This page contains a list of user images about PDFCreator which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse PDFCreator news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
Music video by Avril Lavigne performing When You're Gone. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 696566 (C) 2007 RCA/JIVE Label Group, a unit of Sony Music Entertain...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Subscribe for new compilations every Friday! ▻ http://bit.ly/failarmy Facebook ▻ http://facebook.com/failarmyy Twitter ▻ http://twitter.com/RealFailArmy Down...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Download "Valentine" on iTunes: http://vsb.li/8PKtjC Upcoming Shows: http://www.kinagrannis.com/shows Mailing list (sign up for news about upcoming tours, vi...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Buy the track here: http://atlr.ec/TZ8yBf Directed by Tony T. Datis.
|Stable release||1.7.0 (April 16, 2013) [±]|
|Written in||Visual Basic|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||PDF printer/creator/ Adware|
PDFCreator is an application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It works by creating a virtual printer that prints to PDF files, and thereby allows practically any application to create PDF files by choosing to print from within the application and then printing to the PDFCreator printer. Between 2009 and 2012 PDFCreator included a controversial, optional closed source adware toolbar that was installed by default.
The application is written in Microsoft Visual Basic and released to the public at no charge. It works with 64-bit and 32-bit Windows versions including Windows 7, internally using mostly 32-bit code. The actual PDF generation is handled by Ghostscript, which is included in the setup packages.
Besides being installed as a virtual printer, PDFCreator can be associated with .ps files to manually convert PostScript to PDF format.
PDFCreator can convert to the following file formats: PDF (including PDF/A (1b) and PDF/X (X-3:2002, X-3:2003 and X-4), PNG, JPEG, SVG, TIFF, PS, EPS, TXT, PSD, PCL, BMP, PCX, RAW. It also allows to digitally sign PDF documents.
Between 2009 and 2013 the installation package included a closed-source browser toolbar that was considered by many users to be malicious software. Although technically an optional component, the opt-out procedure used to be a two-step process (prior to version 1.2.3), which was considered by many to be intentionally confusing. In addition to the spyware activity described below, the toolbar allowed one-click creation of PDFs from the current webpage and included a search tool. As of version 1.2.3, the opt-out procedure only required unchecking one checkbox during the installation process.
PDFCreator allows the user to disable printing, copying of text or images and modifying the original document. The user can also choose between two types of passwords, user and owner, to restrict PDF files in several ways. The former is required to open the PDF file, while the latter is necessary in order to change permissions and password. Encryption can be either 40-bit, compatible with Adobe Acrobat 3.0 or 4.0, or 128 bits for Acrobat 5.0 or higher.
Adware toolbar controversy 
Starting with version 0.9.7 (February 2009), PDFCreator included an adware toolbar.  The end-user-license agreement for PDFForge Toolbar by Spigot, Inc. (versions prior to 0.9.7 have a different, optional toolbar called "PDFCreator Toolbar"), states that the software will:
...modify your Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Mozilla Firefox browser settings for the default search engine, address bar search, "DNS error" page, "404 error" page, and new tab page to facilitate more informative responses as determined by The Toolbar
PDFForge, which created PDFCreator, wrote a FAQ entry regarding the toolbar that stated:
Is this spyware then? I think the main difference is if this is done unasked and undisclosed amount...Furthermore, the company works together with major Anti Ad- and Spyware companies to ensure, that it can be consider transparent and unharmful for the user. These include: Microsoft Windows, Anti-Spyware Webroot SpySweeper, Computer Associates Pest Patrol, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, Aluria Spyware Scanner and Spyware Eliminator.
In November 2011, PDFCreator still installed the toolbar unless the user declined it. SourceForge, which hosts the downloads for PDFForge, hosted most of PDFCreator, but not the toolbar. The PDFCreator installer downloads the toolbar from another website if the option to install the toolbar is not unselected.
In March 2012 the company announced that the toolbar had been discontinued with version 1.3.0. The company stated:
We have also removed the Toolbar from the setup, as it caused some confusion among the users. We are now trying a different advertising partner. This should reduce the problems the users had with the toolbar, as they felt that it was installed without their knowledge."
As of 23 March 2012 PDFCreator included the MyStart toolbar by Incredibar.
In July 2012 the project disabled reviews and ratings on its sourceforge repository.
On 30 August 2012, PDFCreator version 1.5.0 was released which included an installer for the "AVG Security Toolbar." There was an option to disable installation of the "AVG Security Toolbar, but it was not clearly identified. Furthermore, installation of PDFCreator required acceptance of the AVG EULA even when installation of the "AVG Security Toolbar" was disabled.
On 23 October 2012, PDFCreator version 1.5.1 was released  which includes an installer for iClaro Search adware/spyware. Compared to previous adware choices, once installed, iClaro cannot be removed using the "Add/Remove Programs" option.
On 14 January 2013, PDFCreator version 1.6.2 was released which includes an installer for Install Entrusted Toolbar. The setup screen for Install Entrusted Toolbar has a single option in black font. The description for Express (recommended) reads:
Install Entrusted Toolbar, set default search & new tabs to Entrusted Search, and set my homepage on my browsers to Entrusted Search
The second option for Custom installation (advanced) appears greyed-out with no description until the user clicks on it. When the user clicks on the second option, the Express (recommended) option remains in black type, unlike when the default option is selected.
As of 27 March 2013, PDFCreator version 1.6.2 includes "Trustworthy Toolbar", exhibiting the same description and greyed-out behavior as "Entrusted Toolbar".
Both of these awards predate the inclusion of the contested spyware.
See also 
- "What's new? - PDFCreator ChangeLog".
- "PDFCreator: Translations".
- "License". PDFForge. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "PDFCreator". PDFForge. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- jasonspiro (2011-05-31). "Ticket #19639: PDFCreator installer includes the closed-source "pdfforge Toolbar"". SourceForge issue tracker. Geeknet, Inc. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "PDFCreator: Features". 2013.
- asjones (November 2009). "Yahoo Toolbar - Installs Even if I Uncheck box". PDFCreator Forum. Archived from the original on 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "PDFCreator 1.2.3 installation screenshot". Archived from the original on 2012-07-16. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Jahwe2000 (2005-09-23). "PDFCreator 0.8.1 RC9 available". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Jahwe2000 (2008-09-19). "PDFCreator 0.9.6 released". Sourceforge. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Jahwe2000 (2009-02-04). "PDFCreator 0.9.7 released". Sourceforge. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Walker, KL (2009-05-18). "PDFCreator with PDFForge is causing havoc with toolbar install". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Raj, Victor (2009-03-17). "Malware — urlseek20.vmn.net". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Is the PDFCreator Toolbar Spyware?". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Heindörfer, Frank (2011-01-04). "/trunk/Setup/ToolbarForm.isd, revision 812". PDFCreator source code repository. lines 121–134. Retrieved 2013-02-24. The constant "ToolbarInstallToolbar" is defined in another file: Heindörfer, Frank. "/trunk/Setup/Language includes/english.inc, revision 859". PDFCreator source code repository. line 73. Retrieved 2013-02-24.)
- philip (2012-03-12). "PDFCreator 1.3.0 released". PDFForge. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "WOT Reputation Scorecard: sweetim.com". WOT Services. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Reviews for PDFCreator at SourceForge.net". Sourceforge. July 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- philip (2012-08-30). "PDFCreator 1.5.0 released". pdfforge.org. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- philip (2012-10-23). "PDFCreator 1.5.1 released". pdfforge.org. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Sean Doyle (2012-01-01). "What Is The isearch.claro-search Virus (Claro Search)?". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- philip (2013-01-14 18:36). "PDFCreator 1.6.2 released". pdfforge GmbH. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "PDFCreator 1.6.2 installation screenshot". Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "OpenCD 07.04". linuxdistributions.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Best of open source productivity apps: PDF creation". InfoWorld. 2008-07-30. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Dineley, Doug (2008-08-04). "Best of Open Source Software Awards 2008". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2013-02-24.