This page contains a list of user images about Cupriavidus Metallidurans which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Cupriavidus Metallidurans news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Cupriavidus Metallidurans Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
Due to so many request I decided to upload this epic track as well. Enjoy it bros!
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Buy the track here: http://atlr.ec/TZ8yBf Directed by Tony T. Datis.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Goris et al. 2001; Van Damme and Coenye 2004
Cupriavidus metallidurans strain CH34, (renamed from Ralstonia metallidurans and previously known as Ralstonia eutropha and Alcaligenes eutrophus) is a non-spore-forming Gram-negative bacterium which is adapted to survive several forms of heavy metal stress. Therefore, it is an ideal subject to study heavy metal disturbance of cellular processes. This bacterium shows a unique combination of advantages not present in this form in other bacteria.
- Its genome has been fully sequenced (Preliminary, unnotated sequence data were obtained from the DOE Joint Genome Institute (JGI)).
- It is non-pathogenic, therefore, models of the cell can also be tested in artificial environments similar to the natural habitats of this bacterium.
- It is related to the plant pathogen Ralstonia solanacearum.
- It is of ecological importance since related bacteria are predominant in mesophilic heavy metal-contaminated environments.
- It is of industrial importance and used for heavy metal remediation and sensing.
- It is an aerobic chemolithoautotroph, facultatively able to grow in a mineral salts medium in the presence of H2, O2 and CO2 without an organic carbon source. The energy providing subsystem of the cell under these conditions is composed only of the hydrogenase, the respiratory chain and the F1F0-ATPase. This keeps this subsystem simple and clearly separated from the anabolic subsystems that starts with the Calvin cycle for CO2-fixation.
- It is able to degrade xenobiotics even in the presence of high heavy metal concentrations.
- Finally, strain CH34 is adapted to the outlined harsh conditions by a multitude of heavy metal resistance systems that are encoded by the two indigenous megaplasmids pMOL28 and pMOL30 on the bacterial chromosome(s).
Also it plays a vital role, together with the species Delftia acidovorans, in the formation of gold nuggets, by precipitating metallic gold from a solution of gold (III) tetrachloride, a compound highly toxic to most other microorganisms.  
- Vandamme, P.; T. Coeyne (June 18, 2004). "Taxonomy of the genus Cupriavidus: a tale of lost and found". International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 54 (Pt 6): 2285–2289. doi:10.1099/ijs.0.63247-0. PMID 15545472.
- Goris, J., et al. (2001). "Classification of metal-resistant bacteria from industrial biotopes as Ralstonia campinensis sp. nov., Ralstonia metallidurans sp. nov. and Ralstonia basilensis Steinle et al. 1998 emend.". Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51 (Pt 5): 1773–1782. doi:10.1099/00207713-51-5-1773. PMID 11594608.
- Nies, DH (1999). "Microbial heavy metal resistance.". Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 51 (6): 730–750. doi:10.1007/s002530051457. PMID 10422221.
- Nies, DH (2000). "Heavy metal resistant bacteria as extremophiles: molecular physiology and biotechnological use of Ralstonia spec. CH34". Extremophiles 4 (2): 77–82. doi:10.1007/s007920050140. PMID 10805561.
- Salanoubat M. et al. (2002). "Genome sequence of the plant pathogen Ralstonia solanacearum". Nature 415 (6871): 497–502. doi:10.1038/415497a. PMID 11823852.
- Diels, L.; Q. Dong, D. van der Lelie, W. Baeyens, and M. Mergeay (1995). "The czc operon of Alcaligenes eutrophus CH34: from resistance mechanism to the removal of heavy metals". Journal of Industrial Microbiology 14 (2): 142–153. doi:10.1007/BF01569896. PMID 7766206.
- Mergeay, M.; D. Nies, H.G. Schlegel, J. Gerits, P. Charles, and F. van Gijsegem (1985). "Alcaligenes eutrophus CH34 is a facultative chemolithotroph with plasmid-bound resistance to heavy metals". Journal of Bacteriology 162 (1): 328–334. PMC 218993. PMID 3884593.
- Springael, D.; L. Diels, L. Hooyberghs, S. Kreps and M. Mergeay (1993). "Construction and characterization of heavy metal resistant haloaromatic-degrading Alcaligenes eutrophus strains". Appl Environ Microbiol 59 (1): 334–339. PMC 202101. PMID 8439161.
- Monchy, S.; M.A. Benotmane, P. Janssen, T. Vallaeys, S. Taghavi, D. van der Lelie, and M. Mergeay (October 2007). "Plasmids pMOL28 and pMOL30 of Cupriavidus metallidurans are specialized in the maximal viable response to heavy metals". Journal of Bacteriology 189 (20): 7417–7425. doi:10.1128/JB.00375-07. PMC 2168447. PMID 17675385.
- Reith, Frank; Stephen L. Rogers, D. C. McPhail, and Daryl Webb (July 14, 2006). "Biomineralization of Gold: Biofilms on Bacterioform Gold". Science 313 (5784): 233–236. doi:10.1126/science.1125878. PMID 16840703.
- Superman-Strength Bacteria Produce 24-Karat Gold
- The bacteria that turns toxic chemicals into pure gold