This page contains a list of user images about GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY Sad Sad City which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY Sad Sad City news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY Sad Sad City Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Watch the Behind The Scenes in this link below: http://youtu.be/36CLFOyaml0 Make sure to subscribe to this channel for new vids each week! http://youtube.com...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Ghostland Observatory live at the Hogg Memorial Auditorium, University of Texas at Austin on January 19, 2007.
|Origin||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Genres||Electronic rock, indietronica, new wave|
|Years active||2004–2013 (hiatus)|
|Members||Aaron Kyle Behrens
Thomas Ross Turner
Ghostland Observatory is an American music duo based in Austin, Texas. Their music has been described as a combination of electro, rock and funk by Allmusic, and "electro-dance soul rock" by Gothamist.
The band released their first full-length album, delete.delete.i.eat.meat, in 2005 on Turner's Trashy Moped Recordings. They also released their second CD, Paparazzi Lightning, on the same label in January 2006. On October 16, 2007, they made their national television debut on NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien, performing the song "Sad Sad City". They appeared on Austin City Limits in 2007, and released their first live DVD, Live from Austin, TX on November 13, 2007. In a video shot at the Vegoose Music Festival, they announced their album Robotique Majestique, later released on March 4, 2008. On December 26, 2007, Austin newspaper, the Austin American-Statesman, announced Ghostland Observatory as their band of the year. They performed at the Austin City Limits Music Festival, in Austin, TX in 2006, 2007, and 2009. During their 2009 Austin City Limits performance of "The Band Marches On", the "University of Texas"" marching band accompanied the duo on stage for a lights out performance. They have appeared at Coachella in Indio, CA and Voodoo Experience in New Orleans, LA. On August 13, 2011 they performed at Pacific Festival in Orange County, CA alongside Cut Copy and Steve Aoki.
October 26, 2010 saw the release Ghostland Observatory's fourth album, Codename: Rondo, which was introduced with a show at the Cedar Park Center, in Texas, on October 28, 2010. At that time they took the laser show to another level, having 16 lasers and a sophisticated assemblage of mirrors scattered around the stage to produce visual effects in real time usually only seen in movies. Codename: Rondo seems to take a turn from their previous material. On Thursday March 17, 2011 they participated in a friendly battle against Snoop Dogg live at the Red Bull SoundClash on South Padre Island, Texas. On April 10, 2013, they posted on their Facebook page "Yes it is true. We are on hiatus right now. Bathing and relaxing in the cosmos. Rejuvenating our spirits and soaking in the cosmic rays. Much love to all our GLOheads out there. See y'all in the future."
- Aaron Kyle Behrens – Born on January 11, 1982 in San Saba, TX. Behrens is the lead vocalist and guitarist. Behrens was previously involved with the band Dismount and Waking Helix (also consisting of Thomas Turner).
- Thomas Ross Turner – Born on August 7, 1979 in Pecos, TX. Turner contributes to background vocals (usually in robotic form), drums, keyboard, and synthesizer.
Select discography 
- 2005: delete.delete.i.eat.meat (Trashy Moped)
- 2006: Paparazzi Lightning (Trashy Moped)
- 2008: Robotique Majestique (Trashy Moped)
- 2010: Codename: Rondo (Trashy Moped)
Extended plays 
- 2007: Twin Cities (Trashy Moped)
Live albums 
- 2006: Austin City Limits: Music Festival 2006 (Trashy Moped/Austin City Limits)
- 2007: Live At Lollapalooza 2007 (Trashy Moped/Lolla)
- 2007: Austin City Limits: Music Festival 2007 (Trashy Moped/Austin City Limits)
- 2007: Live From Austin TX (New West)
- 2007: KVRX Local Live Volume 11: Assacre To Zookeeper ‒ CD/DVD combo (KVRX)
Press Coverage 
Pitchfork Media: Ghostland Observatory are sometimes said to be "simple" or "fun" and thus necessary in the overly stuffy world of indie rock. This overlooks that most of the other acts that Ghostland immediately conjure (Daft Punk, Hot Chip, Scissor Sisters, even George Michael balladry on "Mama") have already proven more than capable of mainstream consumption without a first-gen ringtone version of itself existing. The problem isn't that Ghostland Observatory seem like unserious people, it's that the same flippant attitude infects their musicianship. Codename: Rondo sounds like two people doing the least amount of work possible before something can be considered a "song." If you're the type who enjoys watching 35 straight minutes of College Humor clips, Codename: Rondo might be up your alley. Everyone else will just hear 10 songs that fail as both pop and humor.
Wall Street Journal: From Austin, Texas, the duo Ghostland Observatory revels in unpredictability. On their fourth full-length album, the spirited "Codename: Rondo," released in late October, they reduced their output on most tracks to funky synth beats and sounds, percussion and conversational vocals-raps—walking away from the fuller, textured music on their earlier discs. But a live album recorded at the Austin City Limits Music Festival in late 2009 and released earlier this year gives a sense of the frenetic music they can conjure in concert. Comparisons to Daft Punk are apt to a degree, but there's really no act like them.
Album Review LA Music Blog: Sometimes I wonder if, during all his research and experiments, Benjamin Franklin ever suspected that electricity would play such a vital role in music. Who knows, maybe Ol’ Ben strapped that key to his kite because he desperately wanted to cut loose to a wicked techno beat. Imagine if things would have advanced differently, Benjamin Franklin could have been DJ Kite Keys, spinning the best beats of the 18th century. Can you imagine the hundred dollar bill with Franklin wearing aviator sunglasses and oversized headphones? Can you see why I was never able to concentrate in History class? Electronic music is a really crowded market, which can make standing out a bit of a challenge. It seems the only way to keep the sound fresh is to meld it with other genres of music. At least, that seems to be what Ghostland Observatory founded their style on.
- Hopkin, Kenyon. Ghostland Observatory at Allmusic. Retrieved on May 7, 2008.
- Carlson, Jenn (June 20, 2005). "The Gothamist Band Interview: Ghostland Observatory". Retrieved on May 7, 2008.
- Daniel, Mark (2007-12-30). "Ghostland Observatory leads electro-rock resurgence". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2007-01-11.
- Corcoran, Michael (December 26, 2007). "Ghostland Observatory earns Band of the Year". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved on May 7, 2008.
- Fusilli, Jim (2010-12-15). "Solos, Ghosts, Blues, Jazz". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- Simpson, Brent. "Album Review: Ghostland Observatory - Codename Rondo". Album Review. LA Music Blog. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- Trashy Moped Recordings
- Ghostland Observatory on Myspace
- "Heavy Heart" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEG9tyRh2Q
- Ghostland Observatory on facebook
- Ghostland Observatory Fan Forum
- Ghostland Observatory iPhone App - FanSee
- 18 July 2008 - URB Mag interview with Aaron and Thomas
- 27 March 2008 - Brightestyoungthings.com interview
- 5 October 2006 - XL Cover Story
- 22 September 2006 - Covert Curiosity Interview
- 9 August 2006 - Seattle Weekly Interview
- 19 April 2005 - Austinist Interview
- 7 December 2010 - Consequence of Sound (Harry Painter) interview with Thomas Ross Turner
- 31 March 2011 - AMP Launch Interview with Ghostland Observatory
- 19 November 2011 - Interview with Ghostland Observatory at Austin City Limits