This page contains a list of user images about Adambakkam which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Adambakkam news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Buy the track here: http://atlr.ec/TZ8yBf Directed by Tony T. Datis.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
|— Neighbourhood —|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||44 - 225, 233, 234|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chennai South|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Saidapet|
Adambakkam is a neighbourhood in Chennai, a city located on the east coast of South India. It is a thickly populated area close to the St. Thomas Mount Railway Station. Adambakkam is surrounded by Alandur, Palavanthangal, Nanganallur, Vanuvampet, Puzhuthivakkam, Velachery and Guindy. Before October 2011, one part of Adambakkam used to come under Chennai Corporation while the other under Alandur Municipality. From October 2011, the entire area was merged with Chennai Corporation.
Adambakkam is located at  It has an average elevation of 7 metres (26 feet)..
Adambakkam has a population with diverse cultures where Hindus, Muslims and Christians co-exist. Prominent Hindu temples are the famous Pazhandi Amman temple near Mount railway station, Devi Nagamuthu Mariamman temple in EB Colony, Lord Subramanya temple in Brindavan Nagar, Bhuvaneshwari Amman temple in Andal Nagar and Nandeeswarar temple near St. Thomas Mount railway station. Viswaroopa Sarvamangala Shaneeswara Bhagawan Sannidhi is located inside Devi Nagamuthu Mariamman temple. Prominent Mosque is the Masthan Gori Masjid behind Adambakkam police station. Prominent Church is the St. Mark's Church in Brindavan Nagar.
Nandeeswarar temple exists from ancient period approx 1000+ years. This temple was said to be built by the Chola Kings. While going through this place, Kanchi Maha Periyaval found this temple and asked the people to conduct regular pujas. This temple is very famous for Pradhoshams and is well managed. It has developed a lot in the last few years.
- Pazhandi Amman Temple, Near St.Thomas Railway Station
- Nandeeswarar Temple, Near Mount Subway
- Lord Subramanya Temple, Brindavan Nagar
- Devi Nagamuthu Mariamman Temple (Vada Thirunallaru), EB Colony
- Sri Bhuvaneshwari Amman Temple (Vada Pudhugai), Andal Nagar
- Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple (Vada Thiruvarangam), Mohanapuri
- Sundara Vinayagar Temple, NGO Colony
- Sri Varasidhi Vinayagar Temple (Opp. to Adambakkam Police Station)
- Sri Karpaga Vinayagar Temple and Sri Rukmani Pandurangan Temple, Shanthi Nagar
- Ayyappan Temple, EB Colony
- Puttru (Snake) Temple, EB Colony
- Sri Ranganathar Temple, Mohanapuri 2nd Street
- Sri Sarva Sidhi Vinayagar Temple, Ramakrishnapuram
- Sri Sakthi Vinayagar Temple, Nilamangai Nagar
- Sri Devi Karumariamman Temple, Balaji Nagar Main Road
- Sri Sathyanarayan Temple, Mahalakshmi Nagar
- Arulmigu Sri Muthumaariamman Temple, Kakkan Nagar 2nd Street
- Papathi Karumariyamman Temple, Dr.Ambedkar Nagar West Velachery
- Muthumariamman Temple, Dr.Ambedkar Nagar West Velachery
- Thirukoodam, Saraswathi Nagar
- Shirdi Sai Baba Temple (Near Adambakkam Water Tank, Lake View Street)
- Devi Karumariamman Temple|Venkatesa Perumal Temple|Lakshmi Narasimhar Temple, Near Thillai Ganga Nagar Subway
- St. Mark's Church, Brindavan Nagar
- ECI Church, Kakkan Nagar
- Masjid Tabaarak, Masthan Gori Street
- Masjid Mubaarak, Ambedkar Nagar
- Masjid Ar Rahmaan, Ambedkar Nagar
- Masjid An Noor, Masudi Colony, Maduvankarai
- Masjid Ridwaan, Nehru Nagar
- Masjid Muhammadiyah, AG's colony
The St. Thomas Mount Railway Station between Alandur and Adambakkam, part of the Chennai suburban railway serves the city's railway commuters. The phase II extension of the elevated Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) railway project is progressing at full pace and Adambakkam Station is expected to be built in Medavakkam main road junction near Vanuvampet. The work on the Rs.495.74 crore project is in progress and is expected to be completed by December 2012. Mount subway and Thillai Ganga Nagar subway connects Adambakkam with GST Road. The Kakkan Bridge connects Ramakrishnapuram and Brindavan Nagar.
Summary of Transport facilities in Adambakkam:
- MTC services via Medavakkam Main Road from all major areas to Nanganallur, Ullagaram, Madipakkam, Keelkattalai, Nanmangalam, Kovilambakkam, Medavakkam Koot Road
- MTC services via Brindavan Nagar from all major areas to Puzhuthivakkam
- Beach-Tambaram-Chengalpattu Suburban train service
- MRTS extension from Velachery to Puzhuthivakkam, Adambakkam and St.Thomas Mount (Under construction)
- Metro Rail from Central to St.Thomas Mount via Koyambedu (Under construction)
Educational Institutions 
- DAV School, Vel Nagar
- Vyasa Vidhyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School (VVMHSS), Balaji nagar
- G.K.Shetty Hindu Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Brindavan Nagar
- Mount Christian Matriculation Higher Secondary School (St.Britto's Academy), Near St.Thomas Mount Railway Station
- New Prince Matriculation School, South Sector, New Colony
- Indira Gandhi Matriculation School, Kundrakudi Nagar
- Little Flower School, Secretariat Colony 
- Unity Public School, Mahalakshmi Nagar
- Jai English Medium School (Nursery & Primary), Shanthi Nagar
- Sunshine School, Inner Ring Road (Near Puzhuthivakkam MRTS Station)
- Rosary Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Shanthi Nagar
- Ma Play School, Ramakrishna Puram, Near Kakkan Bridge 
- Little Millennium (Educomp), Mohanapuri 
- Meera's Tiny Tots and Day Care, V.V.Colony 
- Apple Kids International Pre-School, Balaji Nagar and Thillai Ganga Nagar 
- EuroKids, Surendra Nagar (Near Jayalakshmi Theatre) 
- International Montessori & Play School, Mahalakshmi Nagar
- St.Joseph's Convent, Near Venkateshwara Super Market, Brindavan Nagar
- PSBB Millenium School (Near Kathipara towards Airport)
- St.Britto's Academy, Velachery 
- Sri Chakravarthy International Matriculation Academy (Near Kathipara towards Airport)
- AJS Nidhi Higher Secondary School, Alandur, Near St.Thomas Mount Railway Station
- St. Marks Middle School, Brindavan Nagar
- Alandur Municipal Middle School, Karuneegar Street
- Ganesh Institute of Engineering (G.I.E.) (Near St.Thomas Mount Railway Station) 
- NIIT Computer Education, Mount-Medavakkam Main Road (Near Jayalakshmi Theatre)
- CSC Computer Education, Karuneegar Street
- Apollo Computer Education, Pazhandiamman Koil Street
- SRM Infotech Computer Education, Karuneegar Street
- IIHT Computer Education, Karuneegar Street
- FIT Computer Education, Karuneegar Street
||St. Thomas Mount / GST Road / Airport||Alandur||Guindy|
|Nanganallur / Thillai Ganga Nagar||Velachery|
|Keelkattalai||Vanuvampet / Ullagaram / Puzhuthivakkam||Madipakkam|
- "Expanded Chennai Corporationto be divided into 3 regions". The Hindu. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Adambakkam
- "Outer Ring Road phase I to be over next year". The Hindu. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Aloysius Xavier Lopez (18 November 2011). "MRTS to Adambakkam likely by mid-2012". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Adambakkam|
- The Hindu Images - Adambakkam
- Alandur Municipality
- Suburban Train Timings To/From St.Thomas Mount
- Rail Network around Adambakkam
- Property Price Trends in Adambakkam
- Adambakkam Photos
In the News 
- Mini Bus Services
- Project Green Hands Nursery in EB Colony-Isha Foundation
- Shri Narendra Modi (Gujarat CM)-DAV School Function
See also 
|St. Thomas Mount|
|Next station east north/north:
|South West Line, Chennai Suburban||Next station south/south west:
|Stop number: 11||KM from start: 18|