This page contains a list of user images about Bed Intruder Song which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Bed Intruder Song news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Bed Intruder Song Images
Go to RoosterTeeth.com for all of season 8 of RvB!
The Otherside Remix Music Video was filmed in various locations for about a year and a half throughout 2010-2011. It is the duo's second video collaboration ...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
In memory of Dave Niehaus (1935-2010). All proceeds benefit the Rainier Vista Boys and Girls Club. Video Directed by Jason Koenig (JkoePhoto.com) Video and M...
An Epic Rap Battle to determine who is the more manly man. Get the Song on iTunes: http://bit.ly/ERBofManliness Check out the Behind the Scenes: http://youtu...
|"Bed Intruder Song"|
|Single by Antoine Dodson and The Gregory Brothers featuring Kelly Dodson|
|Released||July 31, 2010
August 6, 2010 (Full version)
|Genre||R&B, pop, electronica|
The Gregory Brothers, Kelly Dodson
"Bed Intruder Song" is a song by The Gregory Brothers and Antoine Dodson, featuring Kelly Dodson. The song by the Auto-Tune the News creators features processed vocals of Antoine Dodson, who was talking to a news reporter about the attempted rape of his sister Kelly. The song peaked at number 89 in the Billboard Hot 100, the only song that week to enter the chart on iTunes downloads only. The original music video for "Bed Intruder Song"[note 1] went viral. As of February 23, 2013, it has been viewed over 111 million times since it was uploaded on July 30, 2010. YouTube listed the song as the most popular video of 2010. On March 26 the song won a Comedy Award for Best Viral Original.
The song is based on a recording from a WAFF-48 news report about an attempted rape in Huntsville, Alabama. A video of the news report was first posted to the WAFF-48 TV station website on July 29, 2010 and then copied and uploaded to YouTube on the same day. Just two days later The Gregory Brothers released an Auto-Tuned song version of the news report. The pitch contour of Antoine Dodson's voice was manipulated to make him appear to sing.
Critical reception 
The music video for "Bed Intruder Song" achieved immense viral success. It became the most-viewed YouTube video of 2010 (excluding major label music videos) despite having been created in the summer of that year.
Jason King, a music professor at NYU was quoted by NPR as saying "It's catchy. It has a really good hook, but it's problematic, too. There's a way in which the aesthetics of black poverty—the way they talk and they speak and they look — sort of becomes this fodder for humor without any interest in the context of the conditions in which people actually live."
Michael Gregory told Billboard that he did question the appropriateness of taking a bad news story and making it into a musical parody but then came to the conclusion that "it's taking a terrible situation and making at least something positive out of it." The band is splitting the money they make from sales 50% with the Dodson family. The Dodson family subsequently was able to move out of the projects. Evan Gregory said of the song's success, "I think people are latching onto it is frankly quite similar to why they latch onto a classic ballad or pop song that tops the charts – because there's real emotion behind it that people identify with, even if, in this case, it was for unusual reasons." Andrew Gregory said that "There are plenty of comments that quote funny lines from the song but one of the comments I see most often on our videos is, 'I can't get this out of my head.'"
"As the remix took off, I became increasingly uncomfortable with its separation from the underlying situation. A woman was sexually assaulted and her brother was rightfully upset. People online seemed to be laughing at him and not with him (because he wasn't laughing), as Dodson fulfilled multiple stereotypes in one short news segment. Watching the wider Web jump on this meme, all but forgetting why Dodson was upset, seemed like a form of ‘class tourism.’ Folks with no exposure to the projects could dip their toes into YouTube and get a taste. [...] The creativity unleashed has been amazing, and what mitigates my fears of people minimizing the gravity of the situation is how Antoine himself has responded and taken charge of his own meme."
Kenyatta Cheese of Know Your Meme told NPR, "More and more we're seeing people be inspired by viral videos to respond by creating videos themselves. While there is a long history of ‘amateur’ (non-market) spoofing, it is no longer the domain of professionals at SNL, Mad Magazine and drive-time radio hosts. Spoofing is participatory and it's just as good as the commercial stuff."
On August 18, 2010 Billboard reported that "Bed Intruder Song" had entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 89 by selling 30,000 copies, up by 182%. The next day they also reported that the song entered the Hot Digital Songs at number 49. The Gregory Brothers have reported selling over 100,000 copies of "Bed Intruder Song" on iTunes.
Techdirt concluded in an article that "This song is not only musically interesting, but also calls attention to a horrible incident that happened as well. And, again, some will brush it off as being meaningless, but the power with which it has interested so many people is not something that should be ignored."
Notable live performances 
In September 2010, the Gregory Brothers performed a slower rendition of the song live at New York's Bowery Ballroom without Antoine Dodson. In October 2010, Dodson performed "Bed Intruder Song" for the first time with Michael Gregory on keyboards at the 2010 BET Hip Hop Awards. He was joined by the Gregory Brothers again and performed the song on BET's music video countdown show 106 & Park later that month. Dodson and the Gregory Brothers performed the song again for the 15th Annual Webby Awards.
The Gregory Brothers posted the chords to the song in the description bar of the YouTube video so people could do their own versions. According to The Observer, "More than 2,500 videos inspired by the meme had been uploaded by August 14, 2010". Internet trends website, Urlesque, listed the "11 Best Antoine Dodson 'Bed Intruder' Remix Covers". The Annoying Orange also spoofed the song and posted it on YouTube November 23, 2010. A full version was released December 3, 2010.
Other cover versions include styles of death metal, a cappella, power pop, and folk. On August 20, 2010, Dane Cook and musician J Chris Newberg incorporated sections of the "Bed Intruder Song" into a cover of "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League. On August 25, 2010, a punk version of the song was recorded by Hayley Williams (from Paramore), Jordan Pundik (from New Found Glory), and Ethan Luck (from Relient K) and posted to YouTube. LIGHTS has sung the song in several live performances. Ska group Suburban Legends regularly perform the song at their live shows, later releasing a studio version on 7" vinyl as part of Asbestos Records' Ska is Dead 7" Club. Los Angeles-based rock band Vayden released a rock remix, and Spanish language versions "Bed Intruder (Discoteca En Español)" and "Bed Intruder (Rock En Español) " under the alias Hide Your Kids in 2011.
In other media 
|UK Singles Chart||180|
|US Billboard Hot 100||89|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Auto-Tune the News Episode 12b, "BED INTRUDER SONG!!!"
- "Top 100 Music Singles". Billboard. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Lipshutz, Jason. "YouTube Remix Auteurs Turn Ordinary Videos Into Pop Music Hits". Billboard. Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Caulfield, Keith. "Chart Moves: Eminem, Jackie Evancho, Taylor Swift, 'Bed Intruder Song'". Billboard.biz. Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Shannon Miller, Liz. "Auto-Tune the News Hits the Billboard Top 100". GigaOM. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- "YouTube turns Dodson outburst into Auto-Tune hit". Channel 4 News. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- Dodson, Antoine; The Gregory Brothers and Kelly Dodson (July 31, 2010). "BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes)". YouTube. Archived from the original on 19 October 2010. Retrieved October 24, 2010.
- Pepper, Daile. "He's snatching YouTube hits up". WAtoday. Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Mackey, Robert (August 19, 2010). "‘Bed Intruder’ Rant Earns Family a New Home". NY Times. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "YouTube rewind 2010: the year in review" (channel). YouTube. Archived from the original on 15 December 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "YouTube rewind 2010: the year in review" (compilation video). YouTube. December 12, 2010. Archived from the original on 15 December 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- Gentle, Elizabeth. "Woman wakes up to find intruder in her bed". WAFF-48. Archived from the original on 16 August 2010. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "Woman wakes up to find intruder in her bed [Video]". WAFF-48. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- "Official Google Blog: Double rainbows, annoying oranges and bed intruders: the year on YouTube". The Official Google Blog. Blogger. 12 December 2010. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- Chace, Zoe. "'Bed Intruder Song' Climbs The Charts". NPR. Archived from the original on 15 August 2010. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- Peters, Mitchell. "Gregory Brothers Take Antoine Dodson To Hot 100". Billboard. Archived from the original on 22 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "Bed Intruder" Singer Moves Family Into New Home Accessed September 17, 2010.
- "'Bed Intruder' Meme: A Perfect Storm of Race, Music, Comedy And Celebrity". NPR. Archived from the original on 14 August 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- McNulty, Charles (August 15, 2010). "Music review: Harry Connick Jr. and his Big Band at the Hollywood Bowl". LA Times. Archived from the original on 19 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Trust, Gary. "Eminem, Rihanna Top Hot 100 For Fifth Week". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "Meet The Team Behind The Meme". Barry.com. September 17, 2010. Archived from the original on 21 September 2010. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Autotune The News Becomes A Billboard Hit". Techdirt. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- at 5:07 PM (2010-09-03). "the Gregory Brothers played 'Bed Intruder' @ Bowery (video)". Brooklynvegan.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Hip-Hop Awards 2010 Official Site: Hip Hop Awards '10 Performances!". Black Entertainment Television. BET.com. October 13, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2010.
- "106 & Park: Antoine Dodson | 106 & Park | Videos". BET. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Fortune, Matt (August 17, 2010). "Brother of sex assault victim launches bizarre rant at attacker – and becomes huge YouTube hit". London: Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- Gallagher, Paul (August 15, 2010). "Antoine Dodson: from local news item to internet sensation". The Guardian (London). Archived from the original on 17 August 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- Stryker, Cole. "11 Best Antoine Dodson 'Bed Intruder' Remix Covers". Urlesque. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- Jones Jr., Thomas L. ""The Original" NC A&T – Bed Intruder Song 8.11.2010". YouTube. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- "Bed Intruder Song – Hank Green and Andrew Rose Gregory Cover – iTunes Version!". YouTube. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- "BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes) [Evan's Cover]". YouTube. Archived from the original on 16 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- Stever, Shane. "Bed Intruder Song – A Cappella Cover". YouTube. Archived from the original on 19 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- Carr, Jordan. "'Bed Intruder' Song Cracks the Billboard Charts". Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- Berghult, Joel. "Roomie – Bed Intruder FULL Song". YouTube. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- Vektormusic. "Bed Intruder Song (Cover)". YouTube. Archived from the original on 29 August 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- "DC & JCN – Bed Intruder / Human League". YouTube. Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "@DaneCook & @thechrisarmy mashup @AutoTuneTheNews w/ Human League "Don't You Want Me" support @NOH8Campaign". Twitter. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Montgomery, James. "Paramore singer collaborates with New Found Glory and Relient K members for 'punk rock cover' of the YouTube hit.". MTV. Archived from the original on 28 August 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- Herrera, Monica. "Paramore's Hayley Williams Puts Rock Twist on 'Bed Intruder Song'". Billboard. Archived from the original on 29 August 2010. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Bed Intruder Ft. Hayley Williams, Jordan Pundik & Ethan Luck". YouTube. Archived from the original on 28 August 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- "LIGHTS - The Bed Intruder Song LIVE HIGH QUALITY". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
YouTube(see the help page).
Cite error: Invalid
- "Rock Remix "Bed Intruder Song"".
- "Official Singles Chart for the week ending 22 January 2011". ChartsPlus (Liverpool: UKChartsPlus) (491): 1–4.
- "American single certifications – THE GREGORY BROTHERS & ANTOINE DODSON – BED INTRUDER SONG". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH