This page contains a list of user images about LibraryThing which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse LibraryThing news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
|Type of site||Catalog and community|
|Registration||Free with upgrade option|
|Owner||Tim Spalding (majority)
|Created by||Tim Spalding|
|Launched||August 29, 2005|
|Alexa rank||10,085 (April 2013[update])|
The primary feature of LibraryThing is the cataloging of books by importing data from libraries through Z39.50 connections and from six Amazon.com stores. Library sources supply MARC and Dublin Core records to LT; users can import information from 690 libraries, including the Library of Congress, National Library of Australia, the Canadian National Catalogue, the British Library, and Yale University. Should a record not be available from any of these sources, it is also possible to add the book information by using a blank form.
Social features 
LibraryThing's social features have been compared to bookmark manager Del.icio.us and the collaborative music service Last.fm. Similar book cataloging sites include Goodreads, Shelfari, aNobii, BookJetty, and weRead.
Ownership and membership 
LibraryThing is majority owned by founder Tim Spalding. Online bookseller AbeBooks (now owned by Amazon) bought a 40% share in LibraryThing in May 2006 for an undisclosed sum. In January 2009, Cambridge Information Group acquired a minority stake in the company, and their subsidiary Bowker became the official distributor to libraries.
At the end of June 2006, LibraryThing was subject to the Slashdot effect from a Wall Street Journal article. The site's developers added servers to compensate for the increased traffic. In December of the same year, the site received yet more attention from Slashdot over its UnSuggester feature, which draws suggestions from books least likely to appear in the same catalog as a given book.
See also 
- Bibliographic database
- Collective intelligence
- Enterprise bookmarking
- List of social networking websites
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Semantic similarity
- Virtual community
- Weak ontology
- "Librarything.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Zeitgeist Overview". LibraryThing. Retrieved 2013-04-06..
- "Add books to your library". Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "Manual Entry". Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- Regan, Jim (2005-11-09). "Do your own LibraryThing". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2007-03-13.
- Bain, Alistair (2007-04-28). "LibraryThing". Desert of Zin. Retrieved 2007-06-20.
- Woodroof, Martha (2008-03-20). "Web Sites Let Bibliophiles Share Books Virtually". NPR. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "CIG Acquires Minority Stake in LibraryThing; Bowker to Distribute to Libraries". Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Davies, Richard (2006-05-16). "ABEBOOKS.COM ACQUIRES MAJOR STAKE IN LIBRARYTHING.COM – A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE FOR BIBLIOPHILES". AbeBooks.com.
- Rutkoff, Aaron (2006-06-27). "Social Networking for Bookworms". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2006-12-15.
- "Unsuggester: Finding the Book You'll Never Want". Slashdot. 2006-12-04. Retrieved 2006-12-15.
Further reading 
- Wenzler, J. LibraryThing and the library catalog: adding collective intelligence to the OPAC. A Workshop on Next Generation Libraries. San Francisco State University CARL NITIG; September 7, 2007.