (16 November 2012). "Almost 11,000 federal jobs cut so far, Tony Clement says". CBC News. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
"High Arctic research station forced to close". CBC. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Budget 2012 – Jobs, Growth, and Long Term Prosperity". Department of Finance, Government of Canada. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
"Katimavik killed for 'ideological' reasons, Trudeau says". CBC News. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012. "National Aboriginal Health Organization’s funding cut". CBC News. 2012 April 9. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- Budget Plan of the Government of Canada
- Harper Government Announces 10,980 Public Sector Positions Eliminated in Past Six Months at the Treasury Board