This page contains a list of user images about Living Social which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Living Social news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Russian Roulette. (C) 2009 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
For you nosy people, this is the reason why Selena Gomez broke up with Justin Bieber. Get the song on iTunes: http://bit.ly/T74XEZ Andy Lange produced the mu...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Its a simple math equation really... Click to see Bloopers and The making of this video here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccOGxj27J8 Follow me on TWITTE...
Please take a second and LIKE+FAV this video! :D I worked really hard on it. Also : SHARE THIS VIDEO with friends:) Twitter/Facebook/Websites *brofist* More ...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
|Type of site||Electronic commerce|
|Available language(s)||English and others (for 27 countries)|
|Created by||Tim O'Shaughnessy, Aaron Batalion, Eddie Frederick, Val Aleksenko|
|Alexa rank||725 (April 2013[update])|
LivingSocial is a deal-of-the-day website that features discounted gift certificates usable at local or national companies. Based in Washington, D.C., LivingSocial now has more than 70 million members around the world.
LivingSocial was founded as Hungry Machine in 2007 by four employees from Revolution Health Group. The company's first major application was their Visual Bookshelf application on Facebook which allowed users to catalog and share their favorite books with friends. Later, the company released PickYourFive and other Polls applications, making LivingSocial the number one application developer on Facebook as measured by page views. After acquiring BuyYourFriendADrink.com in 2009, LivingSocial launched a daily deals website, which since has become its highest grossing venture to date.
On April 26th, 2013 it was announced that LivingSocial's database had been hacked, affecting 50 million registered users. The announcement stated that credit card information was stored in a separate database and was not compromised, but that user information including passwords, previously encrypted by LivingSocial as a precaution, had been exposed.  On May 1, 2013, Attorney Generals from Connecticut and Maryland Attorney sent a joint letter to LivingSocial requesting additional information about the incident, as well as more details about the company's data management policies and procedures. 
The company received $5 million in Series A funding in June, 2008 from Grotech Ventures and Steve Case. In January 2010, LivingSocial raised $5 million in Series B funding from Grotech Ventures and AOL Founder Steve Case. Two months later, on March 11, 2010, the company announced a $25 million round led by U.S. Venture Partners, Grotech and Case. LivingSocial then acquired $14 million Series C round, from Lightspeed Venture Partners with U.S. Venture, Grotech and Case contributing. Most recently, US Venture Partners and Grotech invested an additional $10.23 million of equity offering to the company. Its fundraising for 2010 comes to $50 million. In December 2010, LivingSocial received a $175 million investment from Amazon.com. LivingSocial also received an additional $8 million investment from Lightspeed Venture Partners. In March 2011, less than four months after the $175 million Amazon investment, LivingSocial raised an additional $400 million from prior investors like Amazon and Lightspeed Venture Partners, and several new ones including T. Rowe Price and Institutional Venture Partners. As of early April, LivingSocial is valued at more than $3 billion.
- In October 2010, LivingSocial announced acquisition of social adventure company Urban Escapes, which led to the launch of LivingSocial Escapes and LivingSocial Adventures.
- In November 2010, LivingSocial bought $5 million controlling stake in Australian social shopping site Jump On It. The acquisition makes LivingSocial the biggest social shopping player in Australia.
- In January 2011, LivingSocial acquired a majority stake in LetsBonus, which now operates in Spain, Italy, Portugal, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. Launched in September 2009 in Barcelona, LetsBonus was an early operator of a collective buying service in Europe, particularly in the Spanish market.
- In March 2011, LivingSocial acquired InfoEther, a Ruby/Rails consultancy. Ruby on Rails is the platform upon which LivingSocial runs.
- In June 2011, Dubai Based GoNabit, an Arabic website for daily deals, was acquired by LivingSocial. GoNabit operates in the UAE, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan, and claims to have saved consumers more than $5m in 2010-2011. Group buying websites typically sign up a range of businesses to offer discounts, and take a percentage of the revenue.
- In June 2011, LivingSocial acquired DealKeren, which offers daily deals in Indonesia, and its parent company Ensogo, which offer daily deals in Thailand and the Philippines. Officially launched in June 2010, Ensogo currently has more than 800,000 members. Ensogo claims that its members have saved more than $25 million USD in 2010-2011. Ensogo is backed by Rebate Networks, an international venture capital group specializing in social commerce.
- In April 2012, ONOSYS, a mobile and online ordering provider, was acquired by LivingSocial. ONOSYS operates in Cleveland, Ohio, and services over 75 restaurant chains including Papa Johns International Inc., Panera Bread, and Applebee's International Inc.
- "Livingsocial.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Hart, Kim. "LivingSocial Takes Top Spot Among Facebook Apps - Post I.T. - A Technology Blog From The Washington Post - (washingtonpost.com)". Voices.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "LivingSocial Becomes the Largest Facebook Application Ever". Allfacebook.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Citybizlist Washington DC - Hungry Machine/Living Social Devours Another $10.2M - cbl". Dc.citybizlist.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- Washington Business Journal
- Settlement details
- "Living Social Database Hacked; 50 Million customers impacted". redtape.nbcnews.com. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Radke, Bruce A.; Michael J. Waters (May 16, 2013). "Letter from Attorneys General to LivingSocial Can Serve as Guide for Companies Seeking to Protect Personal Information". The National Law Review (Vedder Price). ISSN - 3362 2161 - 3362.
- April 29, 2010 Jolie O'Dell View Comments (2010-04-29). "Groupon Competitor LivingSocial Has Now Raised $44 Million This Year". Mashable.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- Swisher, Kara (2010-09-16). "LivingSocial Brings Funding Up to $50 Million, Launches in 25 New Cities | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD". Kara.allthingsd.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- December 3, 2010 Riley McDermid (2010-12-03). "Group buying startup LivingSocial starts living large with $175M from Amazon". VentureBeat.com. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- April 4, 2011 Evelyn M. Rusli. (2011-04-04). "In Race With Groupon, LivingSocial Raises $400 Million". New York Times online.com. Retrieved 2011-04-06.
- Klein, Allison (2011-04-05). "LivingSocial, based in D.C., raises $400 million as it vies with Groupon". www.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-04-06.
- "LivingSocial Continues to Differentiate with Purchase of Urban Escapes". www.blog.kelseygroup.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial Buys 5 million controlling stake in jump on it". www.dailydealmedia.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial Expands into Australia with 5m investment in jump on it". www.socialtimes.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial acquires a majority stake in Let's Bonus". www.fusiondiginet.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial gains wealth of ruby on rails expertise with Infoether acquisition". www.fusiondiginet.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial acquires rubyrails consultancy infoether". www.dctechsource.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "LivingSocial Expands Daily Deals Empire; Buys Ensogo, GoNabit And DealKeren". TechCrunch.
- "LivingSocial Buys Online Ordering System Provider ONOSYS". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2012-04-26.