This page contains a list of user images about Thomas Perrelli which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Thomas Perrelli news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
http://manofsteel.com http://www.facebook.com/manofsteel In theaters June 14th. From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures comes "Man of Steel", starring Henry...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Please subscribe to my channel and my vlog channel! I make new videos here every Wednesday and make vlogs during my majestical daily life. JennaMarbles Jenna...
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
|Thomas J. Perrelli|
|Associate Attorney General of the United States|
March 12, 2009 – February 2012
|Preceded by||Kevin J. O'Connor|
March 12, 1966 |
Falls Church, Virginia
|Alma mater||Brown University (B.A.)
Harvard Law School (J.D.)
Thomas John Perrelli (born March 12, 1966) is an American lawyer and the former United States Associate Attorney General. He served as Associate Attorney General during the administration of President Barack Obama. Perrelli also served as Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the United States in the late 1990s.
Early life 
As a high school senior at W.T. Woodson HS, he was co-captain of the Fairfax All-County Math Team. He was a three time National Junior Classical League Certamen (Latin competition) champion. Also, his freshman year at Brown, 1984, he placed first in the annual William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition. He earned his A.B., magna cum laude in History from Brown University in 1988, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of The Critical Review, Brown's student publication of course evaluations. Perrelli graduated from Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, in 1991, where he was managing editor of the Harvard Law Review, working under Barack Obama, who was President of the Harvard Law Review at the time. Perrelli is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Virginia and District of Columbia courts and numerous other federal courts. Prior to joining Jenner & Block, in 1991-92, Perrelli clerked for the Honorable Royce C. Lamberth of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Jenner & Block 
Before joining the Obama administration, Perelli was managing partner of Jenner & Block's Washington office, Co-Chair of the firm's Entertainment and New Media Practice, and a member of the firm's Appellate and Supreme Court, Class Action Litigation, Health Care Law, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Media and First Amendment, and Telecommunications Practices. He was also a member of the firm's Management Committee. Perrelli concentrated his practice on copyright, media, and constitutional litigation, as well as complex litigation with a public policy or regulatory component. The National Law Journal once listed him among the nation's 40 most promising lawyers under 40 for exhibiting "extraordinary achievements" in his career.
Perrelli regularly represented the recording industry in intellectual property, technology, and anti-copyright-infringement litigation. He has represented the recording industry in a host of cases arising under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), as well as in copyright infringement and digital piracy litigation. Since his return to Jenner and Block in 2001, Perrelli has also represented Democratic voters and elected officials in redistricting litigation arising out of the 2000 Census.
Perrelli was previously an associate at Jenner & Block from 1992 to 1997.
Clinton administration 
In 1997, Perrelli left Jenner & Block to join the Department of Justice and served as counsel to Attorney General Janet Reno. He subsequently rose to Deputy Assistant Attorney General, supervising the Federal Programs Branch of the Civil Division, which represents virtually every federal agency in complex civil litigation. In that role, Perrelli led a staff of 100 attorneys charged with defending the constitutionality of federal statutes, defending federal agency action and regulations, representing the diplomatic and national security interests of the United States in courts of law, and conducting significant Title VII, personnel and social security litigation.
Perrelli also supervised the Justice Department's Tobacco Litigation Team in its litigation against the major cigarette manufacturers. In addition, he played a leading role on significant policy issues ranging from medical records privacy and the use of adjusted figures in the census to Indian gaming and legal ethics.
Obama administration 
On January 5, 2009, President-elect Barack Obama nominated Perrelli as the 18th Associate Attorney General of the United States. He was confirmed by the United States Senate in a 72-20 vote on March 12, 2009.
Mr. Perrelli ordered career attorneys in the Civil Rights Division to drop a civil case they had prepared (under the 1965 Voting Rights Act) against members of the New Black Panther Party for voter intimidation at Philadelphia polling places in the United States elections, 2008.
In February 2012, Perrelli resigned from his post as Associate Attorney General.
- "Defending Lanham Act Claims Against Expressive Works and Raising a Defense Based on the First Amendment," Media Law Resource Bulletin, January 2004
- "Piracy Battles Online," Copyright World, February 2003
- Deanne Maynard and Tom Perrelli, "9th Circuit Denies Dustin Hoffman's Publicity Claim," National Law Journal, C4, October 22, 2001
- Case Note, "Search and Seizure -- Suspicionless Drug Testing," 103 Harvard Law Review 592, 1989
- Case Comment, "Section 1983: Golden State Transit Corp. v. Los Angeles," 104 Harvard Law Review 339, 1990
- Source: David Goldsmith, 1984 Fairfax Co. Math Teammate, opposing Certamen competitor, and Brown Class of '88.
- "Thomas J. Perrelli - WhoRunsGov.com, a Wash Post Co". National Journal. Washington Post Company. Retrieved 2009-08-20. "Perrelli represented Michael Schiavo from 2003 to 2005, the husband of Terri Schiavo. He fought for and eventually won Michael’s right to decide the fate of his ailing wife."
- Lichtblau, Eric (January 5, 2009). "Obama Fills Top Justice Department Spots". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes - Nomination of Thomas Perrelli, senate.gov.
- Lucey, Catherine; Chris Brennan (January 8, 2009). "Feds Sue New Black Panthers Over Election Day Dispute". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved 2009-08-20. "Remember these guys from the Nov. 4 general election? The U.S. Department of Justice does. The feds sued the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense today, accusing the organization of attempting to intimidate voters. The Justice Department is asking a judge for an injunction to prevent future "deployment" of New Black Panther members at polling places during elections. You can read the Department's full press release after the jump."
- "Feds Suing "New Black Panther Party" for Philly Voter Intimidation". NBC (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). January 8, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-20. "The U.S. Justice Department is suing the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and three of its members over what authorities allege was Election Day voter intimidation in Philadelphia. The lawsuit filed Wednesday in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia alleges that two men intimidated voters Nov. 4 by standing outside a polling place at 1221 Fairmount Avenue wearing party uniforms. A video of the men, one holding a police-style baton weapon, was widely distributed on the Internet. The video can be seen below."
- Seper, Jerry (July 30, 2009). "EXCLUSIVE: No. 3 at Justice OK'd Panther reversal. Case involved polling place in Philadelphia.". Washington Times. Retrieved 2009-08-20. "Associate Attorney General Thomas J. Perrelli, the No. 3 official in the Obama Justice Department, was consulted and ultimately approved a decision in May to reverse course and drop a civil complaint accusing three members of the New Black Panther Party of intimidating voters in Philadelphia during November's election, according to interviews. The department's career lawyers in the Voting Section of the Civil Rights Division who pursued the complaint for five months had recommended that Justice seek sanctions against the party and three of its members after the government had already won a default judgment in federal court against the men. Front-line lawyers were in the final stages of completing that work when they were unexpectedly told by their superiors in late April to seek a delay after a meeting between political appointees and career supervisors, according to federal records and interviews."
- "Jenner & Block LLP - THOMAS J. PERRELLI". Archived from Jenner & Block biography the original on 2007-10-12.
- NJCL Certamen Hall of Fame
Kevin J. O'Connor
|United States Associate Attorney General
2009 – 2012
Tony West (attorney)