This page contains a list of user images about Wine Spectator which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Wine Spectator news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Wine Spectator Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Go to RoosterTeeth.com for all of season 8 of RvB!
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
Win Free Tickets + VIP Meet & Greets: http://smarturl.it/BATour iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BAiTunes Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BoyceCCV2bSpotify - - - - - -...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Tweet! http://bit.ly/TqQ3oP Illegal street racers take on the law in the world's most intense police chase! Sort of. Special thanks to Rob and Big as well as...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
|Managing editor||Kim Marcus|
|Frequency||15 issues per year|
|First issue||April 1, 1976|
|Company||M. Shanken Communications|
|Based in||New York City|
Wine Spectator is a lifestyle magazine that focuses on wine and wine culture. It publishes 15 issues per year with content that includes news, articles, profiles, and general entertainment pieces. Each issue also includes from 400 to more than 1,000 wine reviews, which consist of wine ratings and tasting notes.
Among the critics in the magazine's tasting panel are James Molesworth, Kim Marcus, Bruce Sanderson, Harvey Steiman, James Laube and from 1981 to 2010, James Suckling. Like most other major wine publications, the magazine rates wine on a 50-100 scale. Thomas Matthews is the executive editor.
Background and history 
Founded as a San Diego-based tabloid newspaper by Bob Morrisey in 1976, Wine Spectator was purchased three years later by current publisher and editor Marvin R. Shanken. That year, its panel of experts blind tasted and reviewed over 12,400 wines.
In 1981 the magazine introduced its Restaurant Awards program, which reviews restaurant wine lists on three levels: the Award of Excellence (basic), Best of Award of Excellence (second-tier), and the Grand Award (highest). As of 2009 over 3,500 restaurants held one of these awards.
The magazine organized and sponsored the Wine Spectator Wine Tasting of 1986 on the tenth anniversary of the "Judgment of Paris".
In 2008 the magazine was ranked by the Luxury Institute as the #1 business and consumer publication among wealthy readers.
Other activities 
Wine Spectator operates the Wine Experience, a yearly event that includes wine tastings and seminars. In 2009 over 1,000 people attended in New York City where 335 different wines were poured.
The magazine also runs the Wine Spectator Scholarship Foundation, which has raised more than $10.9 million to support wine and food education and scholarship programs.
The magazine's Restaurant Awards program has since come under some criticism. At the August 2008 conference of the American Association of Wine Economists in Portland, Oregon, a hoax exposé submission of the fictitious restaurant Osteria L’Intrepido was revealed by the author and Fearless Critic founder Robin Goldstein: he had won an Award of Excellence for a restaurant that didn't exist and whose "reserve wine list" was full of the lowest-rated Italian wines in history. He stated the exposé to be part of research for an academic paper, whose aim was to discover what it takes for a restaurant's wine list to receive an award from the magazine. With nearly 4,500 restaurant applications, the magazine earns over $1 million each year from submission fees. Editor Thomas Matthews published an official response on the magazine's forum site.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Wine Spectator". Kosher Register. Retrieved September 10 , 2012.
- winespectator.com How We Taste
- Wine Spectator (July 14, 2010). Senior Editor James Suckling Retires from Wine Spectator
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (July 15, 2010). Shock as Suckling leaves Wine Spectator
- Rivlin, Gary, New York Times (August 14, 2006). "Wine-rating system is not improving with age".
- Laube, James, Wine Spectator (March 28, 2005). Bob Morrisey, Wine Spectator Founder, Dies
- winespectator.com About the awards
- mshanken.com Wine Spectator
- winespectator.com 2009 New York Wine Experience
- Hesser, Amanda, The New York Times (July 9, 2003). "A Wine Award That Seems Easy To Come By".
- Bonné, Jon, San Francisco Chronicle: The Sipping News (August 21, 2008). "Awards: 'Hoax' on the Wine Spectator". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- blindtaste.com What does it take to get a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence?
- Mitham, Peter, Wines & Vines (August 19, 2008). "Economists Question Real Value of Wine".
- Hirsch, Jerry, Los Angeles Times (August 22, 2008). "Wine Spectator drinks a hearty glass of blush".
- Yarrow, Alder, Vinography.com (August 19, 2008). "Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards Exposed as a Total Farce".
- Coleman, Tyler, Dr. Vino (August 19, 2008). "Fictitious restaurant wins Wine Spectator Award of Excellence".
- Bone, James, The Times (August 23, 2008). "The wine had a whiff of the barnyard . . . hoax review leaves noses out of joint". London.
- Milmo, Cahal, The Independent (August 23, 2008). "Honour for restaurant that doesn't exist". London.
- Matthews, Thomas, forums.winespectator.com (August 20, 2008) Wine Spectator Has Been Scammed
- Ozersky, Josh, New York Magazine (August 21, 2008). "'Wine Spectator' Forum a Hotbed of Non-Controversy".