This page contains a list of user images about Sam Is Dead which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Sam Is Dead news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Sam Is Dead Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
The Otherside Remix Music Video was filmed in various locations for about a year and a half throughout 2010-2011. It is the duo's second video collaboration ...
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Subscribe for new compilations every Friday! ▻ http://bit.ly/failarmy Facebook ▻ http://facebook.com/failarmyy Twitter ▻ http://twitter.com/RealFailArmy Down...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Fun.'s music video for 'We Are Young' featuring Janelle Monáe from the full-length album, Some Nights - available now on Fueled By Ramen. Visit http://ournam...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
|My Brother Sam is Dead|
|Author(s)||James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
My Brother Sam Is Dead (1974) is a young adult historical fiction novel by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier. The book realistically depicts what happened in the American Revolution. It is a Newbery Honor book that was also named an ALA Notable Children's Book and nominated for a National Book Award in 1975.
Plot summary 
Timothy Meeker is a young boy who lives in the town of Redding, Connecticut around the time the American Revolution begins. Tim does not exactly care about politics, but his father, Eliphalet ("Life"), is a loyalist to Great Britain, much like the rest of the town. His entire family welcomes his brave and head-strong teenage brother, Sam, when he returns from Yale. However, his father is outraged when he learns that Sam has joined the Continental Army to fight against the British.
Unlike Tim, Sam is not afraid to voice his opinions, and this causes him to eventually be forced out from the family tavern (their home and business). After this, Sam steals his father's Brown Bess to use as a weapon during battles. Sam leaves Redding to fight, and things become harder, gradually separating the family. Sam occasionally returns, although when this happens, Tim is the only one who talks with him. In one instance, Tim delivers a "business letter" to New York for a "moderate" neighbor named Mr. Heron, against his father's wishes, since he does not trust Heron. Betsy Read, Tim and Sam's girlfriend, opens the letter, only to find it is a "test note" that says: If you receive this message, then the messenger is reliable, meaning that the future letters will be spy reports on soldiers. Tim throws away the note.
While on a trip with his father to sell beef to loyalists in New York, they are stopped by a band of cowboys who presumably abduct him. Tim goes home, and the next year finds his father has died on a prison ship due to an outbreak of cholera. After this, Tim's mother, Susannah, begins to drink heavily. Meanwhile, prices of food and drinks go up and the redcoats even show up in Redding to take weapons and fight the few Patriots there. After seeing the bloody battle, in which one of Tim's friends, an innocent slave named Ned, is decapitated, and another friend, an innocent child named Jerry Stanford, is captured by the British, Tim begins to have stronger feelings about the Patriots. Sam returns, only to reveal he has been framed for stealing cattle and he is going to be executed by his own army in a warning to soldiers who may do the same thing if faced by extreme hunger.
The story then cuts to 1826, where Tim reveals he has survived the Revolution, and that he has written the entire story to tell what life was like in the war. He expresses his condolences about Sam, and then reveals he has a happy life.
- Sam Meeker: A high-strung 16 year old who joins the Continental Army to fight for his principles against his family's favor, Sam is executed by his own army after being falsely accused of stealing his own family's cattle.
- Tim Meeker: Sam's brother and the narrator of the story. Although younger than Sam, Tim frequently comes across as more mature and responsible. Faces difficulty choosing between his father's ideas and Sam's. Tim is also afraid to voice his own opinions. He has to go through the death of his brother Sam and his Father.
- Eliphalet "Life" Meeker (also called Father and Mr. Meeker): Tim and Sam's father, Life is a pacifist. During a trip to sell beef, he is captured by the Rebels, because they believe he's selling beef to the British. He ends up dying on a British prison ship from an outbreak of epidemic cholera.
- Susannah Meeker (Also called Mother and Mrs. Meeker): Tim and Sam's mother (who is very religious and hardworking.) She takes over running the tavern and starts to drink heavily after Life dies.
- Betsy Read: A young woman who belongs to a Patriot family. Also Sam's girlfriend.
- Jerry Sanford: A young local boy and a friend of Tim's, he is captured by the British and dies on a prison ship.
- General Israel Putnam: Commander of the Continental Army that stays in Redding. General Putnam sentences Sam to death.
- Dr. Hobart: One of Redding's many doctors.
My Brother Sam Is Dead currently has four stars on Amazon.com, indicating generally positive reviews.