This page contains a list of user images about Macbook Air Instant On which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Macbook Air Instant On news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Russian Roulette. (C) 2009 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Only Girl (In The World). (C) 2010 The Island Def Jam Music Group #VEVOCertified on February 16, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Please take a second and LIKE+FAV this video! :D I worked really hard on it. Also : SHARE THIS VIDEO with friends:) Twitter/Facebook/Websites *brofist* More ...
The father and son movie star duo told Ellen about their relationship, and the things Will does to embarrass his son.
WATCH AVATAR, PREDATOR & BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/Movies2XTRAS Anthony and Ian see what movies would be like if they were actually realistic. AGAIN. ---------...
||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay rather than an encyclopedic description of the subject. (July 2009)|
In computers, instant on is the ability to boot nearly instantly, so one can get online or use a specific application without waiting for a PC's traditional operating system to launch. Instant-on technology is today mostly used on laptops, netbooks, and nettops because the user can boot up one program, instead of waiting for the PC's entire operating system to boot. For instance, a user may want to just launch a movie playing software or launch an Internet browser, without needing the whole operating system. There are and were true instant-on machines such as the Atari ST and early Apple Inc. Macintosh as described in the Booting article. These machines had complete Operating Systems resident in ROM similar to the way in which the BIOS function is conventionally provided on current computer architectures. The "instant-on" concept as used here results from loading an OS, such as a legacy system DOS, with a small hard drive footprint. Latency inherent from mechanical drive performance can also be eliminated by using Live USB or Live SD flash memory to load systems at electronic speeds which are orders of magnitude faster.
List of systems 
- Acer InstaBoot Netbook (based on Splashtop)
- Acer RevoBoot Nettop (based on Splashtop)
- Asus Express Gate motherboards, notebooks, Eee Box (nettop), and EeePCs (based on Splashtop)
- Canonical product announced in early 2010 
- Dell Latitude ON, Latitude On Reader (based on Splashtop), Latitude On Flash (based on Splashtop)
- Google Chrome OS
- HP QuickWeb Probook notebook (based on Splashtop)
- HP Instant On Solution Voodoo & Envy notebook (based on Splashtop)
- HP Instant Web netbook (based on Splashtop)
- Lenovo QuickStart (based on Splashtop)
- LG SmartOn (based on Splashtop)
- Mandriva InstantOn
- MSI Winki
- Palm Foleo
- Phoenix HyperSpace
- Sony Quick Web Access (based on Splashtop)
- Splashtop Inc. Splashtop
- Xandros Presto
- XPud 
- In October 2007, ASUS introduced an instant on capability branded "Express Gate" on select motherboards, using DeviceVM's Splashtop software and dedicated flash memory.
- In May 2008, Asus shipping "Express Gate" based on Splashtop to its notebooks.
- In July 2008, HP started shipping Splashtop on its Voodoo notebooks, calling it "Instant On Solution (IOS)."
- In October 2008, Lenovo started shipping Splashtop on its netbooks, calling it "QuickStart." 
- Dell Computer Corporation announced on 13 August 2008 that they would support "instant on" in their Latitude line of laptops, leveraging "a dedicated low-voltage sub-processor and OS that can enable multi-day battery life and which provides "near-instant access to e-mail, calendar, attachments, contacts and the Web without booting into the system’s main operating system (OS)..." This OS will be running a Linux variant.
- In January 2009, LG started shipping Splashtop on its netbooks, calling it "Smart On."
- In June 2009, Acer started using Splashtop on its netbook, calling it "RevoBoot."
- In June 2009, Sony started installing an instant on browser-only version of Splashtop software on its Vaio NW laptops.
- In September 2009, HP announced that it will ship a number of netbooks and commercial notebooks with a "Quick Web" instant on feature, which also utilizes Splashtop software.
- In September 2009, Asus shipped EeePC netbooks with "Express Gate," based on Splashtop.
- In October 2009, Samsung partnered with Phoenix Technologies to offer instant-on notebooks and netbooks.
- In November 2009, Dell shipped Latitude commercial notebooks, with Latitude On Reader and Latitude On Flash features, based on Splashtop.
- In November 2009, Google open source Chrome OS alpha.
- In November 2009, Acer shipped Splashtop on its Aspire One netbooks, called "InstaBoot." 
- In December 2009, Mandriva published an Environment called "Mandriva InstantOn"
- By end of 2009, Splashtop has shipped on over 30 million PCs.
- In early 2010, Canonical, the sponsors for the Ubuntu Operating System, will have an Instant On proposition released to market. Information may be released at the CES show in Las Vegas, January 2010.
- In June 2010, HP buys Phoenix's HyperSpace.
- In 2010, DeviceVM projected Splashtop will ship on over 100 million PCs.
- In October 2010, Apple introduced the new MacBook Air a next generation notebook that use flash memory technology that enables the ability of instant on.
- In February 2011, Splashtop OS released as a free download.
Pros and cons 
An "instant-on" operating system is like those used by 1980s home computers such as the Commodore 64. This offers many advantages over a standard modern operating system:
- It boots much faster.
- It is less vulnerable to malware as the system is mostly read-only.
- It allows for diskless computers.
- It is lighter.
- It consumes less power.
However, this comes at the price of having limited local functionality, while focusing on web / cloud services.
Consumer electronics 
In the past, consumer electronics manufacturers would emblazon radios and TV sets with "Instant On" or "Instant Play" decals. In series filament sets, instant on was accomplished by adding only a silicon diode across the power switch to keep tube filaments lit at 50% power; the diode was placed such that the typical half wave rectifier of the day was reverse-biased. Instant on advantages included near-instant operation of the television or radio and potentially longer vacuum tube life; disadvantages included energy consumption and risk of fire. Most solid state consumer electronics are inherently instant on, so the moniker survived into the early solid state era to differentiate a product from its vacuum-tube based brethren (with CRTs being a notable exception).
- Elgin, Mike (August 15, 2008). "Dell targets 19-hour laptop at 'digital nomads'". Computer World.
- Kingsley-Hughes, Adrian (August 13, 2008). "Are “instant on” notebooks the future?". ZDNet.