This page contains a list of user images about Anthony Julius which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Anthony Julius news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Anthony Julius Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Music video by Rihanna performing Disturbia. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 48070735. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
Anthony Julius (born 1956) is a British lawyer and academic, known for his actions on behalf of Diana, Princess of Wales, Deborah Lipstadt and more recently Heather Mills. He is Deputy Chairman for the London law firm Mishcon de Reya.
Julius is known for his opposition to new antisemitism, the alleged expression of antisemitic prejudice couched in terms of certain kinds of discursive assaults on Israel, and gives frequent talks on the subject all over the world to raise awareness. He is a founding member of both Engage and the Euston Manifesto. In 2011 he became chairman of the board of the Jewish Chronicle.
He is a son of a London menswear retailer, educated at the City of London School. His father died young of a brain tumour. Julius studied English literature at Jesus College, Cambridge, graduating in 1977 with a first class degree, and completed a Ph.D. in English literature at University College London under the novelist and academic Dan Jacobson. He joined Mishcon de Reya, a Bloomsbury law firm in 1981 becoming a partner in 1984. Currently he is Deputy Chairman to that firm.
He married Judith Bernie in 1979 and had four children with her.
Julius is a commercial litigator. He is a specialist in the fields of defamation, international trade disputes, and media law. He has been a solicitor-advocate since at least 2001 , which allows him to act as a barrister in so far as he can now appear in the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
He is Vice-President of the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund, and was one of the charity's founders and its first Chairman.
Julius has promised to defend individuals and institutions affected by the most recent proposed academic boycott of Israeli universities. Writing in the Guardian, in an article co-authored with historian Simon Schama, Julius compared the academic boycott to policies adopted by Nazi Germany, noting “This is not the first boycott call directed at Jews. On April 1, 1933, a week after he came to power, Hitler ordered a boycott of Jewish shops, banks, offices and department stores.” He considers the proposition unfair for singling out Israel as "uniquely evil" among nations, and said he would be delighted to act to protect those who, for example, face contractual difficulties as a result of any boycott.
In 2008, Julius was critical of a signed statement by Independent Jewish Voices, a liberal group, for Israel to lift its economic blockade of the Gaza. Julius said "It is by no means unarguable that Israel is right to treat Gaza as an enemy territory. It is hard to see on what basis Israel's actions can be seen as a violation and only one or two of the signatories could grapple with issues involved."
In March 2013 he was criticised by an employment tribunal for wasting its time and for his decision to pursue certain points, with complaints variously dismissed as “palpably groundless”, “obviously hopeless” and “devoid of any merit”.
Selected publications 
- T.S. Eliot, Anti-Semitism and Literary Form (1st edition Cambridge University Press 1995, 2nd edition Thames & Hudson 2003), based on his PhD thesis
- Idolising Pictures (Thames & Hudson 2000).
- Transgressions: The Offences of Art (Thames & Hudson 2002).
- "Art Crimes", in Law and Literature (Oxford University Press 1999) and in Dear Images: Art, Copyright and Culture (Ridinghouse 2003).
- Trials of the Diaspora: A History of Anti-Semitism in England (Oxford University Press 2010). ISBN 978-0-19-929705-4.
- For example, see Kuruvila, Matthai Chakko. "Bay Area debate flares over 'new anti-Semitism'", San Francisco Chronicle, January 27, 2007.
- Anthony Julius to chair JC board, Jewish Chronicle, January 20, 2011.
- Rachel Cooke (2010-02-07). "Anthony Julius on Diana, Dina and the new antisemitism". The Observer. Archived from the original on 20 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Mail Online (July 22, 2005). "Pulped Fiction: World's richest widow at war with royal novelist.". Daily Mail. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- John Berger is wrong, Simon Schama and Anthony Julius, The Guardian, 22 December 2006
- Diana lawyer vows to fight Israeli academic boycott, The Guardian, 7 June 2007
- British Jewish group sparks outrage with Gaza blockade criticism, Haaretz, 2 February 2008
Further reading 
|Find more about Anthony Julius at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Definitions and translations from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Travel information from Wikivoyage|
- "The hollow man" Guardian review of Julius's book on Eliot
- Appointment as chair of the London Consortium.
- "The Euston Manifesto"
- "'Finding Our Voice' Conference"