This page contains a list of user images about David Zinman which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse David Zinman news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Please subscribe to my channel and my vlog channel! I make new videos here every Wednesday and make vlogs during my majestical daily life. JennaMarbles Jenna...
The father and son movie star duo told Ellen about their relationship, and the things Will does to embarrass his son.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
After early violin studies at the Oberlin Conservatory, Zinman studied theory and composition at the University of Minnesota, earning his M.A. in 1963, and took up conducting at Tanglewood. He then worked in Maine with Pierre Monteux from 1958 to 1962, serving as his assistant from 1961 to 1964.
Zinman held the post of tweede dirigent (second conductor) of the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra from 1965 to 1977. He was the principal conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra from 1979 to 1982.
In the USA, Zinman was music director of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra from 1974 to 1985. With the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, he was principal guest conductor for two years before becoming the orchestra's music director in 1985. During his Baltimore tenure, he began to implement ideas from the historically informed performance movement in his interpretations of the Beethoven symphonies. At the end of his tenure as music director in 1998 he was named the orchestra's conductor laureate, but in protest at what he saw as the Baltimore orchestra's overly conservative programming in the years since his departure he gave up that title in 2001. In 1998, he was appointed music director of the Aspen Music Festival and School, where he founded and directed its American Academy of Conducting until suddenly resigning in April 2010.
Zinman became music director of the Tonhalle Orchester Zürich in 1995. His innovative programming with that orchestra includes a series of late-night concerts, "Tonhalle Late", which combine classical music and a nightclub setting. His recordings for Arte Nova of the complete Beethoven symphonies were based on the new Jonathan Del Mar critical edition and was acclaimed by critics. He has subsequently recorded Beethoven overtures and concertos with the Tonhalle. He conducted the Tonhalle Orchestra in its first-ever appearance at The Proms in 2003. His current contract with the Tonhalle Orchestra is through 2015.
Zinman also conducted for the soundtrack of the 1993 film version of the New York City Ballet production of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. His 1992 recording of Henryk Górecki’s Symphony no.3 with the London Sinfonietta was an international bestseller. In January 2006, he received the Theodore Thomas Award presented by the Conductors' Guild.
In fall 2009, he conducted the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich for an elaborate soundtrack, together with composer Diego Baldenweg and music producer Lionel Vincent Baldenweg, for the feature film 180° - AMOK (Source: Werbewoche), which was awarded "best film music 2010" at the Locarno International Film Festival.
- Slonimsky, Nicolas (1978). "Zinman, David". Baker's Biographical dictionary of musicians. (6th ed.). New York: Schirmer Books. p. 1949. ISBN 0-02-870240-9.
- Scott Cantrell (2004-05-07). "Preaching to the Unconverted". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Anthony Tommasini (2003-05-07). "Setting Out With Energy Along the Road Most Taken". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Kyle MacMillan (2007-07-25). "Learning to wield a mean baton". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- Susan Elliott (2010-04-11). "David Zinman quits Aspen Music Festival". Musical America. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Anne Midgette (2004-05-07). "Carnegie Program Shows The Conservative Side Of a New-Music Man". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Edward Greenfield (2005-01-14). "Beethoven: Complete Overtures, Zurich Tonhalle Orch/ Zinman". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Andrew Clements (2006-04-28). "Beethoven: Violin Concerto; Two Romances, Tetzlaff/ZTO/Zinman". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Andrew Clements (2006-09-22). "Beethoven: Piano Concerto No 5; Choral Fantasy (Meeresstille und glückliche Fahrt), Bronfman/ Swiss Chamber Choir/ Zurich Tonhalle Orchestra/ Zinman". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Erica Jeal (2003-09-13). "Proms 70 and 71: Musiciens du Louvre; Tonhalle Orchestra (Royal Albert Hall, London)". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- David Zinman official website
- David Zinman official Blog
- Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich official website
- David Zinman at Art of the States
- David Zinman at Allmusic
- David Zinman at Sony Classical
- Works by or about David Zinman in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- David Zinman collected news and commentary at The New York Times
Edo de Waart
|Music Director, Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra