This page contains a list of user images about Canon EOS 30D which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Canon EOS 30D news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Canon EOS 30D Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
|Type||Digital Single-lens reflex|
|Sensor||22.5 mm x 15.0 mm CMOS|
|Maximum resolution||3,504 × 2,336 (8.2 megapixels)|
|Lens||Interchangeable (EF, EF-S)|
|Flash||pop-up, sync at 1/250 second|
|Shutter speed range||30 s to 1/8000 s|
|Exposure metering||TTL, full aperture, zones|
|Exposure modes||Full auto, programmed, shutter-priority, aperture priority, manual|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, C/Wgt Average|
|Focus areas||9 user points|
|Focus modes||One-shot, AI Servo, AI-Focus, Manual|
|Continuous shooting||up to 5.0 frames/s|
|ASA/ISO range||100-3200 in 1/3 EV steps|
|Custom WB||6 presets, Auto, custom, and WB by colour temperature 2800–10000 kelvins, 100 K steps|
|WB bracketing||3 images, +/-3 levels|
|Rear LCD monitor||2.5 in (63 mm), 230,000 pixels|
|Storage||CompactFlash (CF) (Type I or Type II) and Microdrive / max 8GB|
|Battery||Li-Ion BP-511A rechargeable|
|Dimensions||144 x 105.5 x 73.5 mm|
|Weight||700 g (body only)|
|Optional battery packs||BP-511A, BP-514, BP-511, BP-512.
BG-E2 grip allows use of AA batteries.
The Canon EOS 30D is an 8.2-megapixel semi-professional digital single-lens reflex camera, initially announced on February 21, 2006. It is the successor of the Canon EOS 20D, and is succeeded by the EOS 40D. It can accept EF and EF-S lenses, and like its predecessor, it uses an APS-C sized image sensor, so it does not require the larger imaging circle necessary for 35 mm film and 'full-frame' digital cameras.
Changes over the 20D include a bigger 2.5-inch (64 mm) LCD rear screen, improved shutter mechanism rated for 100,000 actuations, improved frame capacity, 1/3 stop increments for sensor speed and an added spot meter. This unit retains the same sensor as its predecessor; all lenses still have an angle of view crop of 1.6. Other changes include a larger 11 frame RAW / 30 frame JPEG buffer, and slightly faster 0.15 second startup. The maximum frame rate is the same (5 frame/s), but a lower-speed 3 frame/s option has been added. The 30D uses the same number of autofocus points as the 20D (nine), but has improved algorithms. The 30D can record in both JPEG and RAW .CR2 files. The 30D's file numbering system holds 9,999 images to one folder, which was introduced with the 5D.
The EOS 30D can also accept the Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1/E1A for fast file transfer to a remote file server, either through an ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi network. This capability expands the EOS 30D's range of applications to sports and studio set ups where real-time transfer of the images is crucial.
The Canon EOS 30D has several resolution settings:
- Raw CR2 format (3504 x 2336)
- Large/Fine (3504 x 2336)
- Large/Normal (3504 x 2336)
- Middle/Fine (2544 x 1696)
- Middle/Normal (2544 x 1696)
- Small/Fine (1728 x 1152)
- Small/Normal (1728 x 1152)
- (There are also six resolution settings for JPEG+Raw which are the same as the first six but which also attach a Raw file in a separate .cr2 file).
The Canon EOS 30D features a Mode Dial on the top which selects the shooting mode. It is divided into two sections: Creative Zone and Basic Zone. The Creative zone provides manual and semi-manual modes; it gives access to RAW format, manual exposure, aperture and ISO sensitivity.
Creative Zone 
- A-DEP: The camera automatically selects the aperture and shutter speed to keep most of the image in focus. (Only recommended in high light conditions as the camera tends to choose smaller f/stops)
- M (Manual): The camera lets you choose manually the aperture and shutter speed.
- Av (Aperture priority): The camera lets the user choose the aperture (f/) value and then automatically adjusts the shutter speed for correct exposure.
- Tv (Shutter speed priority): The camera lets the user set the shutter speed and automatically sets the aperture for correct exposure.
- P (Program AE): The camera automatically chooses an aperture and shutter combination for correct exposure and the user can change between one of these combinations.
Basic Zone 
- Auto (represented with a green rectangle): Completely automatic shooting.
- Portrait: The camera attempts to create a more shallow depth of field to create more striking portraits.
- Landscape: For shooting landscapes and sunsets.
- Close-Up: For shooting small objects near to the camera.
- Sports: For capturing fast moving objects.
- Night Scene: Shoots with flash and with slow shutter so that the subject is illuminated by the flash and the background (e.g. a city) is also captured naturally in the night.
- No Flash: All automatic with no flash.
The camera features (like many others) two LCDs, one monochrome at the top, which contains all information pertinent to shooting, and a full-color one at the back, which is used for picture reviewing and menu navigation.
The Canon EOS 30D also features a large dial on its back which is used for fast scrolling over the stored pictures or over the settings in the menu. The JUMP button can also be used to reach sections of the menu easily, as well as scroll through either 10 or 100 image in playback mode. The 8 way controller above the dial is used to select one of the 9 AF points, to move around a zoomed image in playback mode, and to set custom white balance.
Its internal flash can be set to release several consecutive strobe bursts to aid focusing in dim situations, but there is no dedicated AF assist lamp. Photographers can attach an external flash with AF assist lamp like many of Canon Speedlites.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Canon EOS 30D|
- "CANON'S NEW EOS 30D DIGITAL SLR AND TWO NEW LENSES..." (Press release). Canon. February 21, 2006. Archived from the original on February 21, 2006. Retrieved December 2, 2009.
|Canon EOS Digital SLR timeline (comparison)|
Specialty models: C - Cinema EOS | a - Astrophotography
Naming of Entry Level models: Rebel - Americas | Kiss - Japan