This page contains a list of user images about Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Its a simple math equation really... Click to see Bloopers and The making of this video here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccOGxj27J8 Follow me on TWITTE...
Please take a second and LIKE+FAV this video! :D I worked really hard on it. Also : SHARE THIS VIDEO with friends:) Twitter/Facebook/Websites *brofist* More ...
An attempt to make other people's day just a little bit better. Hope you all have a happy and safe holidays.. and remember why babies have nostrils. 2nd Chan...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
|Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District|
An Innovative Leader in Learning
|Type and location|
|Type||Public School District|
|Region||ESC Region 10|
|Superintendent||Dr. Bobby Burns|
|Students and staff|
|Colors||red and black|
Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District (C-FB ISD) is a school district based in Carrollton, Texas (USA).
The district covers most of the cities of Carrollton and Farmers Branch and parts of Addison, Coppell, Dallas, and Irving (including Valley Ranch and the Northern part of Las Colinas). C-FB ISD has twenty-five elementary schools, six middle schools, four high schools, and four education centers.
On April 16, 2012, the school district began the process of Limited Open Enrollment, allowing students living outside the boundaries of the school district to apply to attend the district.
About Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District 
The district encompasses 53.42 square miles (138.4 km2) and is located primarily in northwest Dallas County with a smaller portion in southeast Denton County. The school district's boundaries are not the same as municipal boundaries; therefore, Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District provides instructional services to children who live in portions of Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Coppell, Dallas, and Irving.
Dr. Bobby Burns has served as the Superintendent since July 1, 2009. He was previously named acting Superintendent in October 2008 after the resignation of his predecessor, Dr. Annette T. Griffin.
City of Farmers Branch attempt to Separate from C-FB ISD 
Under the leadership of Mayor Tim O'Hare, the city of Farmers Branch initiated a process to separate the portions of the C-FB ISD and Dallas ISD within Farmers Branch city limits to form a new Farmers Branch city-run Municipal School District in 2009. In May 2011, voters rejected the notion, with two thirds of voters voting against the referendum.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
The Carrollton and Farmers Branch school districts voted to merge in 1955. Prior to that, the two cities operated separate school systems, although only Carrollton's went through the twelfth grade (Farmers Branch students had to decide in eighth grade if they wanted to attend high school in Carrollton or at Hillcrest High School in Dallas.)
The merger coincided with the beginning of 30 years of rapid growth for the two cities. At the time of the merger there were three schools operating: Carrollton Elementary (opened in 1951), Carrollton High School (opened in 1936 and now DeWitt Perry Middle School) and the original Farmers Branch Elementary School on Valley View Road. In the next decade the district built four new elementary schools – Valwood (now Montgomery) in 1955, R.E. Good in 1957, McLaughlin in 1959 and Stark in 1963. The first dedicated junior high school, Vivian Field, opened in Farmers Branch in 1959.
In 1960 the R. L. Turner High School campus was opened on Josey Lane, on the border between Carrollton and Farmers Branch. The building served as a junior high school for Carrollton students for two years and became a high school in 1962. At that point Carrollton High School was renamed for DeWitt Perry and became the district's second junior high campus.
School construction continued apace for another ten years – Central Elementary in 1965, a replacement Farmers Branch Elementary campus in 1968, Blanton Elementary in 1971, and Woodlake (now June R. Thompson) Elementary in 1973. In 1975 two more elementary schools – Country Place and Dale B. Davis – were opened. The first phase of Newman Smith High School – the district's second high school campus – was finished in 1975 as well. The campus served grades 8–12 until North Carrollton Junior High School (now Dan F. Long Middle School) opened in 1981.
With the southern half of the district now built out, growth shifted northward in the late 1970s and 1980s, with McCoy Elementary (1978), Furneaux Elementary (1981), Rosemeade Elementary (1984) and Sheffield Elementary (1985) opening to handle increased enrollment. In 1986 the first school west of Interstate 35E, Las Colinas Elementary, was opened, along with Blalack Junior High School. Kent Elementary (1989), McKamy Elementary (1992) and Rainwater Elementary (1994) were also opened. After years of searching for a suitable site, the third high school – Creekview – was opened in 1998.
In the 1990s the district decided to switch to a "middle school" concept, moving sixth graders from elementary schools to the former junior high campuses. All four existing middle schools were expanded and Ted Polk (1997) and Barbara Bush (1998) middle schools were added. Much of the latest growth has occurred on the district's west side, with Tom Landry Elementary (1996), Riverchase Elementary (1999), Ranchview High School (2002), Freeman Elementary (2003), Kelly Pre-K Center (2007) and La Villita Elementary (2008) being constructed. Rapid growth in older areas necessitated the addition of McWhorter Elementary (2000), Dave Blair Intermediate (2001) and Nancy Strickland Intermediate (2008).
Number of campuses:
- Elementary Schools (Pre-K to 5): 25
- Middle Schools (6–8): 6
- High Schools (9–12): 5
- Special Programs Centers (K-8/9-12): 3
- Total Campuses: 39
Student body 
Enrollment: (as of September 2011)
- Elementary School (pre-kindergarten to 5): 13,282
- Middle School (6–8): 5,454
- High School (9–12): 7,634
- Total Enrollment: 26,370
Secondary schools 
High schools 
- Creekview High School (Carrollton)
- Newman Smith High School (Carrollton)
- R. L. Turner High School (Carrollton)
- Ranchview High School (Irving)
Middle schools 
- Charles M. Blalack Middle School (Carrollton)
- Barbara Bush Middle School (Irving)
- Vivian Field Middle School (Farmers Branch)
- The principal in the 2011-2012 school year was Dan Ford. The school colors are blue and grey, and the mascot is a Viking. The school opened as a junior high school in 1959. In the early 1990s the school was expanded and the sixth grade was added. Another expansion and modernization in 2001-2002 added a new classroom wing and main entrance, and substantially modernized the existing building. Field serves portions of Farmers Branch and the CFBISD portion of Addison. Field was named a 1992-93 National Blue Ribbon School.
- Dan F. Long Middle School (Dallas)
- The mascot is a falcon, for its fierce attitude. The principle for the 2012-2013 school year is Joseph Copeland. The school colors are a dark navy blue and gold. The school's karate demonstration team (Demo Team) won the Martial Arts Extravaganza for the second time in 4 years (2009, 2012). The school is apart of KICKSTART Kids, a karate organization founded by Grandmaster Chuck Norris, as a way to keep kids away from drugs and from being associated with gangs.
- DeWitt Perry Middle School (Carrollton)
- The principal in the 2011-2012 school year was Brooke Purcelli. The school colors are red and white and the mascot is an eagle. It is home to the secondary portion of CFBISD's LEAP program (Leading Exceptional Academic Producers).
- The school was originally known as Carrollton High School, opening in September 1936 on land donated by DeWitt Clinton Perry and his sister Harriet Perry Warner. The DeWitt Perry name became officially recognized in 1962 when the school became a junior high school after R.L. Turner High School opened. The school was substantially expanded and modernized in 1995-1996.
- DeWitt Perry offers clubs and organizations for students to join and participate as well as athletics, robotics, band, orchestra, choir and theatre (only school in the elementary and middle school group to still have a separate cafeteria and auditorium).The DeWitt Perry band has gone all the way to State level two years in a row, becoming the first out of its district to even reach State level.http://cfbstaff.cfbisd.edu/schmidtp/state%20honor%20band.htm DeWitt Perry Band
- Ted Polk Middle School (Carrollton)
- The principal in the 2011-2012 school year was Michelle Bailey. The school colors are blue and green and the mascot is a panther. Opening in 1997, Ted Polk Middle School is named after former CFBISD employee Ted Polk. Before he died, he was the director of Fine Arts in CFBISD for many years, and was also a choir director at R.L. Turner. During the year of 2007, the Wind Symphony band was invited to Austin to play for Governor Rick Perry.
Elementary schools 
- L.F. Blanton Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Carrollton Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Central Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Country Place Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Dale B. Davis Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Farmers Branch Elementary School  (Farmers Branch)
- Bernice Chatman Freeman Elementary School  (Irving)
- Furneaux Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- R.E. Good Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- E.L. Kent Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Tom Landry Elementary School  (Irving)
- Las Colinas Elementary School  (Irving)
- La Villita Elementary School  (Irving)
- McCoy Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Charlie C. McKamy Elementary School  (Dallas)
- Neil Ray McLaughlin Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Kathryn S. McWhorter Elementary School  (Dallas)
- Annie Heads Rainwater Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Riverchase Elementary School  (Coppell)
- Rosemeade Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Janie Stark Elementary School  (Farmers Branch)
- June Rhoton Thompson Elementary School  (Carrollton)
- Donald H. Sheffield Elementary  (Dallas)
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD opens doors to out-of-district students". Pegasus News.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- "Top 10 – 3. Bobby Burns named superintendent". Carrollton Leader.
- "Farmers Branch Voters Say No To Separate ISD". CBS DFW.
- "Carrollton-Farmers Branch independent School District - District Facts & Figures". C-FB ISD.
- "Untitled=Texas Education Agency".
- Morales, Katherine. "Residents working to retain superintendent of C-FB ISD Parents want board to counter Houston district's offer." The Dallas Morning News. Sunday December 30, 2001. Second Irving 3V. Retrieved on November 28, 2011.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982–1983 Through 1999–2002 (PDF)
- Barry, Bridget (2006-09-23). "District shares gifted lessons". Neighbors. Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2007-03-06.
- City of Carrollton History.
- Shelley, Angela (2006-07-29). "Botball team is ranked highest in world". Neighbors. Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2007-03-06.