This page contains a list of user images about Albanian Cuisine which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Albanian Cuisine news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Albanian Cuisine Images
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
|Part of a series on|
|Balkan countries with substantial Albanian population|
|Varieties of Albanian|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
The cuisine of Albania is influenced by Turkish, Greek, and Italian cooking. Every region in Albania and Kosovo has its own unique dishes. Albanian cuisine is characterized by the use of Mediterranean herbs such as oregano, black pepper, mint, basil, rosemary and more in cooking meat and fish. Olive oil and butter are a main ingredient in dishes.
Vegetables are used in almost every dish. Usually, Albanian farmers grow every vegetable present in the Mediterranean region and sell them at the local farmers' market. Vegetables are bought fresh at the farmers' market early in the morning, which is open every day.
The main meal of the Albanians is lunch, which usually consists of gjellë, the main dish of slowly cooked meat, and a salad of fresh vegetables, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and olives. The salad is dressed with olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Bread (Bukë) or corn bread (Bukë misri) are ever-present on the Albanian table. Hence the expression for "going to eat a meal" (Albanian: për të ngrënë bukë) can be literally translated as "going to eat bread."
- Chicken livers
- Eggplant appetizers
- Dolma (stuffed pepper with rice and meat)
- Pickled cabbage (Turshi lakre)
- Fried sardines with lemon (sardele me Limon)
- Albanian-style meze platters that include prosciutto ham, salami and brined cheese, accompanied with roasted bell peppers (capsicum) and/or green olives marinated in olive oil with garlic, and hummus.
- Papare: bread leftovers cooked with water, egg, and Gjize (a special type of Cottage cheese)
- Oven-baked trout (or Ohrid trout) with onions and tomatoes
- Baked fish with olive oil and garlic
- Baked carp or eel
- Tavë kosi, baked lamb and yogurt dish
- veal or chicken with walnuts
- Fërgesë of Tirana with veal
- Fried meatballs or Qofte të fërguara.
- Kolloface Korçe
- Veal with very large lima beans
- Harapash, which is polenta with the intestines of lamb, butter, cheese and corn flour
- Dolma (in Serbia known as Sarma and in South Eastern Montenegro known as Japrak) — a family of stuffed vegetable dishes
- Baked leeks
- Fërgesë of Tirana with peppers
- Peppers stuffed with rice, meat and vegetables
- Stuffed aubergines with cheese
- Byrek — Albanian vegetable pie; it can also have feta cheese, spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, or meat; it's a layered pie also known as "pite" or "pita".
- Kungullur — Pastry layers filled with mashed pumpkin, butter, salt and sugar
- Bakllasarëm — A traditional food prepared in Kosovo and Albania: it's layered pie also known as "pite" or "pita" (Byrek) without anything inside, which is covered with yogurt and garlic, and then heated again. It is eaten for lunch.
- Flia — A traditional food prepared in Kosovo and Albania.
The desserts most common in Albania are made throughout the Balkans:
- Turkish Delight
- Shëndetlie me mjaltë
- Tollumba — fried dough pieces in syrup
Mineral water is one of the most preferred non-alcoholic drinks in Albania, along with carbonated beverages. Some of these are produced locally and some are imported.
- Carbonated and mineral waters
- Yogurt (Kos)
- Mountain Tea (Çaj Mali)
- Various fruit juices and soft drinks
- Albanian buttermilk (Dhallë)
- Beer (local Birra Tirana, and Birra Korça)
- Cognac (local Konjak Skënderbeu)
- Albanian wine
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
See also 
|Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on|
- 20 Traditional Albanian Recipes
- Traditional Dishes by Region in Albania
- Traditional Albanian Recipes Portal (Albanian)
- Albanian Liver Recipe