This page contains a list of user images about Ice Volcano On Titan which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Ice Volcano On Titan news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Ice Volcano On Titan Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
The Otherside Remix Music Video was filmed in various locations for about a year and a half throughout 2010-2011. It is the duo's second video collaboration ...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Fun.'s music video for 'We Are Young' featuring Janelle Monáe from the full-length album, Some Nights - available now on Fueled By Ramen. Visit http://ournam...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
http://thegreatgatsbymovie.com/ http://www.facebook.com/thegreatgatsbymovie In theaters May 10th. Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" follows would-be writer N...
In memory of Dave Niehaus (1935-2010). All proceeds benefit the Rainier Vista Boys and Girls Club. Video Directed by Jason Koenig (JkoePhoto.com) Video and M...
||This article needs attention from an expert in Volcanoes or Solar System. (February 2008)|
A cryovolcano (colloquially known as an ice volcano) is a volcano that erupts volatiles such as water, ammonia or methane, instead of molten rock. Collectively referred to as cryomagma or ice-volcanic melt, these substances are usually liquids and form plumes, but can also be in vapour form. After eruption, cryomagma condenses to a solid form when exposed to the very low surrounding temperature. Cryovolcanoes form on icy moons, and possibly on other low-temperature astronomical objects (e.g., Kuiper belt objects).
The energy required to melt ices and produce cryovolcanoes usually comes from tidal friction. It has also been suggested that translucent deposits of frozen materials could create a sub-surface greenhouse effect that would accumulate the required heat.
Signs of past warming of the Kuiper belt object Quaoar have led scientists to speculate that it exhibited cryovolcanism in the past. Radioactive decay could provide the energy necessary for such activity, as cryovolcanoes can emit water mixed with ammonia, which would melt at -95°C and create an extremely cold liquid that would flow out of the volcano.
Indirect evidence of cryovolcanic activity was later observed on several other icy moons of our Solar System, including Europa, Titan, Ganymede, and Miranda. Cassini has observed several features thought to be cryovolcanoes on Titan, notably Sotra Patera, a feature regarded as "the very best evidence, by far, for volcanic topography anywhere documented on an icy satellite". Cryovolcanism is one process hypothesized to be a significant source of the methane found in Titan's atmosphere.
In 2007, observations by the Gemini Observatory showing patches of ammonia hydrates and water crystals on the surface of Pluto's moon Charon suggested the presence of active cryovolcanoes/cryo-geysers.
- Darling, David (ed.). "Cryovolcanism". Internet Encyclopedia of Science.
- Jewitt, D.C.; J. Luu (2004). "Crystalline water ice on the Kuiper belt object (50000) Quaoar". Nature 432 (7018): 731–3. Bibcode:2004Natur.432..731J. doi:10.1038/nature03111. PMID 15592406.. Reprint on Jewitt's site (pdf)
- "Cassini Spots Potential Ice Volcano on Saturn Moon". NASA, December 14, 2010
- "Charon: An ice machine in the ultimate deep freeze". Gemini Observatory. 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- Cook et al.; Desch, Steven J.; Roush, Ted L.; Trujillo, Chadwick A.; Geballe, T. R. (2007). "Near-Infrared Spectroscopy of Charon: Possible Evidence for Cryovolcanism on Kuiper Belt Objects". The Astrophysical Journal 663 (2): 1406–1419. Bibcode:2007ApJ...663.1406C. doi:10.1086/518222.
- Triton - Triton at the eight Planets
- South Pole of Triton - Triton at SolarViews.com
- Enceladus' South Polar Stripes Spew "Warm" Water - News article at the Planetary Society
- Cryovolcanism on Charon and other Kuiper Belt Objects
- Ice Volcanoes of Lake Superior's South Shore
- Dykes, Brett Michael (February 8, 2011). "Ice volcanoes are all the rage this winter: How do you stimulate a regional tourist economy?". The Lookout (Yahoo News). Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- Herzog, Karen (February 6, 2011). "Ice volcanoes attract curious explorers to Lake Michigan shore: Experts warn to explore formations with caution". Journal Sentinel. Retrieved February 8, 2011.