This page contains a list of user images about Lives which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Lives news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Russian Roulette. (C) 2009 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
Music video by Rihanna performing We Ride. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
For you nosy people, this is the reason why Selena Gomez broke up with Justin Bieber. Get the song on iTunes: http://bit.ly/T74XEZ Andy Lange produced the mu...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
DOWNLOAD this SONG: http://bit.ly/epicrap2 NEW vader hitler shirts: http://bit.ly/KduR3Q Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/53mUe Beat By: Vandali...
Its a simple math equation really... Click to see Bloopers and The making of this video here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccOGxj27J8 Follow me on TWITTE...
Download the song! http://bit.ly/TATnl0 The people involved: TryHardNinja - Usher's vocals: http://www.youtube.com/user/TryHardNinja Doc Exx - audio producti...
Please remember to rate/favorite :) Download the song for free: http://www.mediafire.com/?255z410qb3rf0xj TryHardNinja (Igor) - Vocals: http://www.youtube.co...
|Developer(s)||Gabriel Finch (Salsaman)|
|Stable release||1.3.12 / December 10, 2011|
|Preview release||2.0.4 / May 5, 2013|
|Written in||C, Perl, Python|
|Operating system||BSD, IRIX, Linux, and Solaris|
|Available in||Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Simplified Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Occitan, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Telugu, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur, Uzbek.|
|License||GNU General Public License version 3 or higher.|
LiVES (LiVES Editing System) (pron.: //) is a free video editing software and VJ tool, released under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later. There are binary versions available for most popular Linux distributions (including Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian, Fedora, Suse, Slackware, Arch Linux and Mandriva). There are also ports for BSD, and it will run under Solaris and IRIX. It has been compiled under OSX Leopard, but not thoroughly tested on that platform
The main developer of LiVES is Gabriel Finch (a.k.a Salsaman), who is also a video artist and international VJ.
The project began in late 2002, and the 1.0.0 version was released in July 2009.
LiVES was nominated for the category of Best Project for Multimedia in the Sourceforge Community Choice Awards 2009.
The LiVES application allows the user to manipulate video in realtime and in non-realtime. The application also has features which go beyond traditional video editing applications - for example, it can be controlled and monitored remotely over a network, and it has facilities for streaming to and from another copy of LiVES. It is resolution and frame rate independent.
LiVES has two main interfaces: the clip editor, which serves as a repository of video and audio material, and the multitrack window, where multiple clips can be positioned on the timeline.
The clip editor allows free playback at variable play rates, applying of multiple realtime effects and mixing of clips. This mode is mainly used by VJs. Video editors can also use this interface to prepare the clips before entering into multitrack mode.
In multitrack mode, the individual clips can be arranged in layers on the timeline. Further effects and transitions can be applied here, and the audio can be mixed down. The entire timeline can then be rendered, creating a new clip.
Rendering previews are shown in real time.
LiVES' features include:
- Loading and editing of almost any video format (via mplayer decoder).
- Some formats can be opened instantly using decoder plugins (e.g. flv, asf, dv, webm and ogg/theora).
- Smooth playback at variable frame rates, forward and in reverse. Display framerate can be controlled independently of playback framerate.
- Frame accurate cutting and pasting within and between clips.
- Saving/re-encoding of clips, selections, and individual frames.
- Lossless backup/restore.
- Streaming input and output.
- Real time blending of clips (various chroma and luma blends).
- Can handle in/out streams in LiVES to LiVES or yuv4mpeg format. Streams can be piped from stdout into other applications.
- Support for live firewire and TV card inputs.
- Internal support for RGB24, RGBA32, YUVA, YUV, YUV422, YUV420 (jpeg and mpeg), YUYV, YUV411, and UYVY palettes; one step conversion with chroma super and subsampling is implemented.
- Ability to edit many filetypes and sources including remotely located files (with mplayer/ffmpeg libraries), and directories of images (rotoscoping).
- Real time capture/recording of interactive (via mouseclicks) external windows.
- Encode to any of the 50+ output formats which are now supported (e.g. mjpeg, mpeg4, mpeg1/2, h264, webm, VCD, SVCD, DVD, x264/blu-ray, ogg/mp4 ogm, Matroska mkv, dv, swf, Ogg Theora, Dirac, MNG, Snow, xvid, Flash and even animated GIF and PDF)
- Resampling of video (time stretching) to any frame rate (1 to 200 frame/s - accurate to 8 decimal places); option to auto-resample or speed up/slow down between clips.
- Rotation, resizing and trimming of video clips.
- Deinterlacing, subtitle removal. Auto deinterlacing for dv can be enabled.
- Can load mp3, vorbis, mod, it, xm and wav audio files.
- LiVES can also load audio tracks directly off CD to use with video.
- Sample accurate cutting and pasting of audio within and between clips.
- Resampling of audio (rate, channels, sample size, signedness and endianness); audio is auto-resampled between clips.
- Able to record from any external audio source.
- Fade in/fade out feature for clips.
- Audio speed and direction can be smoothly adjusted; both in real time and when rendering.
- Hundreds of effects, including random/targeted zooming, panning of video, colour cycling and colorisation/colour filtering and colour correction.
- LADSPA support for audio effects.
- Merging/compositing of frames is possible: e.g. frame-in-frame, fade in/out and transparency.
- Real time previews as the effect is processing.
- Support for the Frei0r 1.1 and 1.2 effect plugin architectures.
- Multiple real time effects are possible during playback (VJ mode), these can also be rendered to frames.
- Multitrack window with drag and drop
- Intelligent screen organisation - shows you only the information which is relevant, no more and no less
- Support for an almost limitless number of tracks and effects
- Non-destructive editing in the multitrack window, with multiple levels of undo/redo.
- Full automation/interpolation of effect parameters.
- Support for stereo backing audio track + stereo audio track per video track
- Automatic gain control
- Realtime mixing/previewing of audio
- Channel mixer volume control + fine grained, time variable per-channel volume and pan control.
- Auto-transitioning of audio with video.
- Auto-transitioning of video in multitrack mode (optional).
- Full crash recovery.
- Configurable multi-monitor screen placement.
- Simple and intuitive menu layout.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Remote monitoring and control (via Open Sound Control) of the application can be enabled
- VJ functions can be controlled via keyboard, joystick or MIDI controller
- I18N text support. Translations into at least French, Czech, German, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Hungarian, Slovak, Simplified Chinese, Finnish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Estonian, Uzbek and Hebrew are included.
- Support for audio output through pulse audio.
- Support for audio output through jack.
- Jack transport support (master or client)
- Support for .srt and .sub subtitle files
- Vloopback/vloopback2 output for video (Linux only)
- Support for Unicap compatible devices.
- Full integration with upcoming videojack standard
- RFX builder allows rapid prototyping of new effects, transitions, generators, utilities and tools. Custom RFX scripts can be exported to share with others or downloaded and imported. Test scripts are run in a sandbox to allow safe testing of new plugins.
- MIDI sequence synchronisation (start/stop).
- Shuttle controls for firewire cameras/recorders. Can grab from DV and HDV formats.
- "License page for LiVES".
Further reading 
- The book "Video Wiedergabe, Bearbeitung und Streaming unter Linux", Open Source Press, contains a chapter on LiVES.
- Interview with the author for Linux BG magazine, original English version[dead link]
- The LiVES Video Editor and VJ Tool Turns 1.0, Linux Journal, July 2009.
- Review of LiVES 1.0.0-pre1 for Linux Journal
- Review of LiVES on Linux Insider January 2012.
- LiVES Homepage
- LiVES at Freecode
- LiVES episode on hackerpublicradio.org (mp3 audio)
- LiVES on EstudioLivre.org
- LiVES manual (html version)
- Ubuntu PPA for LiVES
- Project Statistics on ohloh.net