This page contains a list of user images about Tony Dekker which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Tony Dekker news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
http://manofsteel.com http://www.facebook.com/manofsteel In theaters June 14th. From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures comes "Man of Steel", starring Henry...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
Music video by Rihanna performing We Ride. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Please subscribe to my channel and my vlog channel! I make new videos here every Wednesday and make vlogs during my majestical daily life. JennaMarbles Jenna...
BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES: http://bit.ly/POKEMONbloopers DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZqR5 CHECK OUT THIS POKESMOSH SHIRT: http://smo.sh/YMRJ5e COLLECT...
|Great Lake Swimmers|
Performing at the Burlington Sound of Music festival
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Genres||Folk rock, Indie|
|Associated acts||Siskiyou, Barzin, Audiotransparent, Julie Fader, The Roaring Girl Cabaret|
|Past members||Darcy Yates
The current touring line-up includes Tony Dekker on lead vocals, acoustic guitar and harmonica, Erik Arnesen on banjo, electric guitar and harmonium, Greg Millson on drums, Bret Higgins on upright bass and Miranda Mulholland on violin and backing vocals. Past members included Julie Fader, now a solo singer-songwriter, on backing vocals, Sandro Perri on guitar, and Colin Huebert, now associated with the band Siskiyou, on drums.
The band's style has been compared to Red House Painters, Nick Drake, Iron & Wine and Neil Young, as well as Will Oldham (Bonnie "Prince" Billy) and Sufjan Stevens. Dekker has said his influences include Gram Parsons and Hank Williams.
|“||Music is interesting because it brings people together, and the more that I do this the more I realize the importance to that.||”|
—Tony Dekker, Great Lake Swimmers
The band released its third full-length album, Ongiara, on March 27, 2007 in Canada and in May for the rest of the world. Although signing to Nettwerk early in 2007, Great Lake Swimmers continue to be managed by (weewerk). In September 2007, (weewerk) released a limited edition vinyl version of Ongiara. It was available in Australia through native indie label Speak N Spell.
Their fourth album, Lost Channels, was released on March 31, 2009. It was shortlisted for the 2009 Polaris Music Prize, and was nominated for a Juno Award, in the category of Roots & Traditional Album of the Year – Group, and a Canadian Folk Music Award.
In 2009 Great Lake Swimmers took part in an interactive documentary series called City Sonic. The series, which featured 20 Toronto artists, had Tony Dekker talk about his daily underground commute along Toronto’s subway system. In 2011, Dekker participated in the documentary series National Parks Project, visiting Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Nova Scotia with filmmaker Keith Behrman and musicians Daniela Gesundheit and Old Man Luedecke.
The band's fifth studio album, New Wild Everywhere, was released on April 3, 2012. The band also composed an instrumental soundtrack for photographer Ian Coristine's One in a Thousand, an e-book of photography from the Thousand Islands region of Ontario, also released in April 2012.
- Great Lake Swimmers (weewerk, 2003)
- Bodies and Minds (weewerk, 2005)
- Ongiara (Nettwerk, 2007)
- Lost Channels (Nettwerk, 2009)
- New Wild Everywhere (Nettwerk, 2012)
- Hands in Dirty Ground (weewerk, 2006)
- Live at the Church of the Redeemer (Nettwerk, 2007)
- The Legion Sessions (Nettwerk, 2009)
|2005||"To Leave It Behind"||×||Bodies and Minds|
|"Bodies and Minds"||×|
|2007||"Your Rocky Spine"||×||Ongiara|
|"Backstage with the Modern Dancers"||×|
|2009||"Pulling on a Line"||×||Lost Channels|
|2012||"Easy Come Easy Go"||28||New Wild Everywhere|
|"The Great Exhale"||×|
|"—" denotes a release that did not chart.
"×" denotes periods where charts did not exist or were not archived.
- See You on the Moon! (2005): "See You on the Moon!"
- The Sound the Hare Heard (2006): "Where in the World Are You"
- Borrowed Tunes II: A Tribute to Neil Young (2007): "Don't Cry No Tears"
- Peace on Earth (2007): "Gonna Make It Thru This Year"
- Northern Songs: Canada's Best and Brightest (2008): "Your Rocky Spine"
- (weewerk) is 6! (2008): "Song for the Angels (Miracle Version)", "Gonna Make It Thru This Year". (Dekker also appears as a guest musician on tracks by Audiotransparent, Julie Fader and United Steel Workers of Montreal.)
- Friends in Bellwoods II (2009): "Send Me a Letter"
- Introducing Townes Van Zandt via the Great Unknown (2009): "Our Mother the Mountain"
- A Country Blues Christmas: The 2010 Zunior Holiday Album (2010): "When the Snow Starts to Fall"
- Paint it Black: An Alt-Country Tribute to the Rolling Stones (2011): "Before They Make Me Run"
- Have Not Been the Same - Vol. 1: Too Cool to Live, Too Smart to Die (2011): "What Was Going Through My Head" (The Grapes of Wrath cover)
- This is not like home (Silver Road, 2007)
- Your Rocky Spine (Weeds, 3x06 Grasshopper, 2007)
- Passenger Song (Numb3rs, 5x08 Thirty-Six Hours, 2008)
- Song Sung Blue (original film score, weewerk, 2008)
- There Is a Light (The Light of Family Burnam, 2008)
- I Could Be Nothing (Personal Effects), 2010)
- Leave It Behind (Personal Effects), 2010)
In 2006, the band released a "digital box set" on Zunior, consisting of their first two albums, the limited edition Hands in Dirty Ground EP, several digital tour photos and the video for their song "To Leave It Behind" on a 512 MB USB flash drive.
In 2008, Dekker appeared on Jenny Omnichord's album Charlotte or Otis: Duets for Children, Their Parents and Other People Too, performing a duet vocal on the song "Do You Know Karate".
In 2009 the band released a limited double 7" vinyl split single with the Dutch band Audiotransparent. This release includes a cover of the Elvis Presley classic "Don't Be Cruel" and the original song "Send Me a Letter". Dekker and Arnesen also appear on the Audiotransparent song "You Are a Movie".
In 2010, the band contributed four tracks to the online music community Swim Drink Fish Music, including live versions of their songs "Your Rocky Spine", "I Could Be Nothing" and "Everything Is Moving So Fast" and a previously unreleased track, "Ballad of a Fisherman's Wife".
The song "Moving Pictures Silent Films" was featured in the August 8, 2011 episode of Warehouse 13, entitled "3...2...1..."
Canadian Indie Awards 
|2010||Great Lake Swimmers||Favourite Folk/Roots Artist/Group||Won|
- Van Evra, Jennifer. "Songs to dive into", The Globe and Mail, 2007-03-30, p. R4.
- "Inspired by nature to pen songs", Evening Chronicle, 2007-04-11, p. 2.
- Wilson, Carl. "Pop", The Globe and Mail, 2003-01-18, p. R20.
- Pidd, Helen. "Review: Pop: The Great Lake Swimmers", The Guardian, 2007-05-04, p. 42.
- McDowell, Adam. "Still learning to swim", National Post, 2005-04-02, p. TO4.
- Magazine Billys Bunker Interview Tony Dekker
- Polaris Music Prize – The 2009 Short List
- Great Lake Swimmers: "Easy Come Easy Go". Exclaim!, January 9, 2012.
- "Great Lake Swimmers Pen Original Score for New E-Book". Exclaim!, March 14, 2012.
- Jessica Lewis (March 15, 2010). "Constantines, Joel Plaskett, Metric, Great Lake Swimmers Honoured at CMW Indie Awards". Exclaim.