This page contains a list of user images about Matt Adams which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Matt Adams news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Matt Adams Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
|St. Louis Cardinals – No. 53|
August 31, 1988 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
|May 20, 2012 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
(through May 15, 2013)
|Runs batted in||23|
|On Base Percentage||.349|
Early life 
Matt Adams grew up in Phillipsburg, Pennsylvania. According to an interview with Fox Sports Midwest he was a big fan of Ken Griffey, Jr.. After graduating from Phillipsburg-Osceola High School he attended Slippery Rock University where he holds the career batting average record, .473. 
Baseball career 
Adams was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 23rd round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft. In 2011, Adams was the Cardinals Minor League Player of the Year and the Texas League MVP after hitting .300/.357/.566 with 32 home runs and 101 runs batted in. He was also selected to represent the Cardinals in the Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game but had to miss the game due to an injury.
Prior to the 2012 season, Baseball America considered him the ninth best prospect in the Cardinals organization. On May 20, 2012 Adams was called up to the Cardinals after Lance Berkman was placed on the disabled list. He went 2-for-4 in his major league debut. He hit his first major league home run on May 27, 2012. Adams played in 27 games with the Cardinals before being returned to Triple-A Memhis, batting .244 with 13 RBIs and two home runs.
Splitting time between the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds and the Cardinals, Adams hit 18 home runs with 50 RBIs as he batted .329 with a .624 slugging percentage. However an elbow injury brought an early end to his 2012 season. The injury, which had been a nagging problem much of summer, finally had to be treated surgically in mid-August to remove a bone spur.
Any questions about Adams repaired elbow were answered in spring training as he led the Cardinals in RBI's with 17. It was in spring training that Adams also earned his nickname, "Big City." According to teammate David Freese, several players had been searching for a nickname for the 6 ft 3 inch 230-pounder, when one day someone shouted out "Big City." Said Freese: Well he's a big boy that can rake (the ball). I guess it hit because the guy can flat-out hit. Adams started off the regular season on the St. Louis Cardinals roster as a bench player. He caught the attention of the fans and media early on when in his first ten plate appearances he hit three home runs, two doubles, three singles, and a walk, with a batting average hovering between .640 and .700.
- "Matt Adams statistics". Baseball Reference dot com. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Rookie backup Matt Adams batting .643 for Cardinals". Sports Illustrated dot com. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Matt Adams drafted by St. Louis Cardinals
- Miller, Adams earn Cards' Minors awards
- Adams earns Texas League MVP honor
- Cards' Adams to play in Rising Stars Game
- Major talent: Matt Adams returns to work
- Baseball America St. Louis Cardinals top 2012 prospects
- May 20, 2012 St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers Play by Play and Box Score, Baseball-reference.com
- Adams hopes to impress in big league stint
- Raymond, Jonathan (12 December 2012). "Taveras not Lone Star for Cardinals". MLB.com. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Starkey, JP (14 August 2012). "Cardinals Prospect Matt Adams Undergoes Surgery Return Set For Spring 2013". SB Nation com. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Frederickson, Ben (April 10, 2013). "Adams lives up to 'Big City' nickname". Fox Sports Midwest dot com. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- Goold, Derrick (15 April 2013). "Hard for Cards to keep Adams on bench". The St. Louis Post-Dispatch website. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Cards place Adams on DL, purchase Curtis' contract". MLB.com. April 26, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)