This page contains a list of user images about Saudi–Iraqi Neutral Zone which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Saudi–Iraqi Neutral Zone news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Saudi–Iraqi Neutral Zone Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
The Saudi–Iraqi neutral zone was an area of 7,044 km² on the border between Saudi Arabia and Iraq within which the border between the two countries had not been settled. The Treaty of Muhammarah (Khorramshahr) of 5 May 1922, forestalled the imminent conflict between the United Kingdom, which held the mandate for Iraq, and the Kingdom of Nejd, which later became Saudi Arabia (when combined with the Kingdom of Hejaz). The treaty specifically avoided defining boundaries. Following further negotiations, the Protocol of Uqair (Uqayr), 2 December 1922, defined most of the borders between them and created the neutral zone.
Administrative division of the zone was achieved in 1975, and a border treaty[clarification needed] concluded in 1981. For unknown reasons the treaty was not filed with the United Nations and nobody outside Iraq and Saudi Arabia was notified of the change or shown maps with details of the new boundary. As the Gulf War approached in early 1991, Iraq cancelled all international agreements with Saudi Arabia since 1968. Saudi Arabia responded by registering all previous boundary agreements negotiated with Iraq at the United Nations in June 1991. Thus ended the legal existence of the Saudi–Iraqi neutral zone.
Most official maps no longer show the diamond-shaped neutral zone, but rather draw the border line approximately through the centre of the territory. For example, the United States Office of the Geographer regarded the area as only having an approximate boundary, rather than a precise one.
The Saudi–Iraqi neutral zone formerly had the ISO 3166-1 codes NT and NTZ. These codes were discontinued in 1993. The FIPS 10-4 code for the Saudi–Iraqi neutral zone was IY; that code was deleted in 1992.
- Geography of Iraq
- Geography of Saudi Arabia
- Unification of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia – United Arab Emirates border dispute
- Saudi–Kuwaiti neutral zone
- Office of the Geographer (1971-06-01). "International Boundary Study: Iraq – Saudi Arabia Boundary". US Department of State. pp. 11–12. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Adams, Cecil (1991-02-01). "What's up with the "neutral zones" near Saudi Arabia?". The Straight Dope. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Directorate of Intelligence (1990). "The World Factbook 1990 - Iraq - Saudi Arabia Neutral Zone (mirror)". Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Schofield, Richard. "Arabian Boundary disputes, Archive Editions". Archive Editions. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Directorate of Intelligence (1991). "The World Factbook 1991 - Iraq - Saudi Arabia Neutral Zone (mirror)". Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Law, Gwillim. "ISO 3166-1 Change History". Statoids. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- Law, Gwillim. "FIPS PUB 10 Change History". Statoids. Retrieved 2007-01-29.