This page contains a list of user images about Smog Rating which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Smog Rating news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Smog Rating Images
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The SMOG grade is a measure of readability that estimates the years of education needed to understand a piece of writing. SMOG is the acronym derived from Simple Measure of Gobbledygook. It is widely used, particularly for checking health messages. The SMOG grade yields a 0.985 correlation with a standard error of 1.5159 grades with the grades of readers who had 100% comprehension of test materials.
The formula for calculating the SMOG grade was developed by G. Harry McLaughlin as a more accurate and more easily calculated substitute for the Gunning fog index and published in 1969. To make calculating a text's readability as simple as possible an approximate formula was also given — count the words of three or more syllables in three 10-sentence samples, estimate the count's square root (from the nearest perfect square), and add 3.
A 2010 study published in the Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh stated that “SMOG should be the preferred measure of readability when evaluating consumer-orientated healthcare material.” The study found that “The Flesch-Kincaid formula significantly underestimated reading difficulty compared with the gold standard SMOG formula.”
Applying SMOG to other languages lacks statistical validity.
To calculate SMOG
- Count a number of sentences (at least 30)
- In those sentences, count the polysyllables (words of 3 or more syllables).
- Calculate using
This version (sometimes called the SMOG Index) is more easily used for mental math:
- Count the number of polysyllabic words in three samples of ten sentences each.
- Take the square root of the nearest perfect square
- Add 3
SMOG conversion tables compiled by Harold C. McGraw are slightly inaccurate because they are based on the approximate formula. Furthermore tables for texts of fewer than 30 sentences are statistically invalid, because the formula was normed on 30-sentence samples.
- Hedman, Amy S. (January 2008). "Using the SMOG formula to revise a health-related document". American Journal of Health Education 39 (1): 61–64. doi:10.1080/19325037.2008.10599016. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- Ley, P.; T. Florio (February 1996). "The use of readability formulas in health care". Psychology, Health & Medicine 1 (1): 7–28. doi:10.1080/13548509608400003. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- McLaughlin, G. Harry (May 1969). "SMOG Grading — a New Readability Formula" (PDF). Journal of Reading 12 (8): 639–646. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Fitzsimmons,P.; Michael, B.; Hulley, J.; Scott, G. (2010). "A readability assessment of online Parkinson's disease information". J R Coll Physicians Edinb 40 (4): 292–6. doi:10.4997/JRCPE.2010.401. PMID 21132132.
- Contreras, A.; Garcia-alonso, R.; Echenique, M.; Daye-contreras, F. (1999). "The SOL Formulas for Converting SMOG Readability Scores Between Health Education Materials Written in Spanish, English, and French". Journal of Health Communication 4 (1): 21–29. doi:10.1080/108107399127066. PMID 10977275. Retrieved 2008-09-20.