This page contains a list of user images about John Cohen (musician) which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse John Cohen (musician) news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
Music video by Rihanna performing Russian Roulette. (C) 2009 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
I'm just a guy from Sweden who likes to laugh and make other people laugh. Sharing gaming moments on YouTube with my bros! Why not join us? :D Become a bro t...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Its a simple math equation really... Click to see Bloopers and The making of this video here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccOGxj27J8 Follow me on TWITTE...
Please take a second and LIKE+FAV this video! :D I worked really hard on it. Also : SHARE THIS VIDEO with friends:) Twitter/Facebook/Websites *brofist* More ...
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
John Cohen (born August 2, 1932, Queens, New York) is a founding member of the New Lost City Ramblers as well as a musicologist, photographer and filmmaker of note. Some of his best known images document the Abstract Expressionist scene centered around New York's Cedar Bar; gallery happenings by early performance artists; young Bob Dylan's arrival in New York; Beat Generation writers during the filming of Robert Frank and Alfred Leslie's film Pull My Daisy; and the "old time" musicians of Appalachia. (The title of Cohen's 1962 film, High Lonesome Sound, has become synonymous with that music.) He has been one of the most important "discoverers" of traditional musicians and singers, finding and recording Dillard Chandler, Roscoe Holcomb, and many banjo players, most notably on the album High Atmosphere.
Beyond the United States, Cohen traveled extensively to Peru, driven by a fascination for the weaving and lifestyle of the native Andean population. His field recording of a Peruvian wedding song is included on the Voyager Golden Record, attached to the Voyager spacecraft.
He currently resides in the lower Hudson Valley of New York.
He has taught photography and drawing at Purchase College. He organized a gallery show of Peruvian retablos at the college as well.
The Library of Congress has recently acquired John Cohen's archive, which includes his films, photographs, music recordings and other historic ephemera.
- There Is No Eye: John Cohen Photographs, introduction by Greil Marcus. New York: powerHouse Books, 2001. ISBN 1-57687-107-X, ISBN 1-57687-119-3
- Past, Present, Peru, Göttingen, Germany: Steidl, 2010. ISBN 978-3-86930-103-7
Selected filmography 
- The High Lonesome Sound (1962)
- Fifty Miles from Times Square (1970)
- The End of an Old Song (1972). A DVD version is in print as part of Dark Holler: Old Love Songs and Ballads (2005-09-27). Washington: Smithsonian Folkways.
- Q'eros: The Shape of Survival (1979)
- Peruvian Weaving: a continuous warp (1980)
- Sara and Maybelle (1981)
- Gypsies Sing Long Ballads (1982)
- Mountain Music of Peru (1984)
- Dancing with the Incas (1990)
- Carnival in Q'eros (1992)
- Play on John: A Life in Music (2009) on Smithsonian Networks
Selected discography (as producer) 
- High Atmosphere: Ballads and Banjo Tunes from Virginia and North Carolina (1975)
- There Is No Eye: Music for Photographs, Smithsonian Folkways SFW CD 40091 (2001), companion to the book
- Back Roads to Cold Mountain (2004)
- Kurutz, Steve. "allmusic ((( John Cohen > Overview )))". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 Jan 2009.
- A Vision Shared, Austin Chronicle, weeklywire.com, 18 August 1997. Retrieved on 2 May 2009.
- Ezra Glinter, "The Revivalist," The Jewish Daily Forward, December 2010. Retrieved on 6 January 2011
- Official website
- Temporary up-to-date website with his photographs and cv
- Website of L. Parker Stephenson Photographs, New York, which represents Cohen's photographic work
- Webcast of a Library of Congress presentation, "'The High Lonesome Sound Revisited': Documenting Traditional Culture in America" (2009)
- American Standard Time presents John Cohen, a 2011 interview
- "The Revivalist: How John Cohen Found Folk Music and (Accidentally) Inspired a Klezmer Renaissance"
- Matthews, Scott (2008-08-06). "John Cohen in Eastern Kentucky: Documentary Expression and the Image of Roscoe Halcomb During the Folk Revival". Southern Spaces.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|