This page contains a list of user images about Infosys Narayanamurthy Speech which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Infosys Narayanamurthy Speech news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Infosys Narayanamurthy Speech Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|N. R. Narayana Murthy|
Speaking at Horasis Global China Business Meeting 2006
20 August 1946 |
Mysore, Karnataka, India
|Alma mater||University of Mysore
|Occupation||Chairman Emeritus, Infosys|
|Net worth||$1.55 billion (2013)|
Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy, better known as N. R. Narayana Murthy, is an Indian businessman and co-founder of Infosys. Murthy started Infosys in 1981 and served as its CEO from 1981 to 2002. From 2002 to 2011, he served as the Chairman. In 2011, he stepped down from the board and became Chairman Emeritus.
Early life and career 
Murthy was born in in Mysore, Karnataka. He graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from the National Institute of Engineering, University of Mysore in 1967. He received his master's degree from IIT Kanpur in 1969.
Murthy worked at IIM Ahmedabad as chief systems programmer. He started a company named Softronics. When that company failed after about a year and a half, he joined Patni Computer Systems in Pune.
Murthy founded Infosys in 1981 with an initial capital injection of Rs 10,000, which was invested by his wife Sudha Murthy. Murthy served as the CEO of Infosys for 21 years and was succeeded by co-founder Nandan Nilekani in 2002. At Infosys he articulated, designed and implemented the Global Delivery Model for IT services outsourcing from India. He held the executive position of Chairman of the Board from 2002 to 2006, when he became the "non-executive" Chairman of the Board and Chief Mentor. In August 2011, he retired completely from the company and taking the title Chairman Emeritus.
He also serves as a member of the advisory boards and councils of several educational and philanthropic institutions, including Cornell University, INSEAD, ESSEC, Ford Foundation, the UN Foundation, the Indo-British Partnership, Asian Institute of Management, a trustee of the Infosys Prize, and as a trustee of the Rhodes Trust  that manages the Rhodes Scholarship. He is also the Chairman of the Governing board of Public Health Foundation of India  He also serves on the Asia Pacific Advisory Board of British Telecommunications. In 2005 he co-chaired the World Economic Forum in Davos. He also received an honorary degree from Lancaster University
Personal life 
Awards and honours 
|2013||Sayaji Ratna Award (announced)||Baroda Management Association, Vadodara|||
|2013||Philanthropist of the Year||The Asian Awards|||
|2012||Hoover Medal||American Society of Mechanical Engineers|||
|2011||NDTV Indian of the Year's Icon of India||NDTV|||
|2010||IEEE Honorary Membership||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.|||
|2009||Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship||Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars|||
|2008||Padma Vibhushan||President of India|||
|2008||Officer of the Legion of Honor||Government of France|||
|2007||Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)||Government of United Kingdom|||
|2007||IEEE Ernst Weber Engineering Leadership Recognition||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers|||
|2000||Padma Shri||President of India|||
- "Narayana Murthy to retire in August". The Economic Times. 22 May 2006. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "N.R. Narayana Murthy & family". Forbes. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "India Today 2005 Power List". Indiatoday.com. 21 February 2005. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Murthy to join HSBC board, to get over Rs 50 lakh annual fee". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 4 March 2008. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "485 Interview with N.R. Narayana Murthy". India-seminar.com. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Roy, Prannoy (29 March 2008). "An Interview With Narayana Murthy". maheshone. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Infosys Announces Leadership Succession". Infosys. 30 April 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Infosys Chairman Narayana Murthy Steps Down". yentha.com. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Non-Executive Chairman - MSN Report.
- "Infosys chairman Narayana Murthy calls it a day". The Times of India. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Friday farewell: Narayana Murthy logs out of Infosys". IBNLive. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Bloomberg Businessweek profile - N. R. Narayana Murthy CBE
- "The Rhodes Trust and Trustees - The Rhodes Trust". Rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Narayana Murthyto chair PHFI". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 12 July 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "United Nations Foundation - N. R. Narayana Murthy (India)". Unfoundation.org. 20 August 1946. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "How to build a great company". Rediff.com. 31 January 2005. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Venkatesha Babu (18 December 2009"Gururaj Deshpande - The serial entrepreneur". Mint (HT Media Ltd). Retrieved 22 March 2011.).
- BMA to honour Narayana murthy The Times of India 11-Mar-2013
- Winners at the Asian Awards
- "Infosys founder Narayana Murthy receives 2012 Hoover Medal". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "NDTV Indian of the Year 2011". ndtv.com. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "IEEE Honorary Membership Recipients". IEEE. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Wilson Center Awards Dinner in New Delhi, India". Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "Padma Vibhushan Awardees - Padma Awards - My India, My Pride - Know India: National Portal of India". India.gov.in. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Naryanamurthy receive highest civilian honour of France". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 January 2008.
- "British Honorary Awards".
- "IEEE Ernst Weber Engineering Leadership Recognition Recipients". IEEE. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- "N.R. Narayana Murthy | Infosys | Catamaran Fund | Personalities –". Karnataka.com. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
Further reading 
- Murthy, N. R. Narayana (2009). A Better India, A Better World. Penguin Books. p. 290. ISBN 978-0-670-08283-4.