This page contains a list of user images about Military Of South Ossetia which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Military Of South Ossetia news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Military Of South Ossetia Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Win Free Tickets + VIP Meet & Greets: http://smarturl.it/BATour iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BAiTunes Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BoyceCCV2bSpotify - - - - - -...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The Military of South Ossetia is the military of the breakaway republic of South Ossetia, whose independence is recognized by Russia, Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Nauru but whom Georgia considers to be a Russian-Occupied Territory. The force numbers about 2,500 men, or 16,000, including reservists.
2008 South Ossetia war 
The South Ossetian military fought against the Georgian forces in the 2008 South Ossetia war. At the time of the major Georgian offensive, the bulk of the Ossetian force was concentrated in the settlement of Java to the north of Tskhinvali. According to Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, what thwarted the Georgian operation in the end was the resistance offered by peacekeepers and lightly armed South Ossetian units that stayed behind to defend the capital. Also Russian regular army forces entered the fighting on August 8 and drove deep into Georgia proper, occasionally accompanied or followed by South Ossetian militia who allegedly committed serious human rights violations, particularly in the Georgian villages of South Ossetia.
According one estimate, the losses of the South Ossetian military forces, militia, and volunteers in the war amounted to 150 dead. According to the 2012 statement by the President of Russia Vladimir Putin, Russia had been training the South Ossetian militias as part of the Russian General Staff's 2006-2007 plan to rebuff Georgia in case of war.
The South Ossetian military has a total of 16,000 soldiers. 2,500 soldiers are on active duty and 13,500 are reservists.
- 15 tanks: 5 T-55 and 10 T-72.
- 24 self-propelled howitzers: 12 122mm 2S1 "Gvozdika and 12 152mm 2S3 "Akatsiya".
- 12 howitzers 122mm D-30.
- 6 multiple rocket launchers 122mm BM-21 "Grad".
- 4 anti-tank guns 100mm MT-12 "Rapira".
- 30 mortars.
- 52 armoured combat vehicles BRDM, BMP-1 and BTR-70.
- 6 highly mobile, short-range, low altitude surface-to-air missile systems 9K31 "Strela-1".
- 10 short-range air defense cannons ZU-23-2.
- 4 helicopters Mi-8.
After the 2008 South Ossetia War, some of the tanks that were captured from Georgia's forces have been transferred to the South Ossetian military.
Service Branches 
- What will be the outcome of the Georgian-Ossetian war?
- The Russian Air Force didn't perform well during the conflict in South Ossetia Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies 2008-11-15
- Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on the Conflict in Georgia(September 2009), 211
- Barabanov, Mikhail (2008-09-12). "The August War between Russia and Georgia". Moscow Defense Brief (Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies) 3 (13).
- The August war between Russia and Georgia
- Russia had plan to rebuff Georgian aggression - Putin. The Voice of Russia. August 8, 2012.
- Расстановка сил:сравнение боевого потенциала вооруженных сил Грузии, Южной Осетии и России в зоне конфликта
- Photogallery of the 20 September 2008 military parade in Tskhinvali
- Armed Forces the Caucasian countries