This page contains a list of user images about Esher, Surrey which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Esher, Surrey news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Esher, Surrey Images
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
The Diamond Jubilee statue
Esher High Street
Apartments in Esher
Esher shown within Surrey
|OS grid reference|
|- London||14.1 miles (22.7 km)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|UK Parliament||Esher and Walton|
Esher i//[n 1] is a town in Surrey, England, to the east of the River Mole. Esher is a locality within the Greater London Urban Area, largely suburban in character, 14.1 miles (22.7 km) southwest of London.
Esher appears in Domesday Book of 1086 as Aissela and Aissele held partly by the Abbey of the Cross in Normandy; partly by William de Waterville; partly by Reginald; partly by Hugh do Port; and partly by Odard Balistarius (probably a crossbowman). Its domesday assets were: 14 hides, 6 ploughs and 2 acres (8,100 m2) of meadow. It rendered £6 2s 0d.
In the 16th century, King Henry VIII annexed several of the manors to the Honour of Hampton Court to form a royal hunting ground and new residences were permitted by a number of wealthy courtesans. Esher's town slowly grew as a stagecoach stop on the London–Portsmouth road that was later designated as the A3 road, although it was bypassed in the mid-1970s, when it became the A307. Clive of India built the Claremont mansion[n 2] and this later became a royal residence used by Queen Victoria. In 1841 Esher had 1261 inhabitants across 2,075 acres (840 ha). Queen Victoria lent Claremont to the exiled French King Louis-Philippe and his consort Queen Marie-Amelie after the revolution of 1848. Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg lived there until he became King of the Belgians.
By 1908, Esher contained the fashionable residences of several important figures including Lady Emma Talbot; Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins, the Duchess of Albany and Sir Edgar Vincent, K.C.M.G. who was later created 1st Viscount D'Abernon.
Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees also owned a house called The Firs in Esher, during 1970s-2004 and sold after his death. This is where the hit single "Juliet" was written and recorded by Maurice & Robin for brother Robin's solo album project in the 1980s.
Esher is within the Esher and Walton parliamentary constituency which has been represented by Dominic Raab, a member of the Conservative Party, since 2010. The predecessor Esher parliamentary constituency was replaced on boundary changes before the 1997 general election.
The town is covered by the Esher ward of Elmbridge borough council, which has elections in three years out of four (is elected in thirds) represented by:
|2011||David J. Archer||Esher|
|2010||Simon J. Waugh||Esher|
Esher has a mix of state and private schools. There are four state primary schools across the area of Esher, Hinchley Wood and Claygate. Esher Church of England High School is the state secondary school in the town of Esher. Hinchley Wood School in Hinchley Wood has been an Academy since February 2012. Hinchley Wood is also one of the Further education establishments in the area. Esher College is in nearby Thames Ditton.
Status in the media 
Esher has been presented in some parts of the media as a particularly middle class part of suburbia. Monty Python referred to Esher at least three times.
There are some office buildings located in the High Street and its continuation, Portsmouth Road. There is a local farmers market held on one Saturday every month, moving forward one week each month. Vendors from all over Surrey sell locally sourced produce and two nearby riverside farms, one with large shop and grow-your-own to the public.
Culture, Community and Sport 
The Cecil Hepworth Theatre and Riverhouse Barn are the closest theatres, both in Walton on Thames. Woking's Peacock Theatre and London's West End Theatres frequently have performances from national and international actors and actresses.
The Odeon cinema is a central feature of Esher's High Street with four screens whereas Walton on Thames's Everymans cinema has two screens and tends to show more children's films and niche productions.
- Esher Rugby Club play on the Hersham borders and have several training grounds there.
- Esher Cricket Club play 1st and 2nd team matches in the Esher Park private estate, in New Road, have a youth cricket training and playing squad and have seven corporate sponsors.
- AFC Westend Football Club
- West End (Esher) Cricket Club (Est. 1875)
King Georges Hall is multi-functional conferencing technology-equipped venue available for corporate or group hire, a non-for-profit community facility .
Esher West End hosts an annual flower show and the Hampton Court Flower Show is nearby. Similarly, Surrey Wildlife Trust manage Wisley and Ockham Commons, partly within the borough of Elmbridge and Esher is approximately mid-way between the two leading Surrey and International Gardens, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew and RHS Garden, Wisley.
A weekly newspaper, Esher News and Mail, closed down in 2009. Current newspapers include the Surrey Herald: Cobham, Esher and Claygate edition and Living Within magazine/newspaper.
See also 
- Esher Place
- St. George's Church, Esher
- Wayneflete Tower
- Esher Commons
- West End, Esher
- William Brett, 1st Viscount Esher
Notes and References 
- Not //
- Claremont was originally Esher Episcopi Manor, bought by Sir John Vanbrugh, who built a smaller house for himself, and began to ornament the grounds (Guest's poem 'Claremont' attributes the first improvements to Vanbrugh). The Earl of Clare (created Duke of Newcastle in 1715) bought the property in 1714 on coming of age and called the property after his own title 'Clare Mont.' On his death in 1768 the whole was bought by Lord Clive, who employed Capability Brown to build the present mansion (now Claremont School)
- Population figures (PDF)
- Samuel Lewis (editor) (1848). "Erith - Essex". A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- H.E. Malden (editor) (1911). "Parishes: Esher". A History of the County of Surrey: Volume 3. Institute of Historical Research. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Surrey Domesday Book
- The Annual Register for the Year 1908, p. 146, reads: November. ... On the 2nd, aged 67, Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins, K.C.B., K.C.V.O., tutor of the Duke of Albany (H.R.H. Prince Leopold) and afterwards Comptroller of his household. The Times, 3 November 1908 p. 11 Obituary reads: Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins, K.C.B., K.C.V.O. died shortly after 1 o'clock yesterday morning at Claremont Palace, Esher...had acted as comptroller of the household of the Duchess of Albany
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations) 1908. Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins of Broom Hill Esher Surrey K.C.B. K.C.V.O. died 2 November 1908 at Claremont Esher aforesaid Probate London 30 December to Henry John Collins solicitor and Edward Arthur Wightwick stockbroker. Effects £40153 11s. 6d
- "Members of Parliament for Elmbridge". Elmbridge borough council. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Oliver Florence (23 April 2010). "Ian Taylor looks back on 23 years as an MP". Get Surrey. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Web Operations Team (25 August 2009). "Cooper, Nigel". Surrey County Council. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "The Borough of Elmbridge – Councillors". Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Election Results by Year
- Hannah Blackburn (7 March 2012). "Surrey County Council - Schools by Location". Surrey County Council. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Ian Fuoco (2 March 2012). "School status changes in academic year 11-12". Surrey County Council. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Hinchley Wood School and Sixth Form Centre". BBC News. 19 October 2005. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- King George's Hall - Elmbridge Borough Council
- Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares: Moore Place - TV.com
- Esher Residents Association
- History of Esher
- Christ Church, Esher
- (Esher) West End Flower Show
- Esher Athletic Football Club
- AFC Westend Football Club
- West End (Esher) Cricket Club
- Esher Rugby Club
- Esher Cricket Club
||West Molesey||East Molesey||Thames Ditton|
|Hersham, Walton-on-Thames||Hinchley Wood|