This page contains a list of user images about Hervé This which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Hervé This news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Hervé This Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
The chemist Hervé This
|Institutions||Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique|
|Known for||Molecular gastronomy|
Hervé This (pronounced: [tis]; born 1955 in Suresnes, Hauts-de-Seine) is a French physical chemist who works for the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique at AgroParisTech, in Paris (France). His main area of scientific research is molecular gastronomy, that is the science of culinary phenomena (more precisely, looking for the mechanisms of phenomena occurring during culinary transformations).
With the late Nicholas Kurti, he coined the scientific term "Molecular and Physical Gastronomy" in 1988, which he shortened to "Molecular Gastronomy" after Kurti's death in 1998. Graduated from École supérieure de physique et de chimie industrielles de la ville de Paris, he obtained a Ph.D from the University Paris VI, under the title "La gastronomie moléculaire et physique". He has written many scientific publications, as well as several books on the subject which can be understood even by those who have little or no knowledge of chemistry, but so far only four have been translated into English. He also collaborates with the magazine Pour la Science, the aim of which is to present scientific concepts to the general public. He is also a corresponding member of the Académie d'agriculture de France, and, more recently, the scientific director of the foundation "Food Science & Culture", which he created at the French Academy of Science. In 2011, he was elected as a Consulting Professor of AgroParisTech, and he was also asked to create courses on science and technology at Sciences Po Paris.
Some of his discoveries include the perfect temperature for cooking an egg (around 65°C, the white coagulates, but not the yolk), and the use of an electrical field to improve the smoking of salmon. He also found that beating an egg white after adding a small amount of cold water considerably increases the amount of foam produced. Every month he adds one new "invention" in the Art et Science section of the website of the chef Pierre Gagnaire.
Although his main focus is on physical chemistry, he also attributes great importance to the emotional aspect of cooking, as the title of one of his books shows: Cooking is love, art, technique.
The latest work by Hervé This, in conjunction with Pierre Gagnaire, has been the formation and promotion of 'note by note' cuisine - the next stage in the application of science to the kitchen after molecular gastronomy. Note by note cooking involves taking the molecules that compose ingredients used in cooking, and using these as the raw ingredients for a dish. “If you use pure compounds, you open up billions and billions of new possibilities,” Mr This said. “It's like a painter using primary colours or a musician composing note by note.” 
As part of the 2011 International Year of Chemistry, The French Embassy in Ireland in association with the Institut Français, the Alliance Française Dublin, the Lycée Français d’Irlande and the French Trade Commission UBIFRANCE put on a number of lectures around Dublin, Ireland where Hervé This performed demonstrations and promoted the new concept of 'note by note' cuisine.
- 1993 : les Secrets de la casserole, Éditions Belin
- 1995 : Révélations gastronomiques, Éditions Belin. ISBN 2-7011-1756-9
- 1997 : la Casserole des enfants, Éditions Belin
- 2002 : Traité élémentaire de cuisine, Éditions Belin
- 2002 : Casseroles et éprouvettes, Éditions Belin
- 2005 : Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor (translator: Malcolm DeBevoise), Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-231-13312-X
- 2006 : La cuisine c'est de l'amour, de l'art, de la technique, Odile Jacob
- 2007 : Construisons un repas, Odile Jacob
- 2007 : De la science aux fourneaux, Pour la Science/Editions Belin
- 2007 : Kitchen Mysteries: Revealing the Science of Cooking (translator: Jody Glading), Columbia University Press. ISBN 978-0-231-14170-3 or 023114170X
- 2007 : Alchimistes aux fourneaux, Flammarion
- 2009 : "Building a Meal: From Molecular Gastronomy to Culinary Constructivism (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)" (translator: Malcolm DeBevoise), Columbia University Press. ISBN 978-0-231-14466-7
- 2009 : Cours de gastronomie moléculaire n°1 : Science, technologie, technique (culinaires) : quelles relations?, Quae/Belin, Paris.
- 2011 : Cours de gastronomie moléculaire n°2 : Les Précisions culinaires, Quae/Belin, Paris.
- 2012 : La cuisine note à note en douze questions souriantes, Belin, Paris.
- This, Hervé (2005). Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor. Columbia University Press. ISBN 0-231-13312-X.
- ESPCI ParisTech Alumni 1980
- La gastronomie moléculaire et physique = Molecular and physical gastronomy (French)
- Portion of This' published work
- Art et Science (French)
- Savage, Michael. The Times (London) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6128617.ece
|url=missing title (help).
- Hervé This blog(French)
- La gastronomie moléculaire Hervé This page at INRA (French)
- Fondation Science & Culture Alimentaire (French)
- Cours de gastronomie moléculaire (French)
- Molecular Gastronomy Seminar with Hervé This