This page contains a list of user images about Lsof which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Lsof news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
Music video by Rihanna performing We Ride. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES: http://bit.ly/POKEMONbloopers DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZqR5 CHECK OUT THIS POKESMOSH SHIRT: http://smo.sh/YMRJ5e COLLECT...
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
|Developer(s)||Victor A. Abell |
|Stable release||4.87 / 2 January 2013|
lsof is a command meaning "list open files", which is used in many Unix-like systems to report a list of all open files and the processes that opened them. This open source utility was developed and supported by Victor A. Abell, the retired Associate Director of the Purdue University Computing Center. It works in and supports several Unix flavors.
Open files in the system include disk files, pipes, network sockets and devices opened by all processes. One use for this command is when a disk cannot be unmounted because (unspecified) files are in use. The listing of open files can be consulted (suitably filtered if necessary) to identify the process that is using the files.
# lsof /var COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME syslogd 350 root 5w VREG 222,5 0 440818 /var/adm/messages syslogd 350 root 6w VREG 222,5 339098 6248 /var/log/syslog cron 353 root cwd VDIR 222,5 512 254550 /var -- atjobs
To view the port associated with a daemon:
# lsof -i -n -P | grep sendmail sendmail 31649 root 4u IPv4 521738 TCP *:25 (LISTEN)
From the above one can see that "sendmail" is listening on its standard port of "25".
- -i Lists IP sockets.
- -n Do not resolve hostnames (no DNS).
- -P Do not resolve port names (list port number instead of its name).
One can also list Unix Sockets by using
Lsof output 
The lsof output describes:
- the identification number of the process (PID) that has opened the file;
- the process group identification number (PGID) of the process (optional);
- the process identification number of the parent process (PPID) (optional);
- the command the process is executing;
- the owner of the process;
- for all files in use by the process, including the executing text file and the shared libraries it is using:
- the file descriptor number of the file, if applicable;
- the file's access mode;
- the file's lock status;
- the file's device numbers;
- the file's inode number;
- the file's size or offset;
- the name of the file system containing the file;
- any available components of the file's path name;
- the names of the file's stream components;
- the file's local and remote network addresses;
- the TLI network (typically UDP) state of the file;
- the TCP state, read queue length, and write queue length of the file;
- the file's TCP window read and write lengths (Solaris only); and
- other file or dialect-specific values.
See also 
- "PGP public key". Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "4.87 PGP signature". 2013-01-02Z17:52:21. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- lsof FAQ, 1.9 Is there an lsof license?
- W. Richard Stevens, Bill Fenner, Andrew M. Rudoff (2003), Unix Network Programming: the Sockets networking API, Addison-Wesley Professional, ISBN 978-0-13-141155-5, ISBN 0131411551
- Official website
- Linux Administration and Privileged Commands Manual –
- Using lsof
- lsof manpage on www.netadmintools.com
- Troubleshooting Runnings Systems with lsof
- Lsof FAQ
- Sam Nelson's PCP script, an alternative to "lsof -i" for Solaris.
- Glsof is two separate utilities (Queries and Filemonitor) based on lsof.