This page contains a list of user images about Ken Levine (video Game Designer) which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Ken Levine (video Game Designer) news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
http://manofsteel.com http://www.facebook.com/manofsteel In theaters June 14th. From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures comes "Man of Steel", starring Henry...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
TAKE ME HOME The brand new album out now! Featuring Live While We're Young and Little Things. iTunes: http://smarturl.it/takemehome1D Amazon: http://amzn.to/...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Only Girl (In The World). (C) 2010 The Island Def Jam Music Group #VEVOCertified on February 16, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/...
BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES: http://bit.ly/POKEMONbloopers DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZqR5 CHECK OUT THIS POKESMOSH SHIRT: http://smo.sh/YMRJ5e COLLECT...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
BLOOPERS&DELETED SCENES: http://bit.ly/KidsXtras DOWNLOAD SEXY ALBUM: http://bit.ly/SexyAlbumDownload What would happen if kids shows were real? ------------...
BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES: http://bit.ly/IfMoviesXTRAS WATCH EN ESPAÑOL: http://youtu.be/yibMNqReg1Y What would happen if movies were real? -----------------...
Ken Levine at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011 Sony Press Conference
September 1, 1966 |
Flushing, New York
|Occupation||Video game designer|
Ken Levine (born September 1, 1966) is the creative director and co-founder of Irrational Games. He led the creation of the multi-million selling, multiple "game-of-the-year" award-winning video game BioShock, and is known for his work on Thief: The Dark Project and System Shock 2. He was named one of the "Storytellers of the Decade" by Game Informer and was the 1UP Network's 2007 person of the year.
Life and career 
Pre-Irrational Games 
Levine was born in Flushing, New York. Levine studied drama at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York before moving to Los Angeles to pursue a film career, writing two screenplays. In 1995, he was hired as a game designer by Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Looking Glass Studios after replying to a job ad in Next Generation Magazine. At Looking Glass, Levine worked with pioneering designer Doug Church to establish the initial fiction and design of Thief: The Dark Project.
Irrational Games 
In 1997, following his work on Thief, Levine left Looking Glass along with two coworkers, Jonathan Chey and Robert Fermier, to found Irrational Games. The studio's first game was the science fiction RPG/shooter System Shock 2, a direct sequel to Looking Glass' original 1993 System Shock. Levine served as lead writer and designer, and the game shipped in 1999 to critical acclaim.
Irrational's next project was Freedom Force, a real-time tactical RPG that drew heavily on the love Levine and Irrational artist Robb Waters had for the Silver Age of Comic Books. After the first Freedom Force game, Irrational developed Tribes: Vengeance and SWAT 4, on which Levine served as writer and executive producer respectively.
Although Tribes: Vengeance, SWAT 4, and Third Reich all shipped within a year of one another in 2004 and 2005, Irrational had been working in preproduction on the first-person shooter BioShock, the studio's most ambitious game at that point, since 2002. The game went through numerous revisions to its premise and gameplay, and was released in August 2007, soon after Levine, Chey, and Fermier sold Irrational Games to publisher Take-Two Interactive.
In 2008, Levine delivered the keynote address at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, discussing his youth as a nerd in the 1970s and how it impacted the path of his career.
Since the release of BioShock, Levine has been serving as creative director and lead writer on BioShock Infinite, set in 1912 in the fictional floating city of Columbia. Bioshock Infinite was a massive success, winning over 80 awards pre-release and is in-talks to be Game of the Year 2013.
- VanOrd, Kevin. ""We Can Kill The Industry With Cynicism" - Ken Levine". "Gamespot". Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- Fahey, Mike. "X-Play Awards BioShock Game Of The Year", "Kotaku," December 18, 2007. Accessed April 6, 2011.
- Jenkins, David. "BioShock Wins SpikeTV Game of the Year", "Gamasutra," December 10, 2007. Referenced April 6, 2011.
- GameSpot UK Staff. "BioShock, Wii Sports top BAFTAs", "GameSpot UK," October 23, 2007. Referenced April 6, 2011.
- Davey, Jamie. "Take-Two: Grand Theft Auto franchise sells over 100 million units, GTAIV accounts for 20m", March 10, 2011. Referenced April 6, 2011.
- Game Informer Staff, "Best Storytellers of the Decade." Game Informer, #212, December 2010, p. 70.
- 1UP Staff. "2007 1UP Network Editors' Choice Awards", "1UP," January 30, 2008. Referenced April 6, 2011.
- Scharr, Jillian. "Levine ’88 discusses career as game developer". The Miscellany News. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Levine, Ken. "PAX 2008 Keynote", August 30, 2008. Referenced April 4, 2011.
- G4 TV. "Feedback LIVE! At PAX East 2011 With Ken Levine", March 12, 2011. Referenced April 4, 2011.
- Omni. "Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich Q&A with Ken Levine", "The Armchair Empire," March 10, 2005. Referenced April 4, 2011.
- Irrational Games. "Studio", referenced April 4, 2011.
- MobyGames. "System Shock (1999) Windows credits", "MobyGames," referenced April 4, 2011.
- Metacritic. "System Shock 2 for PC Reviews", referenced April 4, 2011.
- Irrational Games. "From the Vault - The BioShock Pitch", referenced April 4, 2011.
- Metacritic. "Highest and Lowest Scoring Games at Metacritic", referenced April 4, 2011.