This page contains a list of user images about Conservatism In Belgium which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Conservatism In Belgium news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Conservatism In Belgium Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
|Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|President||Jan Zahradil (CZ)|
|Secretary-General||Daniel Hannan (UK)|
|Founded||1 October 2009|
|Preceded by||Movement for European Reform|
|Headquarters||Rue d'Arlon 40, 1000 Brussels, Belgium|
|International affiliation||International Democrat Union|
|European Parliament group||European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Colours||Blue and white|
(Heads of Government)
|Council of the European Union
(Participation in Government)
|National Upper House Seats|
|National Lower House Seats|
The Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists, abbreviated to AECR, is a centre-right soft eurosceptic European political party, defending broader conservative and economically liberal principles. It has thirteen member parties in ten countries, as well as two independents MEPs. Its member parties have heads of government in two countries – the joint-third most of any Europarty – and fifty-two MEPs — the fourth-most.
The party was founded on 1 October 2009, after the creation of the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) political group in the European Parliament. It was officially recognised by the European Parliament in January 2010. The AECR had eight members at its formation – predominantly in central and eastern Europe. It has accepted five more parties since then, representing the eurosceptic centre-right.
The AECR is led by a board of directors from the British Conservative Party, Polish Law and Justice, and Czech Civic Democratic Party, who are elected by the Council, which represents all parties. The AECR's president is Jan Zahradil MEP, and its secretary-general is Daniel Hannan MEP. The party is affiliated with the European Conservatives and Reformists and the pan-European think tank New Direction, and maintains a preferred relationship with the European Young Conservatives.
The Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists was founded on 1 October 2009, after the ECR political group was founded in the wake of the 2009 European Parliament election, and was officially recognised by the European Parliament in January 2010.
The AECR was formally constituted under the chairmanship of Belgian MEP Derk Jan Eppink, but this position was later on transferred to Czech MEP Jan Zahradil. The AECR's president is MEP, Jan Zahradil and its Secretary-General is MEP Daniel Hannan. The Vice-Presidents are MEP Adam Bielan and MP Anna Fotyga from Poland, and MP Geoffrey Clifton-Brown from the United Kingdom. Daniel Hannan, MEP from the United Kingdom, acts as Secretary-General. The AECR has two Prime Ministers, Petr Necas from the Czech Republic and David Cameron from the United Kingdom. An Executive Team is in charge of general management and day-to-day operations.
At the AECR's first congress in Warsaw on 8 June 2010, it was joined by Luxembourg's Alternative Democratic Reform Party. The congress was attended by UK Conservative Party Chairman Sayeeda Warsi and former Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek. In the autumn of 2010, four Polish MEPs left Law and Justice while establishing their own party (Poland Comes First), and remained members of the AECR. One of the four members currently sits as an independent MEP within the AECR. On 25 March 2011, the Civic Conservative Party from Slovak Republic joined the AECR. The Icelandic Independence Party joined the AECR in November 2011, the party's first member from outside the European Union. They were followed by Georgia's Christian-Democratic Movement in August 2012. Italy's Conservatives and Social Reformers joined the AECR in October 2012: giving the AECR its first representation in one of the four largest continental European countries. The Conservative Party of Canada became the AECR's first associate member in November 2012.
- Free enterprise, free and fair trade and competition, minimal regulation, lower taxation, and small government as the ultimate catalysts for individual freedom and personal and national prosperity.
- Freedom of the individual, more personal responsibility and greater democratic accountability.
- Sustainable, clean energy supply with an emphasis on energy security.
- The importance of the family as the bedrock of society.
- The sovereign integrity of the nation state, opposition to EU federalism and a renewed respect for true subsidiarity.
- The overriding value of the transatlantic security relationship in a revitalised NATO, and support for young democracies across Europe.
- Effectively controlled immigration and an end to abuse of asylum procedures.
- Efficient and modern public services and sensitivity to the needs of both rural and urban communities.
- An end to waste and excessive bureaucracy and a commitment to greater transparency and probity in the EU institutions and use of EU funds.
- Respect and equitable treatment for all EU countries, new and old, large and small.
Member parties 
|Country||Political party||MEPs||National MPs||Joined|
|Libertarian, Direct, Democratic||1 October 2009|
|Canada||Conservative Party||Not in the EU||1 November 2012|
|Czech Republic||Civic Democratic Party||1 October 2009|
|Denmark||Anna Rosbach (Independent MEP)||N/A|
|Georgia||Christian-Democratic Movement||Not in the EU||16 August 2012|
|Hungary||Lajos Bokros (Independent MEP)||N/A|
|Iceland||Independence Party||Not in the EU||12 November 2011|
|Italy||Conservatives and Social Reformers|
|Latvia||Roberts Zīle (formerly TB/LNNK)||N/A|
|Lithuania||Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania||1 October 2009|
|Luxembourg||Alternative Democratic Reform Party||8 June 2010|
|Poland||Law and Justice||1 October 2009|
|Poland||Poland Comes First||16 November 2010|
|Poland||Adam Bielan (Independent MEP)||N/A|
|Poland||Michał Kamiński (Independent MEP)||N/A|
|Slovak Republic||Civic Conservative Party||25 March 2011|
|United Kingdom||Conservative Party||1 October 2009|
| United Kingdom
|Ulster Unionist Party||1 October 2009|
Elected representatives of member parties 
European institutions 
|Organisation||Institution||Number of seats|
|European Union||European Commission|
|European Union||European Council
(Heads of Government)
|European Union||Council of the EU
(Participation in Government)
|European Union||European Parliament|
|Council of Europe||Parliamentary Assembly|
- "William Hague gives a reply (if not an answer) to the question: "What does 'We will not let matters rest there' actually mean in practice?"". ConservativeHome. 2 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Contacts". Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists. 2011. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "ECR Trans-National Party Set for EU Funding – But is it legal?". New Europe. 18 January 2010. Archived from the original on 7 May 2010. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Organisation". Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists. 2011. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Nordsieck, Wolfram. "News 2009". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- AECR Principles
See also 
- Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists Official website