This page contains a list of user images about Tranås Municipality which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Tranås Municipality news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Tranås Municipality Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Rihanna performing Unfaithful. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group #VEVOCertified on Feb. 15, 2012. http://vevo.com/certified http://youtu...
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
|— Municipality —|
|• Total||439.76 km2 (169.79 sq mi)|
|• Land||404.79 km2 (156.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||34.97 km2 (13.50 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2010.|
|Population (June 30, 2012)|
|• Density||41/km2 ( 110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The original entity Tranås was detached from the rural municipality Säby as a market town (köping) in 1882 and made a city in 1919. The reunification took place in 1951 when Säby was made a part of Tranås. In 1967 Linderås was amalgamated with the City of Tranås, which in 1971 was made a municipality of unitary type when all differences between rural and urban municipalities were abolished.
There are 3 urban areas (also called a Tätort or locality) in Tranås Municipality.
In the table the localities are listed according to the size of the population as of December 31, 2005. The municipal seat is in bold characters.
General information 
Famous citizens 
- Lennart Hyland, renowned sports commentator and host for several radio- and TV-shows, born in Tranås city.
- Ove Fundin, worldchampion in speedway, also born in Tranås city.
- Johanna Westman, host on SVT, author of cook- and children's books.
- Richard Carlsohn, musical theatre performer.
- Magnus Svensson, by far the best hockey player from Tranås, has played hundreds of times in Swedens national team, Tre Kronor, and was the best goal scorer in World Cup 1994. Also won Olympic Gold medal 1994. Played most of his career in Leksands IF but also made a couple of seasons in the NHL with Florida Panthers.
- Tranås FF is the city's football team.
- Tranås Bois have played in bandy allsvenskan.
- Tranås AIF is the city's pride when it comes to ice hockey. The team currently resides in Division one.
- Tranås Baseboll is the city's pride when it comes to baseball.
- Tranås Golfklubb is the city's Golf Club with a well known course.
News magazines 
- Tranås Utbildningscentrum, Community Centre of Higher Education and Professional Skills.
- Holavedsskolan, gymnasium. The name originates from Holaveden, the forest which acts like a border between Småland and Östergötland.
Tranås was once well known for its fur industry, but there is almost no such activity today.
Music plays an important part of everyday life in Tranås. There are bands such as Rövsvett, El Scorschos, The Trick and Feel Flows. Tranås as a town still holds itself in high esteem since winning the annual national award as "music municipal of the year", despite the politicians trying their best to shut down important meeting places like Sobelhuset and be very anti-rock band in their stance.
Nowadays the best known band from Tranås is The Bombdolls, a punk rock band that regularly tours in Sweden and Germany.