This page contains a list of user images about ANTHONY JOHNSON which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse ANTHONY JOHNSON news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
ANTHONY JOHNSON Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch the Behind The Scenes in this link below: http://youtu.be/36CLFOyaml0 Make sure to subscribe to this channel for new vids each week! http://youtube.com...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Fun.'s music video for 'We Are Young' featuring Janelle Monáe from the full-length album, Some Nights - available now on Fueled By Ramen. Visit http://ournam...
What people expect romance to be vs what it really is... Follow Catherine! https://twitter.com/CDekoekkoek Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://ww...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
Music video by Eminem performing Love The Way You Lie. © 2010 Aftermath Records #VEVOCertified on September 13, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://ww...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
|Born||Anthony Kewoa Johnson
March 6, 1984
Dublin, Georgia, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||230.2 lb (104 kg; 16 st 6 lb)|
Light Heavyweight (2012-present)
|Reach||78 in (198 cm)|
|Style||Kickboxing, Wrestling, Sanshou|
|Fighting out of||Boca Raton, Florida|
|Team||Jaco Hybrid Training Center (Blackzilians)|
|Rank||NJCAA All American wrestler|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Notable school(s)||West Laurens High School|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Anthony Kewoa Johnson (born March 6, 1984) is an American mixed martial artist. He is best known for fighting in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Appeared in the movie Warrior (2011 film) as a fighter named Orlando "Midnight" Le.
Mixed martial arts career 
Ultimate Fighting Championship 
He made his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night 10, knocking out Chad Reiner just thirteen seconds into the first round. He had taken the fight on less than a weeks notice replacing an injured Steve Bruno who tore his rotator cuff. He was also seen in a previous video for The Ultimate Fighter trying out for season six, however for undisclosed reasons he was not on the show.
In his next bout, he was submitted by Rich Clementi. The fight saw Clementi execute a flawless gameplan of taunting Johnson, only to secure back mount and choke Johnson out. Regardless, Johnson regards this as a win. He bounced back with an impressive victory over Tom Speer.
Anthony's fight against Kevin Burns aired live on Spike TV on July 19, 2008, ended in a loss due to eye pokes, at 3:35 of the third round. Johnson could not continue after being poked in the eye multiple times. Many believe that Johnson should have won the fight via disqualification. earlier in the bout and possibly fouled in this fashion three other times. Johnson lost his appeal due to lack of remedy.
Johnson fought Kevin Burns again in a rematch on The Ultimate Fighter 8 finale. This time the outcome was different with Johnson winning the match by knocking Burns out via headkick. The knockout was awarded "Knockout of The Night" and a $25,000 bonus.
Johnson was scheduled to fight Matt Brown at the TUF 9 Finale, but had to pull out. Johnson fought Japanese Judoka Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 104 where he won at 0:41 of the first round by KO. The fight became a catchweight bout of 176 when Johnson missed weight by six pounds. Johnson dwarfed Yoshida in the cage and won by knockout in the first round. Despite his knockout of Yoshida, Johnson was not eligible for the Knockout of the Night bonus due to coming in overweight. He also lost 20% of his purse.
Since he took virtually no damage during his fight with Yoshida, Johnson made a quick turnaround and faced Josh Koscheck on November 21, 2009, at UFC 106. Both Johnson and Koscheck were awarded Fight of the Night honors for the contest.
Because of the knee injury, Johnson considered a move to the middleweight division of the UFC. Johnson indicated on the June 4, 2010, episode of Inside MMA that he must typically lose 55 pounds to make 170. Despite this, Johnson said that although he may take a fight at 185, he does not plan to remain there and intends to stay at 170.
Johnson returned to the octagon in early 2011. He faced Dan Hardy on March 26, 2011 at UFC Fight Night 24. Johnson used superior wrestling and controlled Hardy to a unanimous decision victory but did drop him with a left head kick in the first round of the fight.
Johnson was expected to face Nate Marquardt in what would have been his first main event on June 26, 2011 at UFC on Versus 4 but was forced out of the bout with an injury and replaced by Rick Story.
For his next fight, Johnson attempted to move up to middleweight to face Vitor Belfort on January 14, 2012 at UFC 142. Leading up to the UFC 142 weigh-ins, doctors advised Johnson to terminate his weight cut and rehydrate. Johnson came in at 197 lb, 11 pounds over the middleweight division limit. The fight remained scheduled under the stipulation that Johnson would not weigh over 205 lb on fight day and would forfeit 20% of his purse to Belfort. On fight day, Johnson officially weighed in at 204.2 lb, and Belfort won via first round submission. Following the loss, Johnson was released from the promotion.
Titan Fighting Championships 
After being released from the UFC, Johnson fought fellow UFC veteran David Branch at Titan Fighting Championships 22. On the day of the weigh ins for the fight, Johnson once again missed making the 186 lb limit for the middleweight division, as he weighed in at 194.2 lb, 8.2 lb overweight. Branch was notified the morning of the weight in that Johnson was not going to make weight, so as a result he weighed in at 189 lb. The bout was then agreed upon as a catchweight bout at 195 lb. This marked the fourth time in Johnson's professional career that he has weighed in over the assigned weight limit. Johnson won the fight via unanimous decision (30–27 on all cards).
Johnson made his light heavyweight debut at Titan Fighting Championships 24 against former King of the Cage Super Heavyweight Champion Esteves Jones, Johnson won via TKO in just 51 seconds of the second round.
Independent Promotions 
World Series of Fighting 
Championships and achievements 
Amateur wrestling 
- National Junior College Athletic Association
Mixed Martial Arts 
Mixed martial arts record 
|Professional record breakdown|
|19 matches||15 wins||4 losses|
|Win||15–4||Andrei Arlovski||Decision (unanimous)||World Series of Fighting 2||March 23, 2013||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey United States||Heavyweight bout.|
|Win||14–4||D.J. Linderman||KO (punch)||World Series of Fighting 1||November 3, 2012||1||3:58||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||WSOF Debut|
|Win||13–4||Jake Rosholt||TKO (head kick)||Xtreme Fight Night 9||September 21, 2012||2||4:22||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||12–4||Esteves Jones||TKO (punches)||Titan Fighting Championships 24||August 24, 2012||2||0:51||Kansas City, Kansas, United States||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Win||11–4||David Branch||Decision (unanimous)||Titan Fighting Championships 22||May 25, 2012||3||5:00||Kansas City, Kansas, United States||195 lb catchweight bout|
|Loss||10–4||Vitor Belfort||Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC 142||January 14, 2012||1||4:49||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||197lb catchweight bout|
|Win||10–3||Charlie Brenneman||TKO (head kick)||UFC Live: Cruz vs. Johnson||October 1, 2011||1||2:49||Washington, D.C., United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||9–3||Dan Hardy||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis||March 26, 2011||3||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Loss||8–3||Josh Koscheck||Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC 106||November 21, 2009||2||4:47||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||8–2||Yoshiyuki Yoshida||KO (punch)||UFC 104||October 24, 2009||1||0:41||Los Angeles, California, United States||176 lb Catchweight|
|Win||7–2||Luigi Fioravanti||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens||February 7, 2009||1||4:39||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Win||6–2||Kevin Burns||KO (head kick)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs Team Mir Finale||December 13, 2008||3||0:28||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Loss||5–2||Kevin Burns||TKO (eye poke)||UFC: Silva vs Irvin||July 19, 2008||3||3:35||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Johnson was poked in the eye. Could not continue.|
|Win||5–1||Tom Speer||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon||April 2, 2008||1||0:51||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||4–1||Rich Clementi||Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC 76||September 22, 2007||2||3:05||Anaheim, California, United States||177 lb Catchweight; Johnson missed 170 lb. limit.|
|Win||4–0||Chad Reiner||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Stout vs Fisher||June 12, 2007||1||0:13||Hollywood, Florida, United States|
|Win||3–0||Keith Wilson||Decision (majority)||Rocky Mountain Nationals: Demolition||September 16, 2006||2||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States||Won Rocky Mountain Nationals tournament|
|Win||2–0||Rich Moskowitz||Decision (unanimous)||Rocky Mountain Nationals: Demolition||September 16, 2006||2||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||1–0||Jonathan Romero||TKO (punches)||PF 2: Live MMA||August 16, 2006||1||1:09||Hollywood, California, United States|
- "NSAC results for UFC: Silva vs. Irvin". boxing.nv.gov. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Tom Speer Vs Anthony Johnson Fight Video UFC Fight Night 13". Mmatko.com. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Exclusive: NSAC Rejects Anthony Johnson's Appeal". MMAFrenzy.com. 2008-09-12. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Shnerer, Ariel. The Fight Network "UFC Fight Night 14 Suspensions - Johnson Appeals"
- "Anthony Johnson Loses Appeal; Loss Via Eye-Pokes Will Stand". Cagepotato. 2008-07-28. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Goyder, James (2008-06-17). "Anthony Johnson vs Kevin Burns UFC Fight Night 14 fight booked". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- [dead link]
- "Browning, Kaplan, Johnson, Soszynski earn $25K TUF 8 Finale bonuses". MMAjunkie.com. 2008-12-14. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "UFC 104's Anthony Johnson: "As soon as I didn't make weight, my life changed. I". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 29 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson in the works for UFC 106". fiveknuckles.com. Archived from the original on 31 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- "Anthony Johnson vs. John Howard targeted for UFC Fight Night 21 main card". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "Anthony Johnson injured, withdraws from UFC on Versus 1 bout with John Howard". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Morgan, John (2010-05-24). "UFC's Anthony Johnson and camp considering move to middleweight class". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson likely UFC Fight Night 24 co-headliner". mmajunkie.com. December 26, 2010.
- "Anthony Johnson out, Rick Story steps in to face Nate Marquardt at UFC on Versus 4". mmajunkie.com. June 2, 2011.
- "Charlie Brenneman vs Anthony Johnson fight booked for UFC on Versus 6 in Oct.". mmamania.com. July 16, 2011.
- "Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson slated for UFC 142 in Brazil". MMAJunkie.com. November 1, 2011.
- "Anthony Johnson weighs 204.2 pounds, UFC 142 co-main event is on". MMAJunkie.com. January 14, 2012. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- John Morgan (January 15, 2012). "UFC releases Anthony Johnson following UFC 142 loss". mmajunkie.com.
- "Anthony Johnson vs. David Branch Set as Main Event for Titan Fighting 22". mmaweekly.com. April 10, 2012.
- "Titan 24 adds Anthony Johnson vs Esteves Jones, Braulio Estima vs Chris Holland for Aug. 24 in Kansas City". mmamania.com. July 26, 2012.
- "Report: Anthony Johnson Will Fight Jake Rosholt Four Weeks After His Light-Heavyweight Debut". cagepotato.com. July 30, 2012.
- "ANTHONY JOHNSON TO COLLIDE WITH D.J. LINDERMAN AT INAUGURAL WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING MMA EVENT". sherdog.com. October 5, 2012.
- "World Series of Fighting inks deal with NBC Sports Network, Arlovski vs. Johnson". mmajunkie.com. February 4, 2013.
- "National Wrestling Hall of Fame". Wrestlinghalloffame.org. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2012-02-07.