This page contains a list of user images about EIF1 which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse EIF1 news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
|Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 1|
PDB rendering based on 2if1.
Mammalian 17-kDa eukaryotic initiation factor, eIF1A (formerly designated eIF-4C), is essential for transfer of the initiator Met-tRNAf (as Met-tRNAf·eIF2·GTP ternary complex) to 40 S ribosomal subunits in the absence of mRNA to form the 40 S preinitiation complex (40 S·Met-tRNAf·eIF2·GTP). Furthermore, eIF1A acts catalytically in this reaction to mediate highly efficient transfer of the Met-tRNAf·eIF2·GTP ternary complex to 40 S ribosomal subunits. The 40 S complex formed is free of eIF1A which indicates that its role in 40 S preinitiation complex formation is not to stabilize the binding of Met-tRNAf to 40 S ribosomes. Additionally, the eIF1A-mediated 40 S initiation complex formed in the presence of AUG codon efficiently joins 60 S ribosomal subunits in an eIF5-dependent reaction to form a functional 80 S initiation complex. Though found in some reports, eIF1A probably plays no role either in the subunit joining reaction or in the generation of ribosomal subunits from 80 S ribosomes. The major function of eIF1A is to mediate the transfer of Met-tRNAf to 40 S ribosomal subunits to form the 40 S preinitiation complex. 
- Fields C, Adams MD (Feb 1994). "Expressed sequence tags identify a human isolog of the suil translation initiation factor". Biochem Biophys Res Commun 198 (1): 288–91. doi:10.1006/bbrc.1994.1040. PMID 7904817.
- Sheikh MS, Fernandez-Salas E, Yu M, Hussain A, Dinman JD, Peltz SW, Huang Y, Fornace AJ Jr (Jul 1999). "Cloning and characterization of a human genotoxic and endoplasmic reticulum stress-inducible cDNA that encodes translation initiation factor 1(eIF1(A121/SUI1))". J Biol Chem 274 (23): 16487–93. doi:10.1074/jbc.274.23.16487. PMID 10347211.
- "Entrez Gene: EIF1 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 1".
- Umadas Maitra, Jayanta Chaudhuri; Jayanta Chaudhuri, Kausik Si (21). "Function of Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 1A (eIF1A) (Formerly Called eIF-4C) in Initiation of Protein Synthesis". The Journal of BIological Chemistry 272 (12): 7883–7891. doi:10.1074/jbc.272.12.7883. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Cap-dependent translation initiation from Nature Reviews Microbiology. A good image and overview of the function of initiation factors
Further reading 
- Hillier LD, Lennon G, Becker M, et al. (1997). "Generation and analysis of 280,000 human expressed sequence tags.". Genome Res. 6 (9): 807–28. doi:10.1101/gr.6.9.807. PMID 8889549.
- Lian Z, Pan J, Liu J, et al. (1999). "The translation initiation factor, hu-Sui1 may be a target of hepatitis B X antigen in hepatocarcinogenesis.". Oncogene 18 (9): 1677–87. doi:10.1038/sj.onc.1202470. PMID 10208429.
- Fletcher CM, Pestova TV, Hellen CU, Wagner G (1999). "Structure and interactions of the translation initiation factor eIF1". EMBO J. 18 (9): 2631–7. doi:10.1093/emboj/18.9.2631. PMC 1171342. PMID 10228174.
- Chin LS, Singh SK, Wang Q, Murray SF (2000). "Identification of okadaic-acid-induced genes by mRNA differential display in glioma cells". J. Biomed. Sci. 7 (2): 152–9. doi:10.1007/BF02256622. PMID 10754390.
- Mendell JT, Medghalchi SM, Lake RG, et al. (2000). "Novel Upf2p Orthologues Suggest a Functional Link between Translation Initiation and Nonsense Surveillance Complexes". Mol. Cell. Biol. 20 (23): 8944–57. doi:10.1128/MCB.20.23.8944-8957.2000. PMC 86549. PMID 11073994.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903. doi:10.1073/pnas.242603899. PMC 139241. PMID 12477932.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). "The Status, Quality, and Expansion of the NIH Full-Length cDNA Project: The Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC)". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7. doi:10.1101/gr.2596504. PMC 528928. PMID 15489334.
- Rush J, Moritz A, Lee KA, et al. (2005). "Immunoaffinity profiling of tyrosine phosphorylation in cancer cells". Nat. Biotechnol. 23 (1): 94–101. doi:10.1038/nbt1046. PMID 15592455.
- EIF1 human gene location in the UCSC Genome Browser.
- EIF1 human gene details in the UCSC Genome Browser.
|This protein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|