This page contains a list of user images about Greek Precinct, Melbourne which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Greek Precinct, Melbourne news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Greek Precinct, Melbourne Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Fun.'s music video for 'We Are Young' featuring Janelle Monáe from the full-length album, Some Nights - available now on Fueled By Ramen. Visit http://ournam...
What people expect romance to be vs what it really is... Follow Catherine! https://twitter.com/CDekoekkoek Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://ww...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
Music video by Eminem performing Love The Way You Lie. © 2010 Aftermath Records #VEVOCertified on September 13, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://ww...
The Greek Precinct, Melbourne in Victoria, Australia, is a Greek cultural area centred around the eastern end of Lonsdale Street in the Melbourne city centre. The area runs adjacent to Melbourne Chinatown on Little Bourke Street.
According to the 2001 Australian census, Melbourne has the largest Greek Australian population in Australia (151,785 or around 47%), and the largest Greek population of any city in the World - outside of Greece. Economic bilateral relations between Australia and Greece are worth over A$140 million.
The Precinct 
The Greek Precinct is located between Swanston Street and Russell Street, along Lonsdale Street, in the Melbourne city centre. It is home to a many Greek restaurants and Greek cultural shops. Located on the corner of Lonsdale Street and Russell Street is the Greek Community Centre of Melbourne, and at 209 Lonsdale Street is the Sam Papasavas Building - the home of the Australia-Greek Learning and Resource Centre of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT).
Located nearby, on the corner of La Trobe Street and William Street, is the Hellenic Foundation for Culture's centre and the Hellenic Museum of Melbourne. Both the centre and museum are housed in the historic former Melbourne Mint, and is contiguous with the National Centre for Hellenic Studies and Research of La Trobe University.
Antipodes Festival 
The annual Melbourne Antipodes Festival is held on Lonsdale Street over a week in March, and has been held since 1987. The festival is renowned for its Lonsdale Street "Glendi" (Greek for "party") - a weekend-long event that is held to coincide with the Greek National Day (March 25).
The annual Greek Film Festival is held in Melbourne over two weeks in September, and has been held since 1990.
The historic former Melbourne Mint, which now houses a Greek cultural centre and a museum
Fire dancing at the 2009 Lonsdale Street Glendi
See also 
- That's Me!lbourne - City of Melbourne tourism. "Greek precinct". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- City of Melbourne. "Greek precinct". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Lazzaro, Vince (11 February 2003). "Melbourne 2001 Census" (PDF). 2001 Australian Census (Canberra, ACT, Australia: Australian Bureau of Statistics) 1 (2030.2): 92. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "Bilateral relations between Greece and Australia". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- City of Melbourne. "International relations - Thessaloniki". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Greek Community of Melbourne and Victoria homepage". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Collections Australia Network. "Australian-Greek Resource and Learning Centre, RMIT". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Hellenic Foundation for Culture. "Centres: Melbourne". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- La Trobe University. "National Centre for Hellenic Studies and Research". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Office of the Premier of Victoria. "$3.5m boost for Melbourne's Lonsdale Street Greek Precinct". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Melbourne Antipodes Festival. "Lonsdale Street Glendi". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Melbourne Antipodes Festival. "Greek Film Festival". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Lonsdale Street Glendi|
- Greek Community of Melbourne and Victoria
- National Centre for Hellenic Studies and Research
- Melbourne Antipodes Festival