This page contains a list of user images about Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
I'm just a guy from Sweden who likes to laugh and make other people laugh. Sharing gaming moments on YouTube with my bros! Why not join us? :D Become a bro t...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Music video by Rihanna performing Disturbia. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 48070735. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
Early life 
Panofsky was born the son of renowned art historian Erwin Panofsky in Berlin, Germany. He received his bachelor's degree from Princeton University in 1938 and obtained his PhD from Caltech in 1942. Around this time (in 1942), he became a U.S. citizen.
Academic career 
From 1945 to 1951, Panofsky held an assistant and then associate professorship at the University of California, Berkeley, before permanently establishing himself as Professor of Physics at Stanford University. Between 1961 and 1984, he was the director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and continued to serve as director emeritus. He was also on the Board of Directors of the Arms Control Association from 1996 until 1999 and remained a director emeritus until his death.
Panofsky was a member of the Board of Sponsors of The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists and won the Matteucci Medal in 1996 for his fundamental contributions to physics. He was also a recipient of the National Medal of Science, the Franklin Medal (1970), the Ernest O. Lawrence Medal, the Leo Szilard Award and the Enrico Fermi Award.
During his college days, Panofsky was called "Pief" by fellow students who found his full name unpronounceable. The childhood nickname seemed to suit the ebullient physicist, and it stayed with him throughout his long life. A street in the area of the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, is named "Panofsky Lane".
- Franklin Medal (1970)
See also 
- Obituary in The New York Times
- Obituary in The Times, 2 October 2007
- W.K.H. Panofsky's SLAC web page
- SLAC Archives and History Office Panofsky web page
- July 2006 Interview with Dr. Panofsky (PDF)
- Peace talk: My life negotiating science and policy by W. K. H. Panofsky (PDF)
- Oral history interview transcript with Wolfgang K.H. Panofsky 15 May 1973, American Institute of Physics, Niels Bohr Library & Archives
- SLAC Director's Office
- Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky — Biographical Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences
- Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky, Particles and Policy, American Institute of Physics, 1994. ISBN 1-56396-247-0
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, Board of Sponsors page (last accessed August 12, 2007).
- Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky, "Panofsky ofn Physics, Politics and Peace: Pief Remembers", Contributing Editor Jean Marie Deken, Springer, 2007. ISBN 978-0-387-69731-4
- Wolfgang Panofsky, Renowned Stanford Physicist and Arms Control Advocate, Dead at 88 September 25, 2007
1961 – 1984
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|