This page contains a list of user images about Chase Jarvis which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Chase Jarvis news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Chase Jarvis Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
|Occupation||Photographer, Director, Author, Entrepreneur|
Early life 
Jarvis was born in Seattle, Washington on July 18th, 1971. His father was a Seattle Police Department officer, and his mother was an administrator at a biotech company. He attended San Diego State University on a soccer scholarship, receiving a B.A. in Philosophy.
Initially, Jarvis planned to attend medical school after university. A few weeks before graduating, Jarvis’s grandfather died and left all his photography equipment to his grandson. Jarvis subsequently went on a post-college trip through Europe and discovered his passion for photography. He is self-taught, and has learned photography through experimenting and independent study.
In 1994, Jarvis moved to Steamboat Springs, Colorado with his girlfriend, where he began shooting photos of pro snowboarders and skiers. Jarvis licensed his first image for $50 and a pair of skis. Realizing that photography was more lucrative and fulfilling than waiting tables, Jarvis continued to pursue photography while studying Philosophy and Art at the University of Washington’s MA/PhD program. One quarter before completing his Master’s degree, Jarvis licensed a batch of his photos to REI that allowed him to leave academia and open his own studio, Chase Jarvis Photography.
Since opening his own studio, which currently has 8 employees, Jarvis has photographed for Volvo, Nike, Apple, Microsoft, Columbia Sportswear, REI, Honda, Subaru, Polaroid, Lady Gaga, and Red Bull. He is known for his kinetic style and emphasis on lifestyle, sports, and landscape photo imagery and his photography sells from anywhere between $50 to $50,000. In 2007, Chase Jarvis filed a lawsuit against K2 Sports for copyright infringement and won. Jarvis is also a keynote speaker, and has made speeches at conferences including PDN Photo Plus Expo, Photokina, and the Sundance Film Festival.
In 2010, Jarvis released his second book, Seattle 100, which is a collection of black and white portraits and biographies of people defining Seattle’s culture. The proceeds of the book were donated to charity. Also in 2010, Jarvis launched creativeLIVE, which offers free online classes in photography, programming, image editing, design, and fine arts. Jarvis is also an angel investor; in 2011, he invested in Trippy, a social travel site.
On May 11, 2011 Jarvis installed Dasein: An Invitation to Hang in the lobby of the Ace Hotel in New York City. Over 10,000 submissions from around the world were part of Jarvis’ art installation.
Best Camera 
In 2009, Jarvis released a picture-editing iPhone app called Best Camera. With Best Camera, users can apply 14 different filters to images shot with their iPhone and then share those images directly with Facebook, Twitter, and TheBestCamera.com. The Best Camera app was named to Wired’s Top 20 iPhone Apps of 2009, Macworld’s Best Photo App, and one of Philip W. Schiller’s—an Apple executive—favorite apps. Additionally, Jarvis published a companion book, called The Best Camera Is The One That’s With You, which features photographs taken with his iPhone.
Chase Jarvis Live 
In June 2011 Jarvis and his team broadcast the first episode of Chase Jarvis Live via Ustream. The purpose of the series is to broadcast interviews and conduct Q & As with professionals the audience might find useful, such as other professional photographers, art directors and authors. Interviews are first broadcast live via Ustream and later uploaded to YouTube. To date Jarvis has interviewed dozens of people including the likes of Tim Ferris and Guy Kawasaki. Chase Jarvis Live is now sponsored by companies such as B&H Photo Video, Polaroid Corporation and Hewlett-Packard.
Jarvis is the youngest person to be named Hasselblad Master, Nikon Master, and ASMP Master. In 2008, Jarvis’s Kung Fu HD series received first place in the Special Effects category at the International Photography Awards. The Best Camera app also won the Adorama Photography Award at the APPOS Awards.
- The Best Camera Is The One That’s With You (2009)
- Seattle 100 (2010)
See also 
- Goldman, Joshua. Ultimate iPhone Photography App?. CNET. September 30, 2009.
- Borkowski, Matt. The Media Empire of Chase Jarvis. Resource Magazine. Fall 2011.
- Margolies, Nicko. Best Camera Iphone App By Chase Jarvis. PSFK. September 23, 2009.
- Chase Jarvis Biography. Stevens Pass.
- Beason, Tyrone. Photographer Chase Jarvis Aims to make Artists of us All. Seattle Times. July 25, 2010.
- Dizon, Kristen. Chase Jarvis: Global Icons Through The Camera’s Eye. Seattle Pi. April 27, 2007.
- Hartley, Darleen. Polaroid Hires Gaga and Jarvis to Oversee Products, Hip Gear Looms. Bright Side of News. January 8, 2011.
- Polaroid announces collaboration with visionary photographer and director Chase Jarvis. Polaroid Press. January 7, 2011.
- Appeals Court Confirms Photographer's Rights in Case. Imaging Info. May 23, 2007.
- Chase Jarvis LIVE: Photo Plus Expo Keynote (with special guests) YouTube. November 2, 2010.
- Highlights from Photokina 2010. “I Am Nikon”. September 29, 2010.
- G-Tech Panel: Creativity and Social Media @ Sundance. YouTube. January 26, 2010.
- New Chase Jarvis Book Seattle. Aperture Land. September 2, 2010.
- Garner, James Ross. Northwest Exposure. Seattle Met.
- Jarvis, Chase (2010). Seattle 100: Portrait of a City (Voices That Matter). New Riders Press. ISBN 0-321-74372-5.
- Golijan, Rosa. Master Programming, Painting, Photography, and Photoshop for Free. Gizmodo. April 8, 2010.
- Lacy, Sarah. Disrupt Alum Trippy Raises $1.75 Million Thanks to Ribs and Fried Chicken. TechCrunch. November 15th, 2011.
- New Project Includes You + Me — “Dasein: an Invitation To Hang”. ChaseJarvis.com. May 12, 2011.
- Dasein - An Invitation to Hang.
- Chase Jarvis “Dasein: An Invitation to Hang” At Ace Hotel NYC. Juxtapoz. June 10, 2011.
- iTunes.apple.com Best Camera.
- Fairle, Rick. Bringing Big Smiles to iPhone Shutterbugs. New York Times. November 25, 2009.
- iPhone Photography Collection By a Real Photographer. Gizmodo. October 8, 2009.
- Bly, Laura. Great Travel Apps For Smartphones. USA Today. April 9, 2010.
- Sorrell, Charlie. Best Camera: “Like Photoshop For Iphone”. “Wired”. September 23, 2009.
- Graham, Jefferson. Tiny cameras can take surprisingly good photos. USA Today. June 2, 2010.
- Chen, Brian X. Wired’s 20 Favorite iPhone Apps of 2009. Wired. December 28, 2009.
- Macworld's 2009 App Gems Awards. Macworld. December 15, 2009.
- What’s On Phil Schiller’s iPhone?. The New York Times. December 5, 2009.
- Rowse, Darren. Chase Jarvis Releases The Best Camera Book Community and iPhone App. Digital Photography School. September 27, 2009.
- First Chase Jarvis Live Episode. YouTube, June 11, 2010.
- Tim Ferris on Chase Jarvis Live. YouTube, August 18, 2011.
- Guy Kawasaki on Chase Jarvis Live. YouTube, March 28, 2012.
- See latest videos for sponsors. YouTube
- Chase Jarvis Press. Chase Jarvis. September 5, 2008.
- Best Cam Wins Adorama Photography Award. Ubermind. Tuesday, June 29th, 2010