This page contains a list of user images about All Of The Lights which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse All Of The Lights news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
All Of The Lights Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
The Otherside Remix Music Video was filmed in various locations for about a year and a half throughout 2010-2011. It is the duo's second video collaboration ...
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Jimmy Kimmel Lie Detective #1 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV show ...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Lawrence shows Tyrell how to play the game Fronthand Backhand.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
|"All of the Lights"|
|Single by Kanye West featuring Rihanna|
|from the album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy|
|Released||January 18, 2011(radio)|
|Length||4:59 (Album version)
4:19 (Radio edit)
|Label||Roc-A-Fella, Def Jam|
|Writer(s)||Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter|
|Producer||Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker (co.)|
|Kanye West singles chronology|
"All of the Lights" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Kanye West, released January 18, 2011, as the fourth single from his fifth studio album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010). It was produced by West and features additional vocals from several other recording artists, including John Legend, The-Dream, Elly Jackson, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elton John, and Rihanna, who is solely credited as a featured artist on the single.
"All of the Lights" was well received by music critics, who complimented its detailed production and dramatically-themed style. The single was a moderate international success, reaching number 18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in the United States, while it also attained respectable chartings in several other countries. It won Grammy Awards for Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 54th Grammy Awards. As of December 2011, the song has sold over 1,561,000 digital units in the US.
The song's accompanying music video, directed by Hype Williams, featured strobe-lit images of Rihanna and West, as well as Kid Cudi. It was given a discretionary warning by Epilepsy Action, stating that the video "potentially trigger[s] seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy".
"All of the Lights" was written by Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Malik Jones and Warren Trotter. Its production was helmed by West himself and co-produced by Bhasker. Fourteen artists lent their voices as background vocals to the song: Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Drake, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elton John, Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, Tony Williams, Elly Jackson, Alvin Fields, Ken Lewis, and Rihanna, who also sang the song's hook and is labeled as a featured artist on the single version. West and Rihanna previously collaborated with Jay-Z on "Run This Town" (The Blueprint 3, 2009).
Even though not fully leaked, "All of the Lights" was featured for the first time on "Runaway"—a 35-minute film about West's "true labor of love" which was released on October 19, 2010. The song was featured in the film together with other songs from the then-upcoming West's fifth studio album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010), including "Monster", "Power" and "Lost in the World" among others. The song fully leaked on November 4, 2010, online.
During the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards, on November 10, 2010, Rihanna was interviewed by MTV News' staff. In the interview she explained that, West already played his album to her three months ago and that "All of the Lights" was one of her favorite songs. About it, she further commented, "So when he asked me to come up to the studio at 2 o'clock in the morning, I had to, because I loved it, I knew it was that song." In an interview for the same publication, Elly Jackson said of the song's vocal layering, "He got me to layer up all these vocals with other people, and he just basically wanted to use his favorite vocalists from around the world to create this really unique vocal texture on his record, but it's not the kind of thing where you can pick it out". Andrew Dawson, Anthony Kilhoffer, Mike Dean, HI and Noah Goldstein recorded West's vocals at Avex Recording Studios in Honolulu, Hawaii and Electric Lady Studios in New York City. Rihanna's vocals were recorded by Marcos Tovar at the Westlake Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California. The song was released as fourth and final single from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. It was sent to Australian contemporary hit and alternative radio stations on December 13, 2010. On January 18, 2011, the song was sent to contemporary hit and Rhythmic radio in the US. On February 19, 2011, "All of the Lights" was solicited to mainstream radio stations in the UK.
Composition and lyrical interpretation 
"All of the Lights" is a hip hop song that runs for 4 minutes and 59 seconds. According to the sheet music published by Universal Music Publishing Group at Musicnotes.com, it was composed in the key of B minor using common time and a steady groove. Rihanna's vocal range spans from the low note of Ab3 to the falsetto note of F5. Instrumentation is provided by a brass, drum and bass, piano and horns. The piano is played by Elton John, who also together with thirteen other vocalists provides the background vocals. American singers Fergie and Alicia Keys, sing the break-downs and Ad-libs, respectively. Alex Deney from NME called the song a "sleb-studded centrepiece".
West announced through his Twitter account that "All of the Lights" would be the album's fourth single. Following the album's release, the song debuted at number 92 on the Billboard Hot 100. "All of the Lights" was released as a single on January 18, 2011 in the US and is set for a February 21, 2011 release in the UK. Rihanna was credited as a featured artist for the single when impacting radio. In the United Kingdom, it was included in BBC Radio 1's B-Playlist.
Allmusic's Andy Kellman stated "At once, the song features one of the year’s most rugged beats while supplying enough opulent detail to make Late Registration collaborator Jon Brion's head spin". Alex Denney of NME called it "the sleb-studded centrepiece", commenting that "In anyone else’s hands it’d be an A-list circle-jerk of horrid proportions, but through Kanye’s bar-raising vision it becomes a truly wondrous thing". Zach Baron of The Village Voice found the song's lyrics relevant to the "year of economic suffering", writing that "West interrupted his own wealthy anomie to pen 'All of the Lights,' an incongruously star-stuffed song about a disoriented parolee trying to beat a restraining order and see his daughter, working out a brief reunion with her estranged mother: 'Public visitation, we met at Borders'". Chicago Sun-Times writer Thomas Conner viewed that "as crowded as 'All of the Lights' is [,] it maintains an almost operatic drama, telling a tale of adultery and its aftermath that winds up being quite moving". The Guardian's Kitty Empire cited the song as "the album's most magnificent high", writing that it "backs up operatic levels of sound with great drama".
For the 54th Grammy Awards in 2012, "All of the Lights" was nominated for Grammy Awards for Song of the Year, Best Rap Song, and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. It won the latter two awards. Slant Magazine placed it atop their list of best singles of 2011.
Music video 
The music video for "All of the Lights" was filmed in January 2011 and directed by Hype Williams. It features strobe-lit images of Rihanna and West, Kid Cudi in a red leather suit, and visual references to Gaspar Noé's 2009 film Enter the Void. The video premiered through West's Vevo channel on February 19, 2011. After reports of the video's images causing seizures with epileptic viewers and a public response from British organization Epilepsy Action, an alternate video was released that includes a discretionary warning that the video "potentially trigger[s] seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy", and removed its opening prologue and neon credits.
An earlier version of the song's remix was leaked in 2010, featuring a verse by Drake. On March 14, 2011, an unfinished version of the remix of was leaked to the internet, featuring guest verses from Big Sean, Lil Wayne, and Drake, a different verse from the leak. However, it did not feature West himself.
Credits for "All of the Lights" adapted from liner notes.
Chart positions 
Year-end charts 
Radio history 
|Australia||December 13, 2010||Contemporary Hit Radio, Alternative|
|United States||January 18, 2011||Top 40/Mainstream and Rhythmic radio|
|United Kingdom||February 19, 2011||Mainstream radio|
- Grein, Paul (December 7th, 2011). Week Ending Dec. 4, 2011. Songs: Katy Goes On Sale. Yahoo! Music. Retrieved on 2011-12-8.
- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Album notes). Roc-A-Fella Records. 2010.
- Montgomery, James (November 10, 2010). "Rihanna 'Loved' Working With Kanye West On 'All Of The Lights'". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Reid, Shaheem (July 24, 2009). "Jay-Z's 'Run This Town' Makes Radio Debut". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Warner, Kara (October 19, 2010). "Kanye West Says 'Runaway' Taps Into His Inner 5-Year-Old". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Anderson, Kyle (November 4, 2010). "Kanye West's Massive Posse Track 'All Of The Lights' Leaks". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Roberts, Steven (November 22, 2010). "Kanye's 'All Of The Lights': A Vocal Breakdown". MTV Rap Fix. Viacom. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Kellman, Andy (November 21, 2010). Review: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2011-01-30.
- "Kanye West - All of the Lights". Musicnotes.com. Universal Music Publishing Group.
- Kelly, Stephen (November 25, 2010). "Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". BBC Music. BBC. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Reed, James (November 21, 2010). "True West". Boston Globe (The New York Times Company). Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- "Kanye West Turns On 'All of the Lights'". Idolator. Buzz Media. November 3, 2010. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- "Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Review)". URB (Raymond Leon Roker). Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Deney, Alex (November 19, 2010). "Album Review: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella)". NME (IPC Media (Time Inc.)). Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (October 5, 2010). Kanye West's Album To Be My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. MTV News. Retrieved on 2010-11-28.
- Anderson, Kyle (December 2, 2010). Pink Scores Her Second Billboard Hot 100 Chart-Topper. MTV News. Retrieved on 2010-12-03.
- Copsey, Robert (December 2, 2010). Pink scores third US chart topper. Digital Spy. Retrieved on 2010-12-02.
- Top 40/M Future Releases. All Access Music Group. Retrieved on 2011-01-04.
- Radio1: U.K. – Forthcoming Singles. Radio1. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Available for Airplay: 2011 – 1/18 Mainstream. FMBQ. Retrieved on 2011-02-19.
- Radio 1 – Playlist: 16 February 2011. BBC Radio. Retrieved on 2011-02-19.
- Denney, Alex (November 19, 2010). Review: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. NME. Retrieved on 2011-01-30.
- Baron, Zach (January 19, 2011). Kanye West Wins One for the Douchebags. The Village Voice. Retrieved on 2011-02-19.
- Conner, Thomas (November 21, 2010). Review: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved on 2011-01-30.
- Empire, Kitty (November 19, 2010). Review: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. The Guardian. Retrieved on 2011-01-30.
- "Nominees and Winners". GRAMMY. The Recording Academy. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "The 25 Best Singles of 2011 – Slant Magazine". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- J.R. (Jan 2, 2011). "Kanye West Behind the Scenes of 'All Of The Lights' Music Video Shoot". Hip-Hop RX. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Kanye West – All Of The Lights ft. Rihanna, Kid Cudi. Vevo. Retrieved on 2011-02-24.
- Staff (February 19, 2011). Kanye West ‘All of the Lights,’ Featuring Rihanna: Video. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved on 2011-02-19.
- Rubin, Julia (February 19, 2011). WATCH: Kanye’s ‘All Of The Lights’ Video Is Here!. Styleite. Retrieved on 2011-02-19.
- Iandoli, Kathy (February 25, 2011). Kanye West’s ‘All Of The Lights’ Video Causes An Uproar. MTV News. Retrieved on 2011-03-01.
- Bain, Becky (February 28, 2011). Kanye West Releases Less Seizure-Inducing Alternate Video For “All Of The Lights”. Idolator. Retrieved on 2011-03-01.
- J-23 (March 10, 2011). Kanye West Releasing "All of the Lights" Remix Featuring Drake, Big Sean. HipHopDX. Retrieved on 2011-03-10.
- Staff (March 14, 2011). Kanye West f. Lil Wayne, Drake & Big Sean – All Of the Lights Rmx. HipHopDX. Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
- Ramirez, Erika (March 14, 2011). Kanye West Drops ‘All Of The Lights’ Remix, Rap Critics React. MTV News. Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
- "Australian-charts.com – Kanye West – All of the Lights". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Hung Medien. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Top 40 Urban Albums & Top 40 Urban". ARIA Charts. (Australian Recording Industry Association). March 28, 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2011. Retrieved March 30, 2011. Text "Singles " ignored (help)
- "Kanye West – All of the Lights – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Hung Medien. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Kanye West – All of the Lights" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Ultratop & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Kanye West – All of the Lights" (in French). Ultratip. ULTRATOP & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "Brasil Hot 100 Airplay". Billboard Brasil (Brasil: bpp) (2): 96. June, 2011. ISSN 977-217605400-2
- "Brasil Hot Pop & Popular Songs". Billboard Brasil (Brasil: bpp) (2): 97. June, 2011. ISSN 977-217605400-2
- "Kanye West Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Kanye West. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Lescharts.com – Kanye West – All of the Lights" (in French). Les classement single. Hung Medien. Retrieved May 10, 2011.
- MTV | Deutsche Black Charts KW 10 | charts. MTV. Archived from the original on 2011-03-15.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart. Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "Charts.org.nz – Kanye West – All of the Lights". Top 40 Singles. Hung Medien. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- "Top 40 Scottish Singles 09.04.11". The Official Charts Companyaccessdate=2011-04-03.
- ":: 가온차트와 함께하세요 ::". Gaonchart.co.kr. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "Kanye West – All of the Lights – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart. Official Charts Company. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Archive Chart" UK R&B Chart. Official Charts Company.
- "Kanye West Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Kanye West. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Kanye West Album & Song Chart History" Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Kanye West. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Kanye West Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Kanye West. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Kanye West Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Rap Songs for Kanye West. Prometheus Global Media.
- "2011 Singles Accreditations". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on 10 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- "Latest Gold & Platinum Singles". Recording Induestry Association of New Zealand. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Searchable Database". Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Search: Kanye West. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Best of 2011: Hot 100 Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Kanye West - All Of The Lights - Issue 817". The Music Network. Peer Group Media. December 13, 2010. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report. 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-02-18. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "All of the Lights" at MusicBrainz
- Official revised music video at YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics