This page contains a list of user images about Year Of The Gentleman which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Year Of The Gentleman news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Year Of The Gentleman Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Fun.'s music video for 'We Are Young' featuring Janelle Monáe from the full-length album, Some Nights - available now on Fueled By Ramen. Visit http://ournam...
What people expect romance to be vs what it really is... Follow Catherine! https://twitter.com/CDekoekkoek Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://ww...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
Music video by Eminem performing Love The Way You Lie. © 2010 Aftermath Records #VEVOCertified on September 13, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://ww...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
|Year of the Gentleman|
|Studio album by Ne-Yo|
|Released||September 11, 2008|
|Genre||R&B, pop, dance-pop|
|Label||Def Jam, Compound|
|Producer||Kirven Arrington, Polow Da Don, Chuck Harmony, Adam Messinger, Ne-Yo (also exec.), Antonio "L.A." Reid (exec.), StarGate, Stereotypes, Syience, Shea Taylor, Shomari "Sho" Wilson|
|Singles from Year of the Gentleman|
Year of the Gentleman is the third studio album by American R&B and pop singer-songwriter Ne-Yo, released September 16, 2008, on Def Jam Recordings in the United States. Ne-Yo worked with several record producers for the album, including Stargate, Chuck Harmony, Polow da Don, Stereotypes, and Reggie "Syience" Perry, among others.
Upon its release, Year of the Gentleman received generally positive reviews from music critics, who commended its musical aesthetic and Ne-Yo's songwriting. It earned him seven Grammy Award nominations, including Album of the Year.
The album was a commercial success as well, charting in the top-10 in several countries. It produced four singles, including international hits "Closer", "Miss Independent", and "Mad". Year of the Gentleman has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, for shipments of one million copies in the United States. It has also been certified double platinum by the British Phonographic Industry, for shipments of 600,000 copies in the United Kingdom.
Year of the Gentleman was named in honor of Ne-Yo's artistic influences. Ne-Yo cited the 1960s American group Rat Pack, particularly members Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis, Jr. as influences, whose style inspired his clothes and music. Explaining the album's title, he said he was "trying to take it back to where you couldn't walk out of the house unless you looked your best". Commenting on the likes of the Rat Pack and Nat King Cole he commented that "they're suited and everything is right from top to bottom. Not saying it has to be a suit, 'cause clothes don't make the man — it's the attitude and person. The music needs to personify that.". No featurings are present on the album, as previously announced, though "Single" also features as a version with New Kids on the Block on their album, The Block.
Although Ne-Yo has claimed that he wanted to "take a different direction" on the album by not making R&B sounds, however, according to Billboard magazine, "it seems he still has a heavy—yet welcome—case of the (rhythm and) blues on the finished product". The scene in the background for the cover was shot at the $20 million dollar mansion, known as Pink Palace, in the Buckhead district of Atlanta, Georgia.
Release and promotion 
The first single, "Closer", was released on April 15. The song debuted at number twenty-two on the UK Singles Chart, and later reached number one. On Billboard's Hot 100, the song peaked at number seven, while it has reached number one on the Hot 100 Airplay chart. The second single was supposed to be "Stop This World", but was replaced by "Miss Independent", which was released on August 11. The physical release will be accompanied by a video which premiered on August 21 on Access Granted. Both of these songs are produced and co-written by Stargate. The album was re-released on December 3, 2008 in Japan, featuring the original Japanese bonus tracks, "What's The Matter" and "She Got Her Own" (featuring Fabolous & Jamie Foxx), as well as two remixes of "Closer" and an exclusive US iTunes track "In The Way" (tracklist on hmv.co.jp)
The third single is confirmed to be "Mad" and goes for adds on Urban/Rhythmic on October 14, 2008. A video has been made for song "She Got Her Own" and is the official international single. On May 21, 2008 -- months before the album's release -- Ne-Yo performed the ballad "Stop This World" on the ABC soap opera All My Children. Appearing as himself, Ne-Yo sang the song during the lavish wedding ceremony of supercouple Jesse and Angie Hubbard. The fourth single is confirmed to be "Part of the List". The music video is shot in Prague on March 22. Director is TAJ of the Popular Kid. Video produced by Andrew Listermann of Riveting Entertainment.
Commercial performance 
Year of the Gentleman debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 with 250,000 copies sold making his first album not to debut at number one on the chart. The album debuted at number two on the UK Albums Chart, giving Ne-Yo his highest-charting album in the UK, beating Because of You, which debuted at number six in 2007. In Japan, the album debuted at number one and has thus far sold over 200,000 copies and in the UK 100,000 copies in its first week. The album has since been certified platinum in the UK.
Critical response 
|The A.V. Club||C+|
|Los Angeles Times|||
The album received generally positive reviews from music critics; it holds an aggregate score of 79/100 from Metacritic. Caryn Ganz of Rolling Stone stated, "The 28-year-old singer-songwriter says his latest collection of heartfelt love songs is a tribute to the Rat Pack's pressed-suit style, but it's actually a superb concept album about what a great boyfriend he can be." Vibe's Brad Wete wrote that Ne-Yo "is a stronger, more confident man than the one many remember licking his wounds" on his previous work. Newsday writer Glenn Gamboa gave it an A- rating and wrote "for the bulk of the album, Ne-Yo has simply honed his hit-making skills, churning out one memorable melody after another, building an album that finally lives up to the potential he only hinted at on his first two releases, both lyrically and vocally." Amy Linden of The Village Voice said that the album "reconfigures 'grown and sexy' by detailing relationships with an often uneasy mix of heartache, reflection, wit, lust, and resignation."
However, Slant Magazine's Eric Henderson found it "musically uneven and ballad-heavy". Robert Christgau gave the album a rating of honorable mention (), indicating a "likable effort consumers attuned to its overriding aesthetic or individual vision may well enjoy".
Track listing 
|1.||"Closer"||Shaffer Smith, Tor Erik Hermansen, Mikkel S. Eriksen, Magnus Beite, Bernt Rune Stray||StarGate, Ne-Yo*||3:54|
|2.||"Nobody"||Smith, Rodney Jerkins||Kirven Arrington||3:07|
|3.||"Single"||Smith, Jamal Jones||Polow Da Don, Ne-Yo*, Adam Messinger*||4:18|
|4.||"Mad"||Smith, Hermansen, Eriksen||StarGate, Ne-Yo*||4:14|
|5.||"Miss Independent"||Smith, Hermansen, Eriksen||StarGate, Ne-Yo*||3:52|
|6.||"Why Does She Stay"||Smith, Jonathan Yip, Ray Romulus, Jeremy Reeves, Micayle McKinney||Stereotypes||4:33|
|7.||"Fade into the Background"||Smith, Shomari Wilson||Shomari "Sho" Wilson||3:18|
|8.||"So You Can Cry"||Smith, Reggie Perry||Syience||4:18|
|9.||"Part of the List"||Smith, Charles Harmon||Chuck Harmony||4:10|
|10.||"Back to What You Know"||Smith, Hermansen, Eriksen, Beite, Stray||StarGate, Ne-Yo*||4:10|
|11.||"Lie to Me"||Smith, Shea Taylor||Shea Taylor||4:27|
|12.||"Stop This World"||Smith, Harmon||Chuck Harmony||4:24|
(*) denotes co-producer
- Bonus tracks
- "What's the Matter" (produced by Chuck Harmony) (UK iTunes Pre-Order/UK/Australia/Japan) — 3:46
- "She Got Her Own" (featuring Jamie Foxx and Fabolous) (produced by Butter Beats) (US iTunes/Japan) — 5:32
- "In the Way" (produced by J. R. Rotem) (US iTunes Pre-Order/Japan re-release) — 4:16
- "So Sick" (produced by StarGate) (Brazil) — 3:27
- "Because of You" (produced by StarGate) (Brazil/Australia) — 3:46
- "Sexy Love" (produced by StarGate) (Brazil) — 3:40
Charts and certifications 
Chart precession and succession 
The Recession by Young Jeezy
|Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums number-one album
October 4, 2008 - October 11, 2008
Fearless by Jazmine Sullivan
Release history 
|Asia||Japan||September 11, 2008||Universal International|
|Europe||Germany||September 12, 2008||Def Jam|
|United Kingdom||September 15, 2008||Mercury|
|Americas||United States||September 16, 2008||Def Jam|
|Brazil||October 21, 2008||Universal Music|
- "Neyo: Year of the Gentleman". Def Jam. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- "Ne-Yo: Year of the Gentleman". Island Def Jam. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Concepcion, Mariel (2008-03-27). "Ne-Yo's 'Gentleman' Inspired By Davis, Sinatra". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc.). Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Reid, Shaheem (2008-03-18). "Ne-Yo, Hard At Work On Third LP, Makes Time For Lindsay Lohan 'Challenge'". MTV News. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Concepcion, Mariel (September 2008). "Year of the Gentleman: Ne-Yo". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-09-23.[dead link]
- Tobin, Rachel (2008-10-24). "Pink Palace re-priced to sell". ajc.com. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- The Billboard Hot 100 - Closer - Ne-Yo Billboard. Accessed September 14, 2008.
- New Ne-Yo Music - "Miss Independent" The album released September 1 in UK according to Amazon.co.uk and September 16 for the USA!
- My "Miss Independent" Video Is Gonna Be Hot!
- FMQB - Article
- Lang, Derrik J. (2008-04-25). "Ne-Yo to appear on 'All My Children'". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "Music Video News". Video Static. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- Katie Hasty (September 24, 2008). Metallica Edges Ne-Yo, Nelly To Remain No. 1 Billboard. Accessed September 24, 2008.
- "Ne-Yo - Year of the Gentleman", BPI, retrieved 2010-09-16
- Kellman, Andy. "Year of the Gentleman - Ne-Yo". Allmusic. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Rabin, Nathan (2008-09-29). "Ne-Yo: Year Of The Gentleman". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Greenblatt, Leah (2008-09-19). "Year of the Gentleman Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Macpherson, Alex (2008-09-11). "Urban review: Ne-Yo, Year of the Gentleman". The Guardian. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Wood, Mikael (2008-09-16). "Still obsessed, yet earnest". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Joseph, Mike (2008-11-04). "Ne-Yo: Year of the Gentleman". PopMatters. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Ganz, Caryn (2008-09-18). "Year of the Gentleman : Ne-Yo : Review". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2008-09-13. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Henderson, Eric (2008-09-19). "Ne-Yo: Year of the Gentleman". Slant Magazine. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Jones, Steve (2008-09-14). "Ne-Yo's 'Gentleman' shows growth as artist". USA Today. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Wete, Brad (2008-09-17). "Ne-Yo: 'Year of the Gentleman'". Vibe. Archived from the original on 2008-09-20. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Critic Reviews for Year Of The Gentleman". Metacritic. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Gamboa, Glenn (2008-09-16). "Review: Ne-Yo, 'The Year of the Gentleman'". Newsday. Archived from the original on 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Linden, Amy (2008-09-17). "Ne-Yo's Fantastic R&B Finds Strength in Vulnerability". The Village Voice. Retrieved on 2009-11-19.
- Christgau, Robert. "CG: Ne-Yo". MSN Music: January 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-11-19.
- Christgau, Robert. "CG 90s: Key to Icons". Robert Christgau. Retrieved on 2009-06-15.
- Rolling Stone's 50 Best albums of 2008
- Year of the Gentleman - Ne-Yo | AllMusic: Credits. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2011-05-04.
- Ne-Yo - Year Of The Gentleman - Music Charts αCharts. Accessed September 25, 2008.
- Canoe -- Jam! Music SoundScan Charts
- BBC - Radio 1 - Chart Show - The UK Top 40 Albums
- "RIAJ - December 2008". RIAJ. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- Year of the Gentleman – Album Certification, RIAA, retrieved 2010-09-16
- "Ne-Yo:Year of the Gentleman". universal-music.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Ne-Yo - Year of the Gentleman - CD
- Ne-Yo - Year of the Gentleman - disco di Ne-Yo
- Ne-yo - Year Of The Gentleman
- Year of the Gentleman: Ne-Yo: Music
- "Year of the Gentleman - Brazilian Edition - Saraiva.com.br". Livrariasaraiva.com.br. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- Year of the Gentleman at Discogs
- Year of the Gentleman at Metacritic
- Ne-Yo in His Own Words — Blues & Soul